Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2009, 17:05   #91
BHPian

Tejas, you are doing the right thing. Keep it up.

What is the need for law and order, if it is not imposed.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:05   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default ABS & EBD on the Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Does anyone think the presence of ABS, EBD on that car might have prevented this crash.
FYI, all versions of the Cedia (Select, Spirit and Sport) come with ABS & EBD as standard. I know this because I had gone car-hunting in Sept 2008, and the Cedia was right at the top of my choice list.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Doc, you are doing the right thing...Its nice to see that you are fighting for the poor cabbie's rights....We are Proud of you,keep us updated on the events.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:05   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone think the presence of ABS, EBD on that car might have prevented this crash.
As far as I know, the Cedia does have ABS.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, you are doing the right thing. Brother, my prayers are with you and the victims of the accident. All the Best!!
Old 24th February 2009, 17:08   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Tomo i have an appoint with my DCP.
EDIT: One thing is for sure, although i hate cabbies generally, i want this cabbie to be completely compensated. I will not give up without that!
Was the DCP there when you went?

Quote:
All i say is that i'm just giving a statement, not filing an FIR.
they first take down mine and my friends details on a blank piece of paper.

So he shakes my hand and asks me politely to explain to him to happened. Then i ask him why is he just listening and not taking notes?

That can only be given to the guy lodging the FIR and the victim....
1. after they took your statement on the blank piece of paper did they fill out a statement book and register that statement?

2. If the cop did not immediately start making notes you are at liberty to stop and insist that he does so for you to continue explaining your story.

3. If the cop insisted that the copy can only be given to the person making the FIR then you could have told the cop that in that case you would like to lodge an FIR.

I get the sad feeling that this case is going to be hushed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
The Jag guy seems to be a friend as he was arguing for the cedia driver as per tejas's previous posts!
If the Jag guy was a friend he would not have continued to be one had the cedia hit him instead but that is another story.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:10   #97
BHPian

Quote:
I was just wondering the same thing, does this model have ABS though?
Old 24th February 2009, 17:16   #98
Senior - BHPian

Ok i was also feeling that its a little harsh that the guy will have to do time for an accident in which no lives were lost (thank god) ,he`s in his teens and has a fancy car at his disposal ,mistakes can happen.
BUTTTTTTT after reading about his parents/relatives and the Cops behavior i think Tejas should definitely teach them a lesson.!
Old 24th February 2009, 17:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and i enter the police station.
they first take down mine and my friends details on a blank piece of paper. I then go to the duty officer and tell him i want him to take down my statement.

Once i finished my statement, i told him that now you write it down and i will wait outside and collect my copy. to this he answers that he doesnt have to write it down and nor is it my right to ask for a copy of my statement. That can only be given to the guy lodging the FIR and the victim.

I insisted that no that's not true but he said that's procedure. So i said, fine i am not too sure about it but will find out the whole thing or file an RTI for it and walked out.
You should have immediately asked him to register it as an FIR - he would have been more than happy to give you a statement copy!

The best way to give statements is to write one yourself .. in triplicate... and give two copies to the cops asking them to acknowledge the third along with the name,signature and seal of the Duty officer/SHO - with the date AND TIME mentioned!

Tell them if they don't give you an acknowledgement a friend of yours is already on the way to his SP with a copy of the same letter - with a addition that this duty officer refused to take/acknowledge the complaint. Tell him that letter is in Six copies - including one copy to the Commissioner, One copy to the Chief Justice of the Maharashtra High Court and one copy to the media as well! (the HC can consider the letter as a complaint, and amongst other things ask the cops to file an FIR based on that!)

Then sit back and watch them do their job!

EDIT: If its an IAS/IPS or equivalent ranked guy who is harassing or not cooperating , please write to the President Of India's grievance cell. These are all Presidential appointments . The best part - regardless of the outcome of the subsequent investigation, the entry is permanent in that persons personal record! That apparently is very very bad news - and something they will do their utmost to avoid! However not many people are aware this avenue exists.

Last edited by kb100 : 24th February 2009 at 17:42.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The car has ABS+EBD if thats what you wish to know and has some of the best brakes out there in its segment. This is a case of sheer stupidity on the part of the driver.

I feel really sorry for the taxi guy and also the poor car that got totaled because of carelessness and rash driving. Feels sad because I own exactly the same car (even the color) and I make it a point to ensure that its never scratched.

Kudos to Tejas for his persistence. Lunatics on road like these deserve to learn a lesson.
you read my mind
if the car has airbags then it should have abs also as standard.
in such an event i guess you need to squeeze on the brakes as hard as possible and not make sudden steering movements.
some thing similar happened to me on the highway to coimbatore(bypass)
i was not able to judge the lorry coming in the opposite direction it was a curve and a slope and i was climbing and the lorry getting down he was around 100 and me around 140 i squeezed the brakes a bit.. there was a bit of tyre skid but the abs kicked in immediately and i easily drove away.
there was 100% control over the vehicle.
no use ruining the kids life actually you cant if he gets booked for it also he will be in and out of court sessions that's all.
rather try to help the victims of the accident.

Last edited by vinaydas : 24th February 2009 at 17:40.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Good job Tejas.
However after reading the whole incident i got a feeling this case will be swept under the feet and the boy will be released. Keep updating!
Old 24th February 2009, 18:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The car has ABS+EBD if thats what you wish to know and has some of the best brakes out there in its segment. This is a case of sheer stupidity on the part of the driver.

I feel really sorry for the taxi guy and also the poor car that got totaled because of carelessness and rash driving. Feels sad because I own exactly the same car (even the color) and I make it a point to ensure that its never scratched.

Kudos to Tejas for his persistence. Lunatics on road like these deserve to learn a lesson.
I too own the same car and can vouch for the braking capability of this car.
He has to be really an insane driver to make such an accident with a cedia. It can't be at 80kmph for sure. At 80kmph, cedia is obedient like a well trained horse.

I have lost count on how many times I had to do 80-0 with in few meters of distance.

reignofchaos, we both have Michelin PP2 on our Cedia. That could be adding up to our braking efficiency.

Tejas, You have already earned the respect of many on T-BHP. Good going my friend. True philanthropist
Old 24th February 2009, 19:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Though you are involved with this accident directly, hats off to you for spending time to this activity which itself is not of any serious injuries to any human being.

Somehow Iam convinced that this young adult is going to get scot-free as none will give importance to penalize the kid and make him understand the grievous mistake he did. Rather people would be more interested in milking more stuff from him.

An incident like this will be enough for a good hearted person like you to keep going in your direction rather than getting into these non-senses in future

All the best for the cooperation from the guys who got affected in this accident

Last edited by Surprise : 24th February 2009 at 19:10.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:13   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
if the car has airbags then it should have abs also as standard.
I was under the impression that Corolla has got airbag but without abs (optional). Though not sure about it

Last edited by Surprise : 24th February 2009 at 19:16.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, shouldn't the kid be out already? AFAIK, no case has been registered yet, so where is he being kept? He doesn't have to post bail or anything, he can walk out and go home and go to sleep.
Closed Thread