Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 19:26   #46
BHPian
 
ak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore/Hyderabad
Posts: 281
Thanked: 143 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
i might join you with my family , if it all works out
Do you have a time machine?
ak916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 00:10   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Do you have a time machine?
ouch , the dreaded bumped up post attacks me again , my bad
kippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 05:19   #48
BHPian
 
vickzkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, Hyd
Posts: 75
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Hi All

Apologies for bumping up an old thread , need help in planning a holiday , aiming to do a road trip during my forthcoming trip to India. I'm looking to go on a road trip with wife and couple of my cousins as per the following itinerary

Hyderabad - Bandipur - Nagarhole - Madhumalai - Wayanad -Hyderabad.

Want to experience the forest and enjoy the nature and wildlife views , not interested in the hill station experience so no plans to visit any nearby . Queries are as follows -

1) Is it the above correct route to follow or do I need to change it keeping in view that Hyderabad would be the starting point.

2) Planning to make the first night halt in Mysore solely to spend the night in a decent hotel - Is this the right way to go or can I find any other decent alternative.

3) Any Pointers about accommodation in Bandipur , Nagarhole and Wayanad , budget is not an issue as long as the accommodation is suitable for the ladies and family oriented, availability of decent parking space , good food (Non -veg and Veg as few are veggies in the group)

4) Have come across some information which states that Safari in all the wildlife sanctuaries are closed during monsoon / mating season . Is October / November the right time to go ahead with this trip?

5) Finally road conditions of the route mentioned above and any valuable tips - Reside close to APPA junction so the best possible routes for the trip , have come across many route suggestions but nothing recently so the confusion.

Appreciate all the help and info and apologies for a plethora of questions , need to plan my entire visit to India around this trip so the need for an elaborate plan so far in advance.

Regards
Vickzkool
vickzkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:59   #49
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Hyderabad - Bandipur - Nagarhole - Madhumalai - Wayanad -Hyderabad.
Hyderabad - Nagarhole- Waynad - Bandipur/Madhumalai - Mysore -Hyderabad.

You can add Mysore as a stop over

Quote:
1) Is it the above correct route to follow or do I need to change it keeping in view that Hyderabad would be the starting point.
You can drive Nagarhole on Day 1.

Hyd-Devanahalli-Dobbaspet-Neligere-Srirangapatna-Mysore-Nagarhole

Nagarhole-Waynad (depending on where you stay)

Waynad-Meppadi-Gudalur-Bandipur (for the fun of driving)
or Waynad-Gundlupet-Bandipur.

[quote]
2) Planning to make the first night halt in Mysore solely to spend the night in a decent hotel - Is this the right way to go or can I find any other decent alternative.
[quote]

I wanted to suggest the same. Good option. There are many good ones to select from.

Quote:
3) Any Pointers about accommodation in Bandipur , Nagarhole and Wayanad , budget is not an issue as long as the accommodation is suitable for the ladies and family oriented, availability of decent parking space , good food (Non -veg and Veg as few are veggies in the group)
Bandipur/Kabini has Jungle lodges. If you want to splurge Kabini has Serai and Orange county. Bandipur has Serai too.

Quote:
4) Have come across some information which states that Safari in all the wildlife sanctuaries are closed during monsoon / mating season . Is October / November the right time to go ahead with this trip?
No idea.

Quote:
5) Finally
road conditions of the route mentioned above and any valuable tips - Reside close to APPA junction so the best possible routes for the trip , have come across many route suggestions but nothing recently so the confusion.
Hyd-Mysore should be easy. Take the NH48 instead of Bangalore-Mysore road. Its much more peaceful. Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Neligere-Srirangapatna-Mysore.

Check with Racer_Ash. He lost his way between Dobbaspet to NH48 intersection. I think its a decent road on that section, but looks like took off a different option.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2014 at 10:01.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 04:18   #50
BHPian
 
vickzkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, Hyd
Posts: 75
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

[quote=ampere;3469311]Hyderabad - Nagarhole- Waynad - Bandipur/Madhumalai - Mysore -Hyderabad.

You can add Mysore as a stop over



You can drive Nagarhole on Day 1.

Hyd-Devanahalli-Dobbaspet-Neligere-Srirangapatna-Mysore-Nagarhole

Nagarhole-Waynad (depending on where you stay)

Waynad-Meppadi-Gudalur-Bandipur (for the fun of driving)
or Waynad-Gundlupet-Bandipur.

[quote]
2) Planning to make the first night halt in Mysore solely to spend the night in a decent hotel - Is this the right way to go or can I find any other decent alternative.
Quote:

I wanted to suggest the same. Good option. There are many good ones to select from.


Bandipur/Kabini has Jungle lodges. If you want to splurge Kabini has Serai and Orange county. Bandipur has Serai too.


No idea.



Hyd-Mysore should be easy. Take the NH48 instead of Bangalore-Mysore road. Its much more peaceful. Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Neligere-Srirangapatna-Mysore.

Check with Racer_Ash. He lost his way between Dobbaspet to NH48 intersection. I think its a decent road on that section, but looks like took off a different option.
Thank you ampere for your inputs , appreciate it a lot as they are very apt and precise, will be researching all options based on your suggestions , the route query is completely resolved , have never travelled on these roads before , can I rely on sat nav for directions , does gps work all along the route ? , will get in touch with racer ash shortly , any further pointers are absolutely welcome.
vickzkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 14:40   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Did the Hyderabad-Humpi-Dandeli-Hyderabad trip last week .

Architecture and history of Hampi is very intriguing .

Dandeli is a great place to enjoy a forest stay . It has a 10km long rafting option with 8 odd rapids . Also there are bird watching and nature trails .

Roads are average and 2 lanned . But scenery is good with windmills, corn fields , sugar cane fields and forests.

Definitely recommended
Sujair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 19:39   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

[quote=vickzkool;3470057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
...have never travelled on these roads before , can I rely on sat nav for directions , does gps work all along the route ? , will get in touch with racer ash shortly , any further pointers are absolutely welcome.
GPS should work just fine all along. I have not done Hyderabad to Bandipur or Nagarhole, but have done Hyd-Bangalore & Bangalore-Bandipur/Nagarhole many, many times. GPS as well as mobile data works fine.
You dont really need to spend a night in Mysore, unless you want to. There are upscale (but expensive) resorts in both places. Serai, in both places should be nice, and there is also a Orange County in Kabini. I've stayed in Serai Kabini, and it was mostly a good experience. Only drawback was that their cottages are not well designed for a resort... no proper sound-proofing. There was a family with a noisy kid next door whom we could hear clearly through the walls.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 03:57   #53
BHPian
 
vickzkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, Hyd
Posts: 75
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post


Hyd-Mysore should be easy. Take the NH48 instead of Bangalore-Mysore road. Its much more peaceful. Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Neligere-Srirangapatna-Mysore.
Ampere , thanks for your guidance previously , I did the Bandipur trip and absolutely loved it , however I think I missed the above route mentioned as I went into Bangalore and proceeded to mysore , I'm contemplating another trip exclusively to Nagarhole in mid april as I'm flying to India in the next 10 days , can you kindly guide me as to how to miss out on Bangalore as I absolutely hated the Bangalore roads and traffic ( worse than Hyderabad ) , thanks in advance!

[quote=floyd;3639918]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post

GPS should work just fine all along. I have not done Hyderabad to Bandipur or Nagarhole, but have done Hyd-Bangalore & Bangalore-Bandipur/Nagarhole many, many times. GPS as well as mobile data works fine.
You dont really need to spend a night in Mysore, unless you want to. There are upscale (but expensive) resorts in both places. Serai, in both places should be nice, and there is also a Orange County in Kabini. I've stayed in Serai Kabini, and it was mostly a good experience. Only drawback was that their cottages are not well designed for a resort... no proper sound-proofing. There was a family with a noisy kid next door whom we could hear clearly through the walls.
Thanks Floyd , I already did this trip and my Tomtom which I loaded with Indian map did the trick , where google maps failed my tomtom held its ground ! , I'm planning a trip to Serai Kabini and have just booked the villa for mid april , have you got any idea about the dinner package (it's my wife's bday and i would want to do something special ), is it worth the dosh that is being quoted for the romantic dinner (Rs 7500) , any tips about The Serai would be greatly appreciated !

Last edited by vickzkool : 20th March 2015 at 03:58. Reason: Editing
vickzkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 05:55   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Ampere , thanks for your guidance previously , I did the Bandipur trip and absolutely loved it , however I think I missed the above route mentioned as I went into Bangalore and proceeded to mysore , I'm contemplating another trip exclusively to Nagarhole in mid april as I'm flying to India in the next 10 days , can you kindly guide me as to how to miss out on Bangalore as I absolutely hated the Bangalore roads and traffic ( worse than Hyderabad ) , thanks in advance!
The way to remember where to exit NH7:

- If you see Bangalore airport exit you have crossed Bangalore bypass point.
- Before Devanahalli town you will see an exit to Dodaballpur on your right. Thats the NH207. Take that road and it leads to you Doddaballapur.
- In Dodaballapur town look for Dobbaspet exit which is how the NH207 takes you .
- At Dobbaspet go below the NH4 GQ and take road to join NH48.

Route Link

Maps are fairly well upgraded. But if you punch and look for destination, they wont show you these roads as an option and will take you through the regular ones. And thats there you lose the plot. You should always looks for the next point where you want to go. Look at it as an ordered graph traversal.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 13:50   #55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Dear All,

I am planning a trip in October 2015 with my family which includes my wife & 2 boys (10 & 4 Yrs Old). All of us love rad trip needless to say. We would be driving in Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI which is just done 6000 kms & about 8 months old.

I would love to drive along the Karwar Coast Line. I am a bit confused which is the best route to & fro Hyderabad. Of course 1 option is Hyd-Goa-Mangalore-Bangalore - Hyd.

I can leave on 26th October and would prefer being back on 24th October, which gives me 9 days including dep & arr.

Any advice / suggestion in planning the trip in this regard would be of great help.

PS : Any BHPians willing to join are most welcome.

TIA,

Abhinay
CoolAbhi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:03   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

leave on 26th october and back on 24th?

are you planning to do a 1 year trip? sounds fun though
kippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 23:26   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 359
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
.. I'm contemplating another trip exclusively to Nagarhole in mid april as I'm flying to India in the next 10 days , ...
Hey .. did you do this trip to Nagarhole?
Was just wondering its around 800kms, how much drive time did you take for it?
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 19:44   #58
BHPian
 
vickzkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, Hyd
Posts: 75
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. did you do this trip to Nagarhole?
Was just wondering its around 800kms, how much drive time did you take for it?
Deep

We did do the trip and absolutely loved it , Day 1 we set off from Hyd at 7AM and reached Mysore around 6 pm as we met up with cousins in Kurnool on the way , next day we started off at 7AM and reached Nagarhole around 11 AM with couple of breaks.

Last edited by vickzkool : 14th December 2015 at 19:44. Reason: Details
vickzkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 00:11   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 359
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Deep

Day 1 we set off from Hyd at 7AM and reached Mysore around 6 pm as we met up with cousins in Kurnool on the way.
I think 10-11hrs is fair time for Hyd-Mysore, may be you tilt towards 10 if you do Bangalore bypass a little efficiently.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 03:29   #60
BHPian
 
SyncNest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 70
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Holiday options from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
may be you tilt towards 10 if you do Bangalore bypass a little efficiently.
Do you mean the bypass from Devanhalli to NICE road? I did try this but could not save a lot of time.
SyncNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad pravdr Travelogues 61 2nd May 2010 21:52
An errant driver costs family their car and a holiday.. rjstyles69 Street Experiences 80 12th January 2009 22:44
Holiday in Goa ... Where to stay? camry93 Shifting gears 22 2nd October 2007 12:15
Goin for a Holiday S350L-E240 Shifting gears 19 7th June 2004 17:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks