Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th April 2009, 09:50   #16
BANNED

Man, you got to be careful while doing those curves in those intersections, going at 60 was not a good idea at all irrespective of the visibility.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 10:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this man. Things happen. Mob mentality will remain mob mentality. Good to hear that some genuine people were on your side not ready to make money from your ordeal. You were lucky that way. Get the car repaired sir and get back on the road asap!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up

@sjcherian
yes yaar, the front bumper paint seems somewhat bright when compared to the paint on top and hood part.It was newly painted.
And the 6K is the depreciation price i had to give to the insurance,Total was around 30K including new bumpers,rightside cladding,right rear door,right headlight unit.

@zaks

I think you didn't read the entire post.For your kind information, i was not the one going on 60km/h,instead the biker was!!!!.

@prince_pervez
Ya man, was very thankful for some of the people at the accident place.
And i am back with ma swiftyy.
jithudigitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 10:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good that no one was hurt.

Did you get invited to his marriage?
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 11:21   #20
BHPian

@ srishiva

Who wants to remember bad memories on a good & beautiful day as his marriage.He didn't invited me and a matter of fact,i haven't heard from him or his friends/relatives till now.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:56   #21
BHPian

Good that nobody is hurt. But am surprised at the damage happened to car @kmph. Is it because of the build quality or all cars would have had the similar fate?
cherishk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 15:45   #22
BHPian

Damn That's a Nasty Hit. Relieved to know that one was Hurt but Woow the Damage I am really surprised. Was the Guy riding a Bull if not i am dumbfounded by the extent of damage.Take Care Man

Cheers!!!!
YamahaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 16:59   #23
BHPian

You are lucky that the biker is alive. In India - always the bigger vehicle is as fault - that's the assumption. Worst case - if you vehicle is with another state reg no. Worsen if you dunno the local language. And saddest part is - onlookers creates chaos instead of helping. I had narrow misses many a times. Just curious - what bike was it?
rockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 23:29   #24
BHPian

sorry man.. i don't remember which bike was it.But i am sure it was not more than a 125cc bike.THat i am damn sure.
Old 7th April 2009, 23:44   #25
BHPian

it is really sorry that the damage is extensive, but luckly the biker survived. It is looks that this is going to cost you more. I had a similar accident with my father in law's M800, and it was a TVS 50 and more of a head on collision, in a lonely four road junction with just one street lamp, and that was bad crash but the couple survived with minor injuries. I was lucky in fact, not to kill them.
andre1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 00:37   #26
BHPian

A similar accident happened to my Brother in law & Sister. They were going back to their home at Panavoor, (a little after Nedumangad) from our home in Trivandrum. It was night around 7 PM and after Nedumangad there is a place called 'Puthen Palam' where there is a left turn which goes towards Panavoor & Kallara. After getting in to that road from the Shencottah road, my brother in law suddenly found a scooterist heading to his car from the left side.He braked, but the scooter collided with their ALTO. The guy was thrown up, hit the windscreen and then fell to the right side of the car. It was pitch dark, and they had their 2 yr old daughter also with them. Brother feared the worst seeing the man without any response. He managed to put him in the back seat and drove back to Nedumangad Taluk Hospital. There was no injury for the scooterist rather than some scratches and luckily he was totally drunk. He turned out to be a 'Toddy tapper', was on his way back after supplying the 'Anthi Kallu'. That time, Police team was there at Hospital, had booked several drunken riders (Some local festival was going on) and this case was also reported to them. When Police questioned him, his answer was amusing, he said that he was not riding the scooter and he was in a tempo

The windscreen,the bumper as well as the bonnet of the car were damaged. The car was some 2 years old. Police asked my bro to go to the Police Station the next day to get papers for insurance. And by around 9 PM, brother in law & sister went back to their home.

Meanwhile the toddy tapper slipped away and didn't turn up the next day, Police were not able to give the GD report. Then Police began the search for the guy (he was a localite), found the scooter in a workshop and left a message for him there to report at the Police station. He turned up and the GD was processed. Anyway he was not able to go scot free that much easily, Police was making best use of the situation. My bro had told the Police that he does not want any complaint against that guy (As he may not get time to go after all, busy with his job at Technopark and driving/riding 60 kms everyday).The Police told that they will ask the toddy tapper to give Rs.1000 to him for the damages caused to the car and if he do not want the money, take it and hand it over to them. He did the same. It was not over for that guy, the Police had found out some more ways to get little more money from him. Anyway since it was not his botheration, brother in law collected the GD report and left.

The car was at the workshop of Sarathy Motors, Ambalathara, Trivandrum for about one week. The windscreen, bumper and head light were changed. The bill was around 20k+ and he had to pay some 5k+ (The bumper too had to be painted to make it body coloured.)

Last edited by sudheeshnairs : 18th April 2009 at 00:40.
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 01:03   #27
BHPian

Man that was some bad experience.

So did your bro took the money from the tapper and gave it to police? If yes, then that was not a right thing to. do.

Anyways nothing happened to the scooterist or else your bor would have been on very scary situation.Nice that all things went well.

THat TEMPO part. i am still laughing man.hehe
Old 18th April 2009, 01:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post

So did your bro took the money from the tapper and gave it to police? If yes, then that was not a right thing to. do.
Ya, but what to do? My bro would not be having nothing but anger towards that 'tapper' who spoiled his time, day, and money. And he didn't ask for money. He was told by the Police that that guy will come and give the money. If he is going to object to that, obviously he can expect little cooperation from the side of Police, and he may need to hang around the Police station for more days to get the papers for insurance ready.

Last edited by sudheeshnairs : 18th April 2009 at 01:33.
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 03:46   #29
BHPian

sir could you post some pics after the repair done by MASS.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 22:27   #30
BHPian

Sorry about what happened jithu - glad the idiot was on a bike and not a sumo or another car. Anyway, you are safe and unhurt and that is what matters the most. For your kindness to him, I am sure you will win extra points for the day of Judgment. I wanted to ask you something - will the inurance guys ask for the paper that you got signed - is that a mandatory thing(document) - what if this guy had hit a car while it was parked and fled the scene? you take care.
Danindica is offline   Reply With Quote