Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st January 2014, 12:10   #1651
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Happy new year guys!!!

I think this time, the police checking was going on till 4 or 5am in the morning. One of my friend (completely sane) was returning to Kondapur from Malaysian township at 430am and was stopped twice. Once at the malaysian township circle itself and next at the Kothaguda circle. I must say a good job done by the local police.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:38   #1652
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Where can I find a good old fashioned paper map of Hyderabad (revised recently)? Should I drop by one of the tours and travels places or a bookstore?
You could buy one near Rathifile bus stop. I remember buying from there 8 years ago. I do not remember where exactly I bought it from.
Farukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 04:03   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Hydeez,

Any updates on the implementation of the High Security Number Plates for New vehicles?

My Swift shall be going for registration soon but want to know what is the current status of these. I haven't seen any HSNP on vehicles till now from December'13 - either no one is buying new vehicles or RTO isn't ready yet.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 11:35   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi Hydeez,

Any updates on the implementation of the High Security Number Plates for New vehicles?

My Swift shall be going for registration soon but want to know what is the current status of these. I haven't seen any HSNP on vehicles till now from December'13 - either no one is buying new vehicles or RTO isn't ready yet.

Anurag.
I'd suggest you go for ordinary ones now, to avoid costs later, which is anyway inevitable. I don't think they'll implement it now, as we don't know whether to sport TG number plates instead of AP ones.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 16:21   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi Hydeez,

Anurag.
I remember reading somewhere that HSNPs are mandatory for all new vehicles going for registration. Not sure though. You may want to confirm with your agent.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 16:30   #1656
Team-BHP Support

HSNP ain't mandatory in AP state as far as I know. Else, we would have known about it long back and HTP is particularly active in advertising the same before its actually implemented

Hence, anyone registering their new vehicles please do it with ordinary number plates at a total cost of Rs.400 bucks instead of spending a few thousand on the HSNP which is waste of money.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 22:32   #1657
BHPian

Hi Hydeez,

Please check the below link for more information about implementation of HSNP.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/27759959.cms.

Though transport officials launched the high-security number plate (HSNP) drive around 10 days ago, new vehicle owners continue to drive around without HSNP despite possessing valid registration certificate. Also, the vehicle registration process has become complicated, with vehicle owners having to make rounds of Regional Transport Authority (RTA) offices.

Transport commissioner Anantha Ramu had a few days ago announced introduction of HSNP, but in reality the new HSNP generation process has not taken off at most RTA centres in the city. Except Khairatabad centre, at most RTA centres, fixing of HSNP has not begun yet.

As a result, motorists are fuming. In the new scheme of things, a motorist on his/her first visit would go to RTA office to get the registration number generated. The next day, the vehicle owner has to visit the office to collect authorisation letter (Proceedings). Later, the motorist has to revisit the office to pay fee for purchasing the much-hyped HSNP from 'special counters' set up at RTA office. Then, the motorist would be given a slot to collect the plate and get it affixed.

It was found that except Khairatabad, Secunderabad and Kukatpally, at other centres like Uppal, Medchal, Malakpet, Kondapur, Attapur and other RTA centres, special counters for collecting fee have been set up in the last couple of days.

Many vehicle owners were not aware that fee collected for HSNP was in addition to vehicle registration fee collected by RTA officials. With this, for getting registration number for a car one has to pay Rs 1,249, where as for two-wheeler it would be Rs 667.

It is learnt that the contracting firm, authorised to sell HSNP across the state, is supposed to attract penalty clause if the motorist is not given plate in four working days. However, officials said it might take several more days before the system gets stabilized and so they are restraining from invoking the penalty clause.

Deputy transport commissioner (Rangareddy) Ramesh said that setting up of special centres has just begun at all RTA offices and it might take at least 10 more days for fitting plates.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 23:21   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Hi Hydeez,
Many vehicle owners were not aware that fee collected for HSNP was in addition to vehicle registration fee collected by RTA officials. With this, for getting registration number for a car one has to pay Rs 1,249, where as for two-wheeler it would be Rs 667.
Thanks for the link.

My car has gone for registration today and I gave been charged Rs 510.

Clueless whether it is only for the number or I'll have to pay extra for the HSNP. I hope to get the HSNP. Shall update once I get some clarity.

Anurag.
Old 8th January 2014, 03:54   #1659
BHPian

Anurag,

Did you check with the RTA officials about HSNP implementation? Any sign boards or information displayed about HSNP at Medchal RTA?

Was it a vehicle registration fee that you paid at the RTA?
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 04:12   #1660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Anurag,

Did you check with the RTA officials about HSNP implementation? Any sign boards or information displayed about HSNP at Medchal RTA?

Was it a vehicle registration fee that you paid at the RTA?
Actually it was my dad who went to the RTO for registration (Car is on his name). I was sleeping at home (night shifts 12 hrs work) . He was clueless about the HSNP and so was the guy who was representing Maruti.

The amount paid was for registration and I haven't seen any mentioning of HSNP on the paper.

I guess we'll have to wait for a while till things clear out rather than speculating and throwing assumptions.

Anurag.
Old 8th January 2014, 10:21   #1661
Senior - BHPian

I think it is ridiculous to implement this now in Hyderabad till AP vs TG issue is decided. Why should vehicle owners cough up money once more if 'AP' has to be replaced by 'TG' on the number plates?

Isn't this one more channel of robbing the public?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 11:03   #1662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think it is ridiculous to implement this now in Hyderabad till AP vs TG issue is decided.
+1 Venu.

Guys, its too premature to discuss about HSNP plates as there is no mandate to implement them. So please continue with normal plates and implement them when it comes mandatory ( Iam normally the last to implement such rules as you never know when they go slack on them or change mid-way)

Besides, we are disgressing from main topic of this thread and going offtopic.

Chill on HSNP !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 15:59   #1663
PVS
BHPian

At the risk of further digressing from the main topic, here is how I feel, the new numbering system will be, once TG is formed (Name Of District/RTO - Existing Code - New Code):
1. ADILABAD - MANCHERIAL/NIRMAL AP01 -- TG01
2. HYDERABAD –
a. CENTRAL (KHAIRATABAD) -- AP09 -- TG02;
b. NORTH(SECUNDERABAD) -- AP10 -- TG03;
c. EAST(MALAKPET/JILLELAGUDA) -- AP-11 -- TG04;
d. SOUTH(KISHANBAGH) -- AP12 -- TG05;
e. WEST(MEHDIPATNAM) --AP13 -- TG06
3. KARIMNAGAR - JAGTIAL/PEDDAPALLI-- AP15 -- TG07
4. KHAMMAM - KOTHAGUDEM/MANUGURU/SATTUPALLE/YELLANDU – AP20 -- TG08
5. MAHBUBNAGAR - PEBBAIR/ GADWAL –AP22 -- TG09
6. MEDAK- SANGAREDDY/SIDDIPET/PATANCHERU)—(AP23 -- TG10)
7. NIZAMABAD – KAMAREDDY (AP25 -- TG11)
8. RANGA REDDY – ATTAPUR/KUKATPALLY/MEDCHAL(AP28 -- TG12)
9. RANGA REDDY – UPPAL KALAM/IBRAHIMPATNAM (AP29 -- TG13)
10. WARANGAL – JANGAON/MAHBUBABAD (AP37 -- TG14)
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 17:46   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
CENTRAL (KHAIRATABAD) -- AP09 -- TG02;
Khairatabad will become TG-09 or so I feel, due to fascination for the numeral 9.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 21:11   #1665
Senior - BHPian

It's a relief to note that after many years, the bottleneck at Green Mosque area in Banjara Hills has been removed and the road widened around a month ago.

But it's a pity that the surface has not been laid so far. Wake up, MCH!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote