Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 8th January 2014, 21:30   #1666
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Khairatabad will become TG-09 or so I feel, due to fascination for the numeral 9.
When the division happens and the registrations need to be changed, What would be the situation for people who stay in hyd now but are based out in Rayalseema and Andhra? Will there be any option for the vehicle owners to keep the AP registration?

Thanks
zaveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:24   #1667
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
At the risk of further digressing from the main topic, here is how I feel, the new numbering system will be, once TG is formed (Name Of District/RTO - Existing Code - New Code):
)
Different states follow their own patterns. AP follows alphabetical order of RTA offices to the number. few states like KA gave 1-n to their capitals, and followed map in one or other direction to number other RTAs. It is upto the administration to decide the numbering pattern they follow.
Also, the next alphabets are different in different states.
Many states also follow a convention of G for all govt vehicles.
I feel AP is least complicated in that patterns.

I would wait and watch than predict
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:44   #1668
BHPian

How I enjoyed driving on the streets of Hyderabad since Saturday. With the roads near empty, it was a hassle-free drive for the last couple of days. With two back to back festivals, many people would have flocked to their native places making this possible.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 12:21   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
When the division happens and the registrations need to be changed, What would be the situation for people who stay in hyd now but are based out in Rayalseema and Andhra? Will there be any option for the vehicle owners to keep the AP registration?

Thanks
Read in a leading news paper that vehicles registered before the state division will continue to use the exiting registration numbers i.e AP till the life tax validity ( i think its 20 or 25 years) and can travel in any of the two states (AP and TG) without any issues. New vehicles will be registered according to the state they belong to and rules that each state will follow. May be the Telangana will get TG and Andhrapradesh will continue to use AP.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:05   #1670
Senior - BHPian

After a gap of nearly 2 months, I took the Film Nagar and Whisper Valley route to Gachibowli today.

I was not aware that at Whisper Valley Junction, vehicles from Tolichowki cannot take a right turn onto Narne Road. Instead, they need to drive further for 700 meters towards Gachibowli, and take a U turn opposite the petrol bunk. There is a small board that says 'U Turn ahead' that marks the spot for the turn. But it should have said 'U Turn here' instead of 'ahead' which is misleading. But overall, traffic has eased at Whisper Valley Jn to some extent.

One more development that I heard from a colleague is that there is no right turn at JNTU Jn for vehicles approaching from Miyapur side, intending to go towards Hitec City. They need to drive further and take a U turn on the main highway. I believe this has eased the gridlock at JNTU.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:13   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Default Parking at Lifestyle Building

Hi,
Does anybody know if there is paid parking at the Lifestyle building.Also where exactly is the PSK situated in the lifestyle building?Have an appointment there on Wednesday.

TIA
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:21   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hi,
Does anybody know if there is paid parking at the Lifestyle building.

Also where exactly is the PSK situated in the lifestyle building?Have an appointment there on Wednesday.
Lifestyle building aka My Home Tycoon building has paid parking, valet parking, etc. Else adjoining building aka White House also has paid parking right up to Ohri's De Thali.

I am not aware that PSK shifted to this building. Earlier it was in the lane leading to Chiran Fort Club and US Consulate. If it has not shifted, then parking will be an issue as that lane is strictly no parking area. However, the 2nd building on right in that lane after Airtel office had public paid parking at 50/- but very limited space. Else, parking is at old airport.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 13th January 2014 at 15:29.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:23   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Parking at Lifestyle Building

Quote:
Hi,
Does anybody know if there is paid parking at the Lifestyle building.Also where exactly is the PSK situated in the lifestyle building?Have an appointment there on Wednesday.

TIA
Yes, there is plenty of paid parking there, in the cellar. Even Lifestyle has some slots where parking is free, but they are usually full.

As regards PSK, i am not aware there is one in that complex. I do know there is one at Aditya Trade Center, Ameerpet, and one at Begumpet Post Office, beside the Begumpet Railway Station (approach from Varun Motors side).
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:30   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Parking at Lifestyle Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, there is plenty of paid parking there, in the cellar. Even Lifestyle has some slots where parking is free, but they are usually full.

As regards PSK, i am not aware there is one in that complex. I do know there is one at Aditya Trade Center, Ameerpet, and one at Begumpet Post Office, beside the Begumpet Railway Station (approach from Varun Motors side).
Thanks Venu,looks like the Begumpet one has shifted.I just checked now.its now here http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...y=PSK+Begumpet
Old 13th January 2014, 15:36   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Then that's the one on Chiraan Fort lane, that Hyd_traveller was mentioning about. It is on the lane to the US Consulate.
Old 13th January 2014, 15:55   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lifestyle building aka My Home Tycoon building has paid parking, valet parking, etc. Else adjoining building aka White House also has paid parking right up to Ohri's De Thali.

I am not aware that PSK shifted to this building. Earlier it was in the lane leading to Chiran Fort Club and US Consulate. If it has not shifted, then parking will be an issue as that lane is strictly no parking area. However, the 2nd building on right in that lane after Airtel office had public paid parking at 50/- but very limited space. Else, parking is at old airport.
Parking at old airport parking space?safe enough?
Old 13th January 2014, 16:29   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Must be. I never tried it

Went by car with wife, parked with 50/- parking nearby. Wife finished early, she took the car back, I returned by auto.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:01   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
One more development that I heard from a colleague is that there is no right turn at JNTU Jn for vehicles approaching from Miyapur side, intending to go towards Hitec City. They need to drive further and take a U turn on the main highway. I believe this has eased the gridlock at JNTU.
Not sure about easing of traffic. Real test for that is after Sankranti off days.
It is closed for metro work. I was travelling there around new year, but apparently the right turn got removed in the first week.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:19   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of old airport, which is a wee bit far, I'd suggest you park on the Patigadda road, opposite side entrance to Mody Ford,near Rasoolpura Jn. Parking is allowed there on the left side of the road, and around 12 cars can be parked there. I usually park there if I have to go to Citibank or to the Chiraan Fort lane.

I also heard that there is parking available after the US Consulate, close to Chiraan Fort Club from a colleague who went for visa interview recently, but I've not ventured into that lane for a few years.
Old 15th January 2014, 18:20   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Default Begumpet PSK & American Consulate Parking

Quote:

Quote:
Then that's the one on Chiraan Fort lane, that Hyd_traveller was mentioning about. It is on the lane to the US Consulate.
Was at the Begumpet PSK for my daughter' passport appln.And what do I see,the whole street right upto Chiraan Fort is littered with paid parking!All the function halls' grounds have been converted into paid parking with 50rs,the PSK building also has paid parking at INR 40,and bang opposite the second function hall (after the American consulate) is a 5 storey covered parking.Its interesting that nothing has been said or written about this humongous multilevel parking.The project seems to be abandoned as the walls have not been plastered,no finishing etc,but the floors are very much in usable conditions and I found the parking to be relatively full.

So people headed to the consulate or the PSK,fret not-there is plenty of parking available.There is even a hotel/restaurant kind of place opposite the consulate entry which lets you use their A/C lounge at INR 30 per hour with unlimited tea & coffe.There are also sections for food,lunch,day rooms etc-Very enterprising concept indeed (I am sure the place is directed at attracting the hordes of US Visa applicants who have to stand on the road!)
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote