Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th November 2014, 11:40   #1801
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Another big traffic problem in Hyderabad (not sure if this is seen in the other cities) is the midnight ice-cream frenzy seen on most roads in Himayatnagar, Jubilee Hills areas. The ice cream parlors serve right to your car and people just stop in the middle of the road to eat ice cream. Imagine a traffic jam at 12 midnight.

I enjoy ice cream. But the traffic cops should close down such shops or at least move them off the main roads.
venuvedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 16:20   #1802
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

BHPians, please suggest 1) Shortest route from Miyapur X roads to ICICI Bank, Financial district, Gachibowli. 2) Most comfortable route from Miyapur X roads to ICICI Bank, Financial District.- Even though if it involves more distance. It should be with least speed breakers, least number of signals :-)
Thanks in advance.
manduvindupondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 22:16   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
BHPians, please suggest 1) Shortest route from Miyapur X roads to ICICI Bank, Financial district, Gachibowli. 2) Most comfortable route from Miyapur X roads to ICICI Bank, Financial District.- Even though if it involves more distance. It should be with least speed breakers, least number of signals :-)
Thanks in advance.
Miyapur X roads - Take left at Alwyn X roads - Hafeezpet - Kondapur -Kothaguda - Gachibowli. This is the best and shortest route to reach Financial district, Gachibowli. Isn't ICICI Bank near Infosys campus on the ISB road?
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 19:37   #1804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
4 routes I can think of:

1. already mentioned by JoseVijay - best route.
2. Miyapur X roads - BHEL - Seringampalli - HCU - IIIT -ISB Road. -> Longer and equally congested, with a railway level cross and a flyover construction to make it worse.
3. Miyapur X roads - KPHB - Cyber towers flyover - Hitec City - Gachibowli - IIIT - ISB Road -> choose only if you are actually starting nearer to Kukatpally. Otherwise option 1 is the best.
4. There is a very comfortable traffic-free and speed breaker free option which involves really LONG distance: Miyapur X Roads - Patancheru - ORR - Financial District exit - ICICI. Distance would be more than double I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Miyapur X roads - Take left at Alwyn X roads - Hafeezpet - Kondapur -Kothaguda - Gachibowli. This is the best and shortest route to reach Financial district, Gachibowli. Isn't ICICI Bank near Infosys campus on the ISB road?
Yes, it is on the same road, further down after Wipro circle.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 17:51   #1805
BHPian

Thanks josevijay and zenren.
I currently use the one suggested by josevijay.
I also use the Miyapur X roads left towards Kukatpally - right towards Calvary temple-reach road parallel to railway track (Prajay, Indu projects are on this road) - use under bridge to cross railway track - land before BP bunk-continue on Cyber towers flyover-Bio diversity park - left at IDBI bank - Wipro circle- ICICI Bank

It is also a relatively speed breaker/signals free route.
I need help on a route from Chandanagar to Old Bombay road. It seems it connects near Gulmohar park. I tried but couldnt figure it.

I love the no 4 suggestion by zenren

Also, in the route no 1 by Josevijay, while going from Kothaguda to Gachibowli, if we take a right towards DLF city, we save 1 km Pretty useful as we land up just before the signal. We take a right at that IDBI signal and land up on ISB road.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Last edited by manduvindupondu : 14th November 2014 at 17:51. Reason: spell
Old 14th November 2014, 22:17   #1806
BHPian

Now the blame game begins between L&T and HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited) for the traffic jams caused in the city.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45141177.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: With the ongoing Metro rail works widely being blamed for the heavy traffic congestion the city witnessed during Wednesday's sudden downpour, Larsen & Toubro, which is constructing the project, pointed fingers at the municipal authorities for their failure to implement the agreed upon Road Development Plan (RDP) simultaneously along the alignment of the project.

While this is expected to be a sticking point in the meeting between chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and Larsen &Toubro chairman A M Naik to be scheduled shortly, L&T officials blamed the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) for not constructing grade separators and flyovers simultaneously along with the construction of the Metro viaduct as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) the HMRL had signed with the Union ministry of road transport and highways (MoRTH).

As Corridor-I (a 29 km stretch between Miyapur and L B Nagar) is being constructed along the national highway (NH-9), HMRL had approached the MoRTH seeking approval of utilization of part median of the highway. And as per the MoU signed on October 11, 2011, the HMRL had to construct eight grade separators and flyovers at major junctions including Khairatabad junction, Godrej Y Junction, and Mozzam Jahi Market, with a time frame of four years.

While there is no sign of the commencement of these works, the delay would adversely impact the progress of the Metro project, L&T officials rued. "The fear is that the MoRTH can cancel the MoU as HMRL has not taken up grade separator and flyover works. The cancellation would mean the Metro project would be implemented without the supplementary support of road infrastructure. In this event the very purpose of the project would be defeated," said an L&T official.

M P Naidu, project manager of L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited, said RMP and TMP should have been implemented along with the commencement of the Metro works in September 2012. "If they had put in place the RMP and TMP, the progress of the Metro works would have been smoother. The traffic congestion which we are witnessing would not have been there," he said.

The issues of RMP and TMP are on the agenda of the meeting between the chief minister and Naik. "We have sought an appointment with the CM and are waiting for the dates to be confirmed," he added.

When contacted, HMRL authorities shifted the blame on to the state roads and buildings (R&B) department. An HMRL spokesperson said the R&B department was yet to frame the guidelines to call the tenders to construct the grade separators and flyovers. Many reminders had fallen on deaf ears, he said.

The R&B officials, however, said they had initiated the process and the delay was due to the shortage of employees in the department that had resulted from the bifurcation of united AP. "We could not speed up the process because of the delay in allocating employees after the division. However, we have started the process and appointed a consultancy to prepare the detail project report (DPR) for the construction of the grade separators and flyovers," said transport minister P Mahender Reddy.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 00:31   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need help on a route from Chandanagar to Old Bombay road. It seems it connects near Gulmohar park. I tried but couldnt figure it.
That is route #2 I mentioned. Here is a snapshot of the route in google maps

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-map.png
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 22:21   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
That is route #2 I mentioned. Here is a snapshot of the route in google maps

Attachment 1308672
This route is not entirely correct. What you need to do is while coming from Allwyn, take a left from the first major traffic signal in Chandanagar (nr Anu furniture). Keep following the main road and u will reach the railway underpass near Lingampally Railway station from the opposite side to what is mentioned in the map.

Cross the underpass, take right, pass Sancta Maria School on your right and then Hyderabad Central University. The only traffic you will encounter on this road is between the railway underpass and Ratnadeep/Dominos further down the road. Other than that it should be smooth. I take this road whenever I go from my house in Allwyn Jn to Gachibowli Indira Nagar side.
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 17:08   #1809
BHPian

Thanks a lot autotranny! I will explore it.
At a high level, the connectivity bottleneck between the Bombay road (Khairatabad to BHEL) and Old Bombay road (Mehdipatnam to BHEL via Gachibowli, HCU/Serilingampally) is the railway track (Begumpet to Wadi line).

All permutations and combinations of route connectivity is determined by the ability to cross the railway track with least traffic congestion.
The list of railway crossings that I know are below. Please add more.

1) Bharat nagar flyover
2) Underbridge near Borabanda MMTS (good for 2 wheeler)
3) KPHB flyover - inaugurated in May 2013 (above Hitech MMTS station)
4) KPHB underbridge (the age old one before flyover at #3 was opened)
5) Hafeezpet flyover
6) Lingampally underbridge (near HPCL petrol bunk and SBH)

Please add if any more
Old 18th November 2014, 14:58   #1810
BHPian

Thanks autotranny! I tried the route you mentioned and it was a breeze. Lovely. Thanks a lot.

It was just 2.5 kms longer than the route I take via Hafeezpet-Kondapur route. But the ride was pretty smooth akin to a CM convoy (almost) :-)

Btw, is there a shorter route to connect to Lingampally underbridge before turning left at Anu furniture? It would reduce the distance for me.

The route that autotranny suggested is a boon and a breeze to Allwyn X roads guys. Pretty useful for Miyapur X roads people.
Old 18th November 2014, 22:25   #1811
BHPian

Quote:

Btw, is there a shorter route to connect to Lingampally underbridge before turning left at Anu furniture? It would reduce the distance for me.
Please try the following route (Even I am in doubt and I stand to be corrected)

Take the under pass at Hafizpet flyover, turn right. The straight road takes you to Lingampalli railway station.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 12:03   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Please try the following route (Even I am in doubt and I stand to be corrected)

Take the under pass at Hafizpet flyover, turn right. The straight road takes you to Lingampalli railway station.
I live in Miyapur and know this area very well. Your suggestion will not help much. The straight road you are talking about is presently under construction. Also, the route will be a big circle if you are coming from Allwyn X roads.

The route from Anu furniture is the best. There is another route that I take, but involves lots of small roads (small enough that if another car comes in the opposite direction, you need to get off the road). To take this route, take a left much before Anu furnitures, at Church Road. This left is right after the temple that comes bang in the middle of the highway (NH9). The other landmarks are temple on the opposite side of the road, Jai Bhavani wines immediately after taking left. Also attached is the route from google maps.

After this left, just keep following the road. At the end of the road, take a right, and keep following the road. It'll lead you to the railway underpass. Please remember that because of the narrow road this route sometimes gets congested during peak hours.

OT: I, my wife and my father take this route 2-3 times a day. If you spot a red Nano or a chill metallic Figo or a grey Polo with Tbhp stickers, you know who it is
Attached Images

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 15:23   #1813
BHPian

Any idea when the Lingampally Railway Over Bridge is supposed to complete? This stretch has become a nightmare these days and construction seems to be happening at a snail's pace. Will probably beat Bangalore Airport Road flyover in terms of construction duration.
venuvedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:30   #1814
BHPian

Is the Begumpet - Balanagar link road complete? Would you guys recommend this road over the existing Tarbund->Bowenpally->Balanagar route?
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:33   #1815
BHPian

A lot of diversions and traffic snarls are thanks to the bad road conditions. I recently found out GHMC grievance system which addresses maintenance related activities and not new projects and some of the concerns discussed in this thread can be addressed by it.

I had given a complaint on potholes near Nizampet X Roads which was addressed within a few days. Here are the pointers to it:
Web Portal - "http://210.212.212.123/ghmc/csp/publicindex"
Call Center - 040 2111 1111
Mobile App - 'Citizen Next' on WindowsPhoneStore (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...1-9e6090ed5a3c) and GooglePlayStore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...idapps.cityzen)

The app provides a means of pin-pointing the location along with the feasibility of posting picture of the pothole etc. Hope this helps in keeping GHMC busy with road repairs and reducing the traffic snarls.

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote