Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2014, 14:28   #1816
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 373
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is the Begumpet - Balanagar link road complete? Would you guys recommend this road over the existing Tarbund->Bowenpally->Balanagar route?
Yes, this is complete. I used this route on Friday to go from Miyapur to Paradise. It took me around 30 mins at 10:30am to clear the Fathenagar - Balkampet stretch because that flyover (the old one) is just two lane. The traffic buildup because of this was about 1.5km long. The new flyover is great though, quite wide and empty.

I took the Tadbund ->Bowenpally route on the way back at about 11am and that was much quicker. It could also be because of the timing though.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 14:30   #1817
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is the Begumpet - Balanagar link road complete? Would you guys recommend this road over the existing Tarbund->Bowenpally->Balanagar route?
Yes, this is complete. The traffic jam that is frequent on the Fathenagar bridge is the only hindrance for taking this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Yes, this is complete. I used this route on Friday to go from Miyapur to Paradise. It took me around 30 mins at 10:30am to clear the Fathenagar - Balkampet stretch because that flyover (the old one) is just two lane. The traffic buildup because of this was about 1.5km long. The new flyover is great though, quite wide and empty.

I took the Tadbund ->Bowenpally route on the way back at about 11am and that was much quicker. It could also be because of the timing though.
+1 to the above. Bagumpet - Tadbund - Bowenpally - Balanagar is very long compared to the Begumpet - Balanagar link road.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 16:25   #1818
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 66
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Thanks Shifu, the route you mentioned (taking left at Jai Bhavani wines -before Anu furniture ) is good. It is just 2 kms longer than the shortest route (Miyapur X roads, Allwyn, ISB road).

I am willing to pay for the 2 extra kms It is just 3 and 10 rs extra for bike and car respectively!

It really was a breeze, only 2 major signals. I am sure and hopeful of finding a work around for those 2 signals also.
manduvindupondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 23:15   #1819
BHPian
 
autotranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyd, Thrissur
Posts: 278
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Yes, this is complete. I used this route on Friday to go from Miyapur to Paradise. It took me around 30 mins at 10:30am to clear the Fathenagar - Balkampet stretch because that flyover (the old one) is just two lane.
Can you explain this route please. Where do I take a detour after Y junction ?
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 12:59   #1820
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 373
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Can you explain this route please. Where do I take a detour after Y junction ?
Hi autotranny,
Sorry, I didn't get which Y junction you are talking about. Is this the one after Kukatpally where there is a Y junction?

Anyway, I have explained the route to take the new flyover below.

* If you are coming from KP, at the Y junction don't go towards Mosapet/Bharat Nagar. Instead take the left at the Y and go towards IDPL factory/Balanagar. This is because if you go towards Mosapet/Bharat Nagar and take a left at Sanathnagar, the right at the Sanathnagar flyover T junction is blocked. Marked red in the image.

* After you cross IDPL factory/Balanagar, take a right at Fatehnagar. This road leads to the Fatehnagar flyover. After you get down the flyover, stay to your left. You will see a big board for this new flyover 100mts before the turn, and then another big board exactly at the turn. It is big enough that you can't miss it. I have also marked it in green in the image.

* This flyover takes you right to the Varun Motors/Sonata Software building in Begumpet.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-balanagartobpet.jpg  

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 16:17   #1821
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Can you explain this route please. Where do I take a detour after Y junction ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Hi autotranny,
Sorry, I didn't get which Y junction you are talking about. Is this the one after Kukatpally where there is a Y junction?
+1 to shifu. After you take left at the Y junction, the first traffic signal comes at the Narsapur X roads. Go straight and take right at the next traffic signal, which is the Balanagar X roads. I had used the new route to Begumpet a few times and I see that traffic is sparse most of the times on this stretch.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 16:54   #1822
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,203
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
+1 to shifu. After you take left at the Y junction, the first traffic signal comes at the Narsapur X roads. Go straight and take right at the next traffic signal, which is the Balanagar X roads. I had used the new route to Begumpet a few times and I see that traffic is sparse most of the times on this stretch.
Can we access this new flyover in the reverse direction? If yes, do we take the left at Varun Towers towards Begumpet Railway Station and then take a U turn under the Begumpet flyover?
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 17:04   #1823
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can we access this new flyover in the reverse direction? If yes, do we take the left at Varun Towers towards Begumpet Railway Station and then take a U turn under the Begumpet flyover?
Yes. If you are coming from Secunderabad side, you can take the left at Varun Towers and take a U turn under the flyover. Now due to the construction of Metro pillars, I guess, that road has been closed. Then, you need to take the Begumpet flyover and take a U turn in front of Life Style building. If you are coming from Panjagutta side, cross the Begumpet flyover and take a left on to the new bridge. You don't need to go back below the flyover again to access the bridge. This bridge has Two entry and exit points.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 17:06   #1824
BHPian
 
venuvedam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 125
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can we access this new flyover in the reverse direction? If yes, do we take the left at Varun Towers towards Begumpet Railway Station and then take a U turn under the Begumpet flyover?
LEft at Varun Towers is closed now for Metro works. You need to come from Greenlands side and just after getting down from the flyover before HPS, take a left U turn and pass through the amma vaari gudi and then get on to the new flyover.
venuvedam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 17:35   #1825
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
LEft at Varun Towers is closed now for Metro works. You need to come from Greenlands side and just after getting down from the flyover before HPS, take a left U turn and pass through the amma vaari gudi and then get on to the new flyover.
Do we need to take the road that is infront of the temple? I thought there is a road from behind the temple as well. My vague imagination says that there is also an entrance to the bridge from behind the temple. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 17:42   #1826
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 663
Thanked: 325 Times
Default

You don't need to take a left u turn and go in front of the temple to access the Balkampet Link Road. Just take a left after the end of flyover and you will be on the link road.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 18:53   #1827
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
LEft at Varun Towers is closed now for Metro works. You need to come from Greenlands side and just after getting down from the flyover before HPS, take a left U turn and pass through the amma vaari gudi and then get on to the new flyover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
You don't need to take a left u turn and go in front of the temple to access the Balkampet Link Road. Just take a left after the end of flyover and you will be on the link road.
Thanks for the clarification hyd_traveller. I was about to advice vnabhi about the same and when I saw the post by venuvedam I got confused. You can enter the bridge and take right to go towards Balanagar.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 18:55   #1828
BHPian
 
venuvedam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 125
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Isn't that fork a one way from the other side?
venuvedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 18:57   #1829
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,203
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
You can enter the bridge and take right to go towards Balanagar.
For the sake of completeness of information and to kill curiosity, can you let us know where one would go if you take a left after entering the bridge?
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 19:04   #1830
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 428 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
For the sake of completeness of information and to kill curiosity, can you let us know where one would go if you take a left after entering the bridge?
As I said in my earlier post, there are two entry and exit points. One, at the end of the Begumpet flyover and another one on the road which goes towards Begumpet Railway station (Beside the temples). People coming from Begumpet railway station side need not come till the end of the flyover to take the road. They have an entry and exit from their side. If you take a left on the bridge, it will lead you to Begumpet railway station. In short, the bridge is like a 'T' junction.Hope this clarifies your confusion sir.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Diversions in Andheri areas. IQBAL VEERJI Street Experiences 5 20th April 2011 08:32
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries atkraju Route / Travel Queries 4 13th November 2008 21:39
Alternate routes to Nelamangala? haripg Route / Travel Queries 6 12th February 2008 14:02
Alternate routes for you to reach faster in Bombay! Gordon Shifting gears 13 31st December 2004 13:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks