Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 22nd May 2015, 19:12   #1906
BHPian

Starting today, tank bund (road) is closed to traffic.
Attached Images

hyd_traveller is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 20:10   #1907
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Starting today, tank bund (road) is closed to traffic.
So that was the reason for the crawling traffic from liberty to Khairatabad via NTR marg [ my daily office route]

Now in light of this, I think I have to entirely bypass the tankbund !

Thanks for the info !
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 13:09   #1908
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

I travel from Hafeezpet towards Kothaguda everyday around 11:00am, and that stretch is a quick 5-7 mins ride. Today morning there was bumper to bumper traffic from Hafeezpet flyover till Kothaguda RTO, and that stretch took me around 12-15 mins.

The reason for this is that there were zillions of school buses at the RTO. Some of them were parked on the road, some of them were taking a U turn in the narrow road. I don't know why they are there and if these buses will be there tomorrow as well. But I plan not to take this route for the rest of the week.

A google search gave me this link - http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7217999.ece

Quote:
Now, all the schools that are operating buses, for which they require fitness certificates, will have to visit the RTA’s website and fill in details of the drivers and the institutions.
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 13:22   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I travel from Hafeezpet towards Kothaguda everyday around 11:00am, and that stretch is a quick 5-7 mins ride. Today morning there was bumper to bumper traffic from Hafeezpet flyover till Kothaguda RTO, and that stretch took me around 12-15 mins.

The reason for this is that there were zillions of school buses at the RTO. Some of them were parked on the road, some of them were taking a U turn in the narrow road. I don't know why they are there and if these buses will be there tomorrow as well. But I plan not to take this route for the rest of the week.

A google search gave me this link - http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7217999.ece
Even the stretch from Ramky towers to Kothaguda was jammed in both directions at 10 am today. This apart, the steep slope from KCP Jn to Taj Krishna was also jammed, and some nitwits were rolling back when they released their handbrakes. Overall it took me 1 hour 20 minutes to drop my daughter in Whitefield from Somajiguda and return to work near Inorbit Mall. Normally it should have taken me 50 minutes.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 17:37   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, while going to RGIA via ORR from Gachibowli, I discovered a nasty bump on the entry ramp to the airport road from the Bangalore Highway. At the end of the sharp, upwards curve, the road is not levelled properly and there is a sharp elevation that will punish your car if you're taking the curve at a high speed. It did catch me by surprise, but except that, the rest of the road is still very good.

I now have a question: I need to attend a party at Madinaguda and return to Somajiguda around 830 pm. Should I take the shortest route via JNTU > Moosapet > SR Nagar > Ameerpet, or do you suggest I go via Gachibowli > Filmnagar?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 19:50   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yesterday, while going to RGIA via ORR from Gachibowli, I discovered a nasty bump on the entry ramp to the airport road from the Bangalore Highway. At the end of the sharp, upwards curve, the road is not levelled properly and there is a sharp elevation that will punish your car if you're taking the curve at a high speed. It did catch me by surprise, but except that, the rest of the road is still very good.

I now have a question: I need to attend a party at Madinaguda and return to Somajiguda around 830 pm. Should I take the shortest route via JNTU > Moosapet > SR Nagar > Ameerpet, or do you suggest I go via Gachibowli > Filmnagar?
That bump is because the joint of the bridge and the approach ramp are not aligned. You need to be in left lane as that side is more levelled. It is there on the other side also when exiting airport for Shamshabad. But here, you need to be in right lane.

Madinaguda - JNTU - Moosapet - Erragada Flyover - Turn Left into Sanatnagar - Keep on Left of Fatehnagar Flyover to Take Right towards Balkampet below Flyover - Take 1st Left after Rejoining Road after Flyover Ends - Newly constructed Link Road to Begumpet Ending at HPS - Join HiTec-Secunderabad Road towards Uppal - U-Turn at Vivanta - Lifestyle - Somajiguda. Kukatpally Y-Junction to Somajiguda will take around 25 minutes. Work out how much time is needed for Miyapur - Kukatpally Y-Junction (my estimate is 25 minutes)?
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 20:14   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Quote:
Now, all the schools that are operating buses, for which they require fitness certificates, will have to visit the RTA’s website and fill in details of the drivers and the institutions.
Where is this "website" of RTA that cannot be accessed over internet and needs physical presence along with buses?

Last edited by zenren : 27th May 2015 at 20:15.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 06:50   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I attend weekend classes in Begumpet, and drive from Madinaguda to Begumpet every Saturday around noon. After all permutations and combinations, below is THE route that has the least overlap with Metro works (and hence the smoothest).

It takes me 1hr on an avg.

Madinaguda
> Head towards Hafeezpet flyover
> Towards Kothaguda
> Take left at Aparna Towers to merge Hi-Tech city road at Hitex. Continue towards Cyber towers
> Take left before Cyber towers to take Ayyappa society road
> At the end of Ayyappa society road take a right towards Madhapur (Don't go straight to JH)
> At Merc showroom, drool . Then take left towards Kavuri hills.
> Then take a left (unmarked, but it is probably the 3rd left). This is a narrow stretch, but leads to a brand new wide road. This leads to BR Ambedkar Open University. This road merges with Rd 45.
> Take a left at the lights, and you'll be at Checkpost. Take a right and this leads to Rd 2. Continue towards NTR bhavan
> At NTR Bhavan, take a left. Keep going straight and this will lead to Punjagutta circle.
Somajiguda

Below is the map:
https://goo.gl/maps/oqedC

Now this is on a Sat afternoon. On a weekday, I would consider taking the MMTS from Chandanagar to Necklace road/Begumpet station if I can.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by shifu : 28th May 2015 at 06:52.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 10:59   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions. I had to drop few colleagues back in office near Inorbit Mall, so I took the road via Hafizpet flyover, Kothaguda, Google, right turn at Cyber Towers and then the famous DC road home, which is my usual route from office. Entire journey of 23 kms took me around 35 minutes, as it was 1030 pm when I started.

Had I taken the straight road from Cyber Towers towards JH Check Post, the distance would have been 19 kms (I used that road on Tuesday).

@shifu---I perfectly understand your route and normally would have used that route during peak hours, as I'd used it a few times earlier. Only difference is that from Rd # 45 Jn, instead of taking a left towards Checkpost, I take a right and go via Cancer Hospital, Rd # 10, then 8 to GVK One, and then merge with the Panjagutta flyover at Nagarjuna Circle. This is longer by a km, but much faster. The JH Check post is a pain to cross from the direction you are suggestinng.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 16:04   #1915
BHPian

What causes massive jams on the MindSpace-Cybertowers road every time it rains? Colleagues of mine reported taking an hour to cover 3-4 KM yesterday!
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 16:52   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What causes massive jams on the MindSpace-Cybertowers road every time it rains? Colleagues of mine reported taking an hour to cover 3-4 KM yesterday!
The front of LemonTree hotels get flooded after a heavy rains and chokes up the traffic coming from Oracle side to the main road. This might be one reason. Irrespective of that, Mindspace roundabout is a nightmare on a normal day, and a rainy day can only make it much worse.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 16:58   #1917
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Google Maps show Jawaharlal Nehru ORR [JNORR] completed upto Ghatkesar in the anti-clockwise direction. However, it is incomplete between Ghatkesar and Shamirpet. Can I drive on JNORR in the anti-clockwise direction from NH 9 [Vijayawada - Hyderabad highway] to NH 7 [Hyderabad - Nagpur highway]? If it is incomplete and risky, I can drive through Hyderabad/Secunderabad as it would be the small hours of the day, when I pass through these twin-cities. Kindly enlighten me of the latest status of JNORR.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 21:58   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Google Maps show Jawaharlal Nehru ORR [JNORR] completed upto Ghatkesar in the anti-clockwise direction. However, it is incomplete between Ghatkesar and Shamirpet. Can I drive on JNORR in the anti-clockwise direction from NH 9 [Vijayawada - Hyderabad highway] to NH 7 [Hyderabad - Nagpur highway]? If it is incomplete and risky, I can drive through Hyderabad/Secunderabad as it would be the small hours of the day, when I pass through these twin-cities. Kindly enlighten me of the latest status of JNORR.
Well, IIRC, the span that connects the Vijayawada Highway[ORR @ Pedda amberpet] to Nagpur Highway [ORR @ Medchal]is complete upto the
Warangal Highway [ORR @ Ghatkesar] and hence one cannot directly drive to the NH7 from NH9.

If it is the smaller hours ,as you say, it is better to enter the city, take IRR @ LB nagar - Uppal-Tarnaka-Secunderabad-Jubilee Bus stand- Bowenpally- Medchal or you may choose to take the ORR on Vijayawada Rd itself, ride up to Ghatkesar, enter the city from that side where you'd be entering Uppal this time, follow the aforesaid route because in the early morning/late nights, the LB nagar junction is crammed with all AP plying travels' buses which might make conditions different.

Last edited by poised2drive : 11th September 2015 at 22:00.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 10:59   #1919
BHPian

Yesterday noticed that the stretch between TDP office and Jubilee Hills Check Post had been patched up for the potholes that had gotten quite a bit in previous few weeks.
Was happy about it as these used to be one of the many such marks to keep in mind to maneuver while driving.
However, while returning in the evening found out that on the other side the situation was still same (I think in/around KTM showroom stretch).
Not sure its left by design or they plan to fix this side in next couple of days!
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 11:46   #1920
BHPian

Looks like the govt is planning to shove down the change on number plate from AP to TS soon onto our faces. As per todays article, only the first 4 digits i.e AP and the district code will change, all other would be the same. This would be provided by logging to the transport dept website using oue Engine/Chassis no etc. They would also collect a 'nominal amount' for changing the RC.

Now imagine some family like me having 2 bikes and 2 cars, all registered with AP number plates. Not sure how nominal it would turn out to be. Humbug...I would say!!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/49399233.cms
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote