Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 09:01   #211
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default

Its Ramzan, so my work day starts early.

4:00 AM: wake up and have Seheri.
4:50 AM: back to bed.
7:00 AM: wake up, have bath.
7:30 AM: Check email.
7:55 AM to 8:15 AM: absolute bliss on empty roads.
8:25 AM: Email from HR, holiday announced.
9:00 AM: Empty office and I am staying here till noon.

Bath-Drive-Java: The story of my life today.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 14:38   #212
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Well, its been a blissful week for me as i have been working from home since Wednesday and these unexpected holidays only added up the fun
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 21:45   #213
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, its been a blissful week for me as i have been working from home since Wednesday and these unexpected holidays only added up the fun
Me too, dude, me too! Only difference is that my wfh started from Thursday.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:25   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,663
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, its been a blissful week for me as i have been working from home since Wednesday and these unexpected holidays only added up the fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Me too, dude, me too! Only difference is that my wfh started from Thursday.
hehe. you guys are atleast working ,I am enjoying full holiday,thursday came back from office by 11:30a.m, Friday morning called up office, confirmed its an holiday..
But tomorrow is a half day for me :(
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:47   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 404 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, its been a blissful week for me as i have been working from home since Wednesday and these unexpected holidays only added up the fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Me too, dude, me too! Only difference is that my wfh started from Thursday.
Now you guys know why I retired (a.k.a. permanent wfh)!

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 02:03   #216
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Students take all the fun Coll has declared a holiday and parents are out of town. So daily night drives and lazing around. nirvana! :P
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 03:03   #217
Ali
BHPian
 
Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 38
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I just wish i had a holiday, BTW monday is a holiday for me. 7th sep labour day in US!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 20:24   #218
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Guys, it looks like the Durgam Road is closed again for repairs----I saw some road blocks this morning, so had to take the route via Madhapur PS and the main road to Cyber Towers.
The whole darn stretch was chock a bloc with traffic, and this extended even to the new road to the left before Navadweepa My Home.
Later in the evening, I peeped out of my window beyond In Orbit Mall and did not find any traffic on the Durgam Cheruvu Road, so I returned via Whisper Valley.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 09:20   #219
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys, it looks like the Durgam Road is closed again for repairs----I saw some road blocks this morning, so had to take the route via Madhapur PS and the main road to Cyber Towers.
The whole darn stretch was chock a bloc with traffic, and this extended even to the new road to the left before Navadweepa My Home.
Later in the evening, I peeped out of my window beyond In Orbit Mall and did not find any traffic on the Durgam Cheruvu Road, so I returned via Whisper Valley.
After a long time i took the road from Madhapur PS to CT and as you said it was chock a bloc and i was smashing my head against the windsheld just like this because it took me almost 30 mins from Madhapur PS to CT.

In the evening around 7pm, came back via. Whisper valley and almost met the same fate. The steep hill was bumper to bumper with me playing a clutch and accelarator game in 1st gear for an eternity.

Damn, i am waiting for the whisper valley road construction to end soon.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 14:39   #220
BHPian
 
watashi75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 518
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Guys going from Jubilee Hills to Panjagutta via Banjara Hills Rd 2 who want to avoid the traffic near Bade Masjid and Chutneys can take Rd No 14. Instead of turning left into Rd No 2, go straight and then turn left into Rd No. 14. This road meets Rd No. 1 just opposite to GVK One mall. Traffic is moderate and road is mostly ok. Just watch out for a couple of speed breakers.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-road.jpg
watashi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 14:54   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Guys going from Jubilee Hills to Panjagutta via Banjara Hills Rd 2 who want to avoid the traffic near Bade Masjid and Chutneys can take Rd No 14. Instead of turning left into Rd No 2, go straight and then turn left into Rd No. 14. This road meets Rd No. 1 just opposite to GVK One mall. Traffic is moderate and road is mostly ok. Just watch out for a couple of speed breakers.
I used to take that route when my office was in Jubilee Hills, but later that road got bad near Kuna's guest house---it was often getting water-logged and there were several repair works. That apart, there are 5 speed-breakers till GVK Mall.
How is the road now?
I prefer the Cancer Hospital road that meets at City Centre Mall via Nazim Jn--err, Rd # 10 Jn.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 14:59   #222
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I used to take that route when my office was in Jubilee Hills, but later that road got bad near Kuna's guest house---it was often getting water-logged and there were several repair works. That apart, there are 5 speed-breakers till GVK Mall.
How is the road now?
I prefer the Cancer Hospital road that meets at City Centre Mall via Nazim Jn--err, Rd # 10 Jn.
When I go to my Hitec City office, i regularly take Rd.14 route as its mostly empty and i have stopped using Rd.2 from over 6-8 months.

If i go to my Gachibowli office, then i take the Rd.10 route via. Cancer hospital, Whisper Valley, Gachibowli route.

It helps me keep my already short temper in control
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 15:06   #223
BHPian
 
watashi75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 518
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How is the road now?
The 5 speed breakers or so are still there. Road was good until the rains. There was slight water logging during the rains but not much. It is still ok though. I prefer this road only during peak traffic time 6-7 pm. Otherwise I stick to Rd No. 2.

Last edited by watashi75 : 10th September 2009 at 15:08.
watashi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 15:11   #224
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 666
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

I guess not being a regular on Road No. 2 and 3 between Jubilee Hills and Punjagutta, I only get to hear about traffic snarls. This road anyway is not suitable on my return to home whenever I visit that side so I rarely use it.

If you take Road No. 36 from Madhapur PS onwards, then it is better to take Road No. 14 and then either 7 or 4 depending on the direction. Road No. 4 is pathetic though 7 is in better condition.

If you get on Road No. 46 from Madhapur PS, then Road No. 10 is better route. The only catch is the turning to Road No. 1 at City center Mall.

One can avoid City Center Mall turning by taking a left on Road No. 10 to Road No. 9 (opposite Ofen) and then a right to Road No. 8 which joins Road No. 7 opposite GVK1.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 21:42   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
If you get on Road No. 46 from Madhapur PS, then Road No. 10 is better route. The only catch is the turning to Road No. 1 at City center Mall.

One can avoid City Center Mall turning by taking a left on Road No. 10 to Road No. 9 (opposite Ofen) and then a right to Road No. 8 which joins Road No. 7 opposite GVK1.
That is exactly the route I take on my return journey---City Center is a pain in the evening.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Diversions in Andheri areas. IQBAL VEERJI Street Experiences 5 20th April 2011 08:32
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries atkraju Route / Travel Queries 4 13th November 2008 21:39
Alternate routes to Nelamangala? haripg Route / Travel Queries 6 12th February 2008 14:02
Alternate routes for you to reach faster in Bombay! Gordon Shifting gears 13 31st December 2004 13:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks