Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 21:52   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I used to take that route when my office was...

How is the road now?

I prefer the Cancer Hospital road that meets at City Centre Mall via Nazim Jn--err, Rd # 10 Jn.

Thank you. Thank you! (takes a bow)

I frequently use the Rd. No 14 on weekends and its manageable!

If I am leaving work after 9:00 PM, I take the Madhapur-Madhapur PS right-Road No. 45 route to reach Road. No. 10! Otherwise, its the Whisper valley route in the mornings and if leaving early!
Of late, the whisper valley route is going from bad to worse with huge craters and 'high-beam' idiots!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 21:55   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post

Thank you. Thank you! (takes a bow)

I frequently use the Rd. No 14 on weekends and its manageable!
Ha ha, it has taken you more than 5 hours to respond----looks like you are really busy with work.

Come to think of it---there is no name for that important junction, so I took the privelege of naming it.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 22:28   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ha ha, it has taken you more than 5 hours to respond----looks like you are really busy with work.
You bet! with open enrollment season about to start, I hardly find time to respond or browse all the threads while at work!

Quote:
Come to think of it---there is no name for that important junction, so I took the privelege of naming it.
It's also called Zeheera Nagar Junction!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 15:45   #229
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,516
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I guess not being a regular on Road No. 2 and 3 between Jubilee Hills and Punjagutta, I only get to hear about traffic snarls. This road anyway is not suitable on my return to home whenever I visit that side so I rarely use it.

If you take Road No. 36 from Madhapur PS onwards, then it is better to take Road No. 14 and then either 7 or 4 depending on the direction. Road No. 4 is pathetic though 7 is in better condition.

If you get on Road No. 46 from Madhapur PS, then Road No. 10 is better route. The only catch is the turning to Road No. 1 at City center Mall.

One can avoid City Center Mall turning by taking a left on Road No. 10 to Road No. 9 (opposite Ofen) and then a right to Road No. 8 which joins Road No. 7 opposite GVK1.
Oh boy! thats a lot of road numbers. Though i have been living in Hyd almost all my life i still dont know the numbers though know the routes. So your above post made put my brain in a tizzy...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
It's also called Zeheera Nagar Junction!
I too travel almost daily via. Nazim Junction and exactly when i am at that junction, these days i can smell and hear---haleem and PS3 gaming sound, i wonder why
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:10   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I too travel almost daily via. Nazim Junction and exactly when i am at that junction, these days i can smell and hear---haleem and PS3 gaming sound, i wonder why
Haleem... Maybe because of the shop at the corner!
PS3...Well, by the time you pass the junction at 9:00 AM, I will be in deep sleep! And I was not aware that my snoring was so loud!

Took the Madhapur route two days back and the image hospital U-turn which was a huge bottleneck has been closed.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 23:54   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,100
Thanked: 1,142 Times
Default

Today evening (around 1645) while going to Hyd airport, did anybody notice a smashed Indigo and a Pajero at the first island (having left Gachibowli) on the JN Expressway?

It seemed to be a case of understeer of the Indica taking it straight into the path of the Pajero on the steeply curved exit road. Both cars heavily damaged. Cops and an ambulance were there and the accident looked quite recent.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 10:09   #232
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

Durgam Chevuru:
AWESOME but four wheel cages please excuse.

My first experience with the off road patch on this stretch was on Friday.
I decide to take the road and check out how it is.
The road was all cut up and only one tiny mud hill.
Found a thunderbird rider stuck on top of it.
The dude had both wheels a few cms off the ground and kept spinning away to glory.
Helped him cross it.

When will people understand the power of momentum.

Accelerate, just before the mound hit the brake. Let the fork squeeze and push the front up. Accelerate hard and fly off.

Loved the look on the folks, when I did that there.

I took the same road again yesterday.
Awesome fun. More mud hills and more bouncing and dancing on the bike.

This road will take a while before it opens for cars.
Till then, the temptation to take it on my bike everyday is simply too high.

Disclaimer:
I never ride without my helmet.
The only person who can get hurt is ME.
I fully understand that if I fall, I will break a bone.
Bones heal, wound fill up.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 11:10   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Imran, has the other link road been opened from Durgam Cheruvu----the one that leads to Hyderabad House on the Madhapur-Cyber Towers main road?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 11:14   #234
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Imran, has the other link road been opened from Durgam Cheruvu----the one that leads to Hyderabad House on the Madhapur-Cyber Towers main road?
The last 10 meters or so of that are incomplete.
Its a ditch and was impossible to cross.

I tried.
But the water was dirty, its like an open drain.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 12:29   #235
BHPian
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Can this thread be also used for giving potholes and manholes alerts? If it's speed breakers in Bangalore, tram lines at Kolkata, potholes in Patna, we in Hyderabad have been blessed with the most awkwardly designed and maintained manholes. They'll be everywhere, either protruding out in full glory or ducking inches beneath the road surface. So it's either kissy-kissy-bang-bang or thudy-thudy-bang-bang affair with your ride.

And with the rains having finally graced our city, the potholes have mushroomed left-right-center.

Together they can cut a big hole in your pocket and more importantly, in your heart if you are not careful about them.

Anyway, few such hole alerts from my side:-
  • Stretch in between Peter England and More before Odyssey at Jubilee Hills - you suddenly enter the moon's surface. Keep to the left most lane once you descend the hill in front of Cafe Latte.
  • Stretch before the signal opp. Madhapur PS (while entering Madhapur) - moon surface again. This time, keep to the extreme right lane.
  • In front of TOI office near Nagarjuna Circle - beware of "thudy" manholes. Keep to the right lane.
  • Road No. 45 - Keep to the left lane. Monstrour manholes, potholes throughout the road in the right lane.
  • Road between Gachibowli Y Jn. and Mehdipatnam-Hi-tec city connector - beware of a monstrous trough that comes suddenly. That road tempts you for speed.
  • Road going left from Cafe Latte towards Vacs Bakery -> Ameerpet - beware of unmarked speed breakers when driving at night. No street lights and one is tempted to hit the gas. (And while at that, stopover at Vacs Bakery - one of the best bakeries in the city with nice seating space)
  • After the now closed Vodafone "cutting" at Madhapur (going towards Hi-tec city) - Keep to the right, keep to the right unless you want to get sunk in this massive massive ditch on the left just before the Asal dhaba shortcut turn.
I am sure there are many many more which could be added to this list. Just trying to do my bit to solve this big hole of a problem.

- Rahul

Last edited by devnull : 15th September 2009 at 12:31.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 12:53   #236
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,516
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Can this thread be also used for giving potholes and manholes alerts? If it's speed breakers in Bangalore, tram lines at Kolkata, potholes in Patna, we in Hyderabad have been blessed with the most awkwardly designed and maintained manholes. They'll be everywhere, either protruding out in full glory or ducking inches beneath the road surface. So it's either kissy-kissy-bang-bang or thudy-thudy-bang-bang affair with your ride.

And with the rains having finally graced our city, the potholes have mushroomed left-right-center.

Together they can cut a big hole in your pocket and more importantly, in your heart if you are not careful about them.

Anyway, few such hole alerts from my side:-
  • Stretch in between Peter England and More before Odyssey at Jubilee Hills - you suddenly enter the moon's surface. Keep to the left most lane once you descend the hill in front of Cafe Latte.
  • Stretch before the signal opp. Madhapur PS (while entering Madhapur) - moon surface again. This time, keep to the extreme right lane.
  • In front of TOI office near Nagarjuna Circle - beware of "thudy" manholes. Keep to the right lane.
  • Road No. 45 - Keep to the left lane. Monstrour manholes, potholes throughout the road in the right lane.
  • Road between Gachibowli Y Jn. and Mehdipatnam-Hi-tec city connector - beware of a monstrous trough that comes suddenly. That road tempts you for speed.
  • Road going left from Cafe Latte towards Vacs Bakery -> Ameerpet - beware of unmarked speed breakers when driving at night. No street lights and one is tempted to hit the gas. (And while at that, stopover at Vacs Bakery - one of the best bakeries in the city with nice seating space)
  • After the now closed Vodafone "cutting" at Madhapur (going towards Hi-tec city) - Keep to the right, keep to the right unless you want to get sunk in this massive massive ditch on the left just before the Asal dhaba shortcut turn.
I am sure there are many many more which could be added to this list. Just trying to do my bit to solve this big hole of a problem.

- Rahul
That's a pretty good list. It looks so good that it can be sent as an email to TOI who will put the heat on GHMC to rectify them ASAP.

Btw, i have encountered all of above and know these roads like back of my hand so no chance of any sudden surprises
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 13:03   #237
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,663
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

And there are 2 more thudy-thudy manholes just before the Care hospital on Road no:1. Add that to list too.
Also when you approach the road no:12 signal from Masab Tank you will find another 2 manholes at a little distance from each other, but these have been somewhat covered with sand lately.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 13:11   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

devnull---thanks for your comprehensive list. Can you also post the direction of travel? For instance, for the one opp TOI near Nagarjuna circle, I suppose you are referring to the N' Circle->Green Mosque direction of travel.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 13:28   #239
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Nice list there Rahul.
We all know all the manholes in our regular routes and dodge them like pros!

BTW, the 'suspension breaker' in front of TOI has been fixed after it was featured in the paper, right?

This will be useful for taking the roads less traveled!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 17:15   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Small pothole that became a large one after the rains and seems to be worsening - on the road from LV Prasad circle to Cancer Hospital (is that part of Road No.10?).

The road takes two right hand bends and this is just where the second bend starts. It's close to the divider and the left lane is ok.
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Diversions in Andheri areas. IQBAL VEERJI Street Experiences 5 20th April 2011 08:32
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries atkraju Route / Travel Queries 4 13th November 2008 21:39
Alternate routes to Nelamangala? haripg Route / Travel Queries 6 12th February 2008 14:02
Alternate routes for you to reach faster in Bombay! Gordon Shifting gears 13 31st December 2004 13:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks