Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 16:06   #271
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,640
Thanked: 6,637 Times
Default

Road in front of Siddiamber Bazaar is dug up.

The already pathetic traffic has worsened beyond belief.
Over and above the terrible traffic scene, they block traffic for judges from the High court to have right of way.

Auto rickshaws have stopped using lpg/ cng/ petrol and diesel.
They have adopted kerosene full time.

Almost all the rickshaws spew out a toxic plume of white gas.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 16:15   #272
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 448
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

[quote=vnabhi;1526450]Hi guys,

This might be a bit OT, but my brother is flying down to Hyd from Cal on Tuesday. He wanted to know how much a cab would cost to AS Rao Nagar from Shamshabad airport.

AS Rao Ngr to Aport is 51Kms via Tarnaka-Kachiguda-MGBS-charminar-police academy-highway ; Greencab(510-520) ; Meru (790-820).

Alternately try Tarnaka-lb ngr-drl-srisailam highway will save around 9kms .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:00   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

[quote=rm_arjuna;1531894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi guys,

This might be a bit OT, but my brother is flying down to Hyd from Cal on Tuesday. He wanted to know how much a cab would cost to AS Rao Nagar from Shamshabad airport.

AS Rao Ngr to Aport is 51Kms via Tarnaka-Kachiguda-MGBS-charminar-police academy-highway ; Greencab(510-520) ; Meru (790-820).

Alternately try Tarnaka-lb ngr-drl-srisailam highway will save around 9kms .
Thanks, he paid around Rs 700 for a trip of 45 kms via LB Ngr, Tarnaka and ECIL.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:17   #274
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,717
Thanked: 7,863 Times
Default

Oh I forgot to update. The whisper valley route is totally dug up at the top most part and while going from Gachibowli towards Film Nagar, you need to take a diversion into those silent, beautiful lanes with lovely houses on either side.

I am doing that since last week and enjoying those lanes. I wish i owned atleast one of those bunglows
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:27   #275
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Oh I forgot to update. The whisper valley route is totally dug up at the top most part and while going from Gachibowli towards Film Nagar, you need to take a diversion into those silent, beautiful lanes with lovely houses on either side.

I am doing that since last week and enjoying those lanes. I wish i owned atleast one of those bunglows
Indeed, those lanes are quite pleasant and some lovely houses. I don't wish for at least one, but how I wish I owned just one there
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:27   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh I forgot to update. The whisper valley route is totally dug up at the top most part and while going from Gachibowli towards Film Nagar, you need to take a diversion into those silent, beautiful lanes with lovely houses on either side.

I am doing that since last week and enjoying those lanes. I wish i owned atleast one of those bunglows
Yup, even I am enjoying that confusing maze of roads with huge mansions dotting those on either sides!

But at one spot midway, I scraped my underbelly on a dug up part---you gotta go carefully on that part--take it from the extreme right.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:31   #277
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
But at one spot midway, I scraped my underbelly on a dug up part---you gotta go carefully on that part--take it from the extreme right.
If I know the dug up part that you are referring to, you can take a right just at that point and come out on the main road near reliance webworld junction when travelling from Whisper Valley to JH.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 17:03   #278
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
If I know the dug up part that you are referring to, you can take a right just at that point and come out on the main road near reliance webworld junction when travelling from Whisper Valley to JH.
Yup, that is the spot. I sometimes go straight and come out to the main road after BV Bhavan School. So the guys going straight gotta be careful.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 17:03   #279
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,717
Thanked: 7,863 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
If I know the dug up part that you are referring to, you can take a right just at that point and come out on the main road near reliance webworld junction when travelling from Whisper Valley to JH.
Exactly, even i use the same route. I see other cars getting confused if to take right or go straight ahead.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 17:32   #280
BHPian
 
wads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Guys,

Any idea if the Durgam Cheru road is open? its been closed for a long time now
wads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 11:02   #281
BHPian
 
potlaravi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: STL MO
Posts: 148
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys,

Any idea if the Durgam Cheru road is open? its been closed for a long time now
Wads,
Durgam Cheru road is not opened yet. But few MUV cabs are passing through the road though there are barricades . Better donít even try with other cars.
--Ravi
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:36   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys,

Any idea if the Durgam Cheru road is open? its been closed for a long time now
No signs of re-opening yet. I'm taking the Gachibowli route everyday for more than a month.

BTW, does anyone know where the RTA office is located near Kondapur? My pal bought an i20 yesterday, but since it is company-financed, he needs to register it there.
How is the process there? At Khairatabad, I went directly and got my car registered without paying even a single paise extra. The whole process took not more than 30 minutes, including payment by standing in a line.

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st October 2009 at 12:38.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:47   #283
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
No signs of re-opening yet. I'm taking the Gachibowli route everyday for more than a month.

BTW, does anyone know where the RTA office is located near Kondapur? My pal bought an i20 yesterday, but since it is company-financed, he needs to register it there.
How is the process there? At Khairatabad, I went directly and got my car registered without paying even a single paise extra. The whole process took not more than 30 minutes, including payment by standing in a line.
AFAIK, the RTA office in Kondapur is associated with the Attapur RTA. Only inspections and DL test happen in Kondapur. It is after Shilpa Park (Apartments) on the right hand side adjacent to the road when traveling from Kothaguda to Miyapur. Its very prominent and can not be missed.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:58   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
AFAIK, the RTA office in Kondapur is associated with the Attapur RTA. Only inspections and DL test happen in Kondapur. It is after Shilpa Park (Apartments) on the right hand side adjacent to the road when traveling from Kothaguda to Miyapur. Its very prominent and can not be missed.
Thanks Ardy. By 'inspections' do you mean new vehicle registration?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 13:02   #285
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
Thanks Ardy. By 'inspections' do you mean new vehicle registration?
Yes, exactly. The RTA inspector takes a pencil scribble of the engine and chasis numbers on the application form.

In 2007, I had got my vehicle registered from there, but that was through an agent.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Diversions in Andheri areas. IQBAL VEERJI Street Experiences 5 20th April 2011 08:32
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries atkraju Route / Travel Queries 4 13th November 2008 21:39
Alternate routes to Nelamangala? haripg Route / Travel Queries 6 12th February 2008 14:02
Alternate routes for you to reach faster in Bombay! Gordon Shifting gears 13 31st December 2004 13:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks