Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st April 2009, 17:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any idea for how long this diversion at Cyber towers will last? I am fed up of taking this diversion while going towards Kondapur.

It's worse while going back as need to take a U-turn on the Malaysian township route and come back to Cyber towers to head towards Madhapur.
Looks like the work is being carried out 24/7 for the flyover. Should be around 6 months before that diversion is closed.

Also, I heard about an alternate route from one of my colleagues which will take you to the Honda Showroom junction. No idea where this road is!

It's really tough times for the Hi-Tec city folks these days!

Quote:
Folks, the Durgam Cheruvu road is in bad shape since Monday---there is a deep cut on the road that was laid a year back (remember, that portion of the road was closed for 2 months), and there is sewer water flowing all over that place. My car was stinking for nearly 15 minutes after going through that filth last evening.

I will avoid the Durgam road for at least a week, till I hear that it has been repaired.
Venu, you were lucky. I was on my bike that day and had drainage water splashed on my pants, shoes etc!
From today, Even I am avoiding that route like plague! the repairs they do this stretch never last for even a month!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

Actually I find this arrangement quite good.

I drive from Cyber Gateway towards Madhapur.
Looking at the way the traffic flows, I cannot but wonder, why we need a flyover itself.
With some good lighting and road signs this arrangement can work.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Actually I find this arrangement quite good.

I drive from Cyber Gateway towards Madhapur.
Looking at the way the traffic flows, I cannot but wonder, why we need a flyover itself.
With some good lighting and road signs this arrangement can work.
Imran!
At What time did you take this? It's a pain in the a** during peak times.
Agree to the point that it's a good arrangement on Sundays or off peak times!

I heard that the flyover will be for Hi-tec - Kukatpally road and a underpass for Madhapur - Kondapur and a regular signal like it was before, something similar to B'lore! Is this true?
Old 1st April 2009, 17:49   #34
BHPian

pulsar/imran -the other route which you guys can follow is get into the lane which leads to gur nihal dhaba.

that road will end on the hi tech city main road ,near ratnadeep.

go towards cyber towers and take the u turn and you are on the road which leads to madhapur p.s

that way no need to go all the way to the malaysian township road and all.

doing this for a couple of days now and i find it fast and traffic free to get to home in the evening.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:37   #35
BHPian

Hey guys,
Have two koshchens - I have to go to that Maitrivanam (HUDA) junction tomorrow to get one of my project reports hard bound-ed .

Koschen 1 - Do you guys know any good shop in/around Madhapur who will do Hard Bound binding (no spiral and stuff, only hard). That way I'll be saved from going to that God forsaken place.

Koschen 2 - If not, then could you guide me where to park my car in Maitrivanam. I have been told that this binding shop is there in that building opposite HUDA where a lot of computer shops are there. From the few times I have been there, I got an impression that this place is a nightmare for car parking and I am scared to take my vehicle there. Maybe I am wrong. But just wanted to confirm with you guys.

BTW, for all the Hi-tech folks who are finding the new diversions at Cyber Towers junction a pain, there is one easy solution - take the left just before Ratnadeep, follow the sparse traffic (occasionally, pass by some good looking females, keep staring on your rear view mirror) on that road and very soon, find yourself in the middle of Hi-tech city. Awesome road it is.

Edit: Oh, just saw RR's post above where he talks about the same road. RR beating me yet again! BTW RR bhai, any suggestions on how to get rid of the mess that cars/autos/trucks stopping at Madhapur wine spot create? So many times they'll simply block the entry to our colony. The other day I had a major fight with this #$$@# auto guy who had very nicely parked it bang in the middle of the entry! Bugger wasn't even ready to admit his mistake.

Last edited by devnull : 1st April 2009 at 21:45.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:08   #36
BANNED

KPHB has quite a few book binding shops and you should be able to go there via the Malaysian Township route. dont know much about the Hitec area. I got my copied college reports bound in KPHB.
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 23:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Koschen 2 - If not, then could you guide me where to park my car in Maitrivanam. I have been told that this binding shop is there in that building opposite HUDA where a lot of computer shops are there. From the few times I have been there, I got an impression that this place is a nightmare for car parking and I am scared to take my vehicle there. Maybe I am wrong. But just wanted to confirm with you guys.
You are referring to Aditya Complex. Go there, try to find a parking slot in front of that building (quiet difficult), else take some by-lane, park conveniently in front of any shop or building, give the watchman there 20 bucks and say that you will be back in 10 minutes and take care of your car!

I followed the second option last time and trust me, it works!

If you want to get it done cheaper, Ameerpet is the wonly choice!! Madhapur shops are keen of fleecing the hard earned money of the IT folks!
Quote:
the other route which you guys can follow is get into the lane which leads to gur nihal dhaba.

that road will end on the hi tech city main road ,near ratnadeep.
RR Bhai, I know that route long time back! We were actually posting for Avi!
From today, I have started taking the whisper valley route. No Pot-holes, no traffic jams, and I get to drive more Kilometers! LOL! (Need to complete the 1000 KM Run-in period fast!)

OT: Devnull & Rajesh, Are there any one-bedroom flats for less than 6k available in your areas? In my place, my car is parked on the road and I need to find a place with 4 wheeler parking soon to avoid damages to my car!
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:49   #38
BHPian

devnull: there is this shop opposite planet m who does the binding and stuff.

you need to get into the lane ,on your right in that lane you will see a restaurant called pumpkins ,uske opposite hai spiral binding wala shop.

with regards to the auto wala near the wine store ,cant help it man ,more than the auto i nearly miss a couple of bewdas daily on my way back.

funny part is those folks have made the entrance to the gulli as some open air cafe ( consuming the good stuff) on the road itself.

pulsar : have send you a pm for your house inquiry.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
KPHB has quite a few book binding shops and you should be able to go there via the Malaysian Township route. dont know much about the Hitec area. I got my copied college reports bound in KPHB.
Hey, thanks man! I did exactly that. Lots of good binding shops opposite JNTU. Was feeling terribly sleepy at office this afternoon so decided to take a break and drive till JNTU and check those shops out. Was such a pleasant drive (except for that patch near Hi-tech railway station). Feeling rejuvenated now. Also, saw a few new roads in that whole stretch - there was this road oppsite the railway station going to some Izzatnagar. Then one more is getting laid there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
OT: Devnull & Rajesh, Are there any one-bedroom flats for less than 6k available in your areas? In my place, my car is parked on the road and I need to find a place with 4 wheeler parking soon to avoid damages to my car!
1 BHK here in Madhapur will be tough to find. And less than 6k would be even harder. But then, it's been a while since I went on house scouting. So it could be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
devnull:
funny part is those folks have made the entrance to the gulli as some open air cafe ( consuming the good stuff) on the road itself.
True. The other night I drove over this empty bottle lying right on the road. I saw it too late to avoid it and there was this whole glass shattering sound. Not major but still checked the tyre once to make sure.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:14   #40
Team-BHP Support

When coming to office.
I take the gur Nihal road.

I was referring to the return trip round about. I find that quite nice as well.

Also, came by Durgam Chevuru road today.
Wanted to avoid it as per above advice but could not help it as I simply had to follow.
if you get what I mean.

Update: The road is back to normal.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: The road is back to normal.
You mean the sewage has stopped flowing on the road and you can see the pot holes more clearly now?
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:27   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wanted to avoid it as per above advice but could not help it as I simply had to follow.if you get what I mean.
It happens to me regularly!

I too change directions like a pointed gun-dog when i see something interesting and forget where i am supposed to go in the first place.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 18:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, how about updates on places that get water-logged during rains? I think this thread is a good place for such pointers.
I can, at the least, point out a few places based on my daily commute:-
  1. Raj Bhavan Road--the 100 metre stretch between Reliance Foot Prints to Digital Shoppy. The left most part of the road is the deepest. The road on the other side of the divider is ok though.
  2. KCP Jn, near NKM Grand hotel---avoid by all means, unless you have a car like Roger Moore in 'The Spy who loved me'.
  3. Banjara Hills--the road from Nissan showroom to MLA Colony has a big dip that turns into a pool.
  4. Panjugutta---the road near Hub restaurant---avoid and take the flyover instead.
  5. The road between CM's camp office till the U turn opp Katriya De Royale. This is beside the fly-over. If you gotta take the U turn, then pray to God.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 01:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
......how about updates on places that get water-logged during rains?............
Road No.1, Banjara Hills - while coming from the Nagarjuna Circle side, there's a stretch just after you pass Vengala Rao Park gate, for about a 100 metres or so which gets heavily waterlogged. As the waterlogging happens just after the road curves, one often realises it only after hitting the water.

It may be better this year though as that part of the road was relaid when the flyover over Nagarjuna Circle was completed.
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 01:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Raj Bhavan Road--the 100 metre stretch between Reliance Foot Prints to Digital Shoppy. The left most part of the road is the deepest. The road on the other side of the divider is ok though.
  1. KCP Jn, near NKM Grand hotel---avoid by all means, unless you have a car like Roger Moore in 'The Spy who loved me'.
  2. Banjara Hills--the road from Nissan showroom to MLA Colony has a big dip that turns into a pool.
  3. Panjugutta---the road near Hub restaurant---avoid and take the flyover instead.
  4. The road between CM's camp office till the U turn opp Katriya De Royale. This is beside the fly-over. If you gotta take the U turn, then pray to God.
That covers almost all the routes I travel in Hyderabad including the one mentioned by straightdrive! Now, how in the holy (name) do I travel in Hyderabad?

Road No. 1 from Nagarjuna Circle happens to be my another favourite apart from the Rd. No 12! The sharp curve and the joy of overtaking on this stretch is heaven!

Let's all gear up and fit snorkels on our cars before the monsoons!