Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th July 2010, 18:13   #541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the pointer. I guess if one passes that area before 9 am, it should be ok.

BTW, 'Orissa Island' is the name of that intersection.
Wow, even i will take the route from Mehdipatnam to Gachibowli tomorrow.

Today morning on Gachibowli road from ESI staff college until Gachibowli crossroads, i encountered unprecedented traffic.

Never in my life it took me so much time to cover 1-2kms. Almost 45mins

Result of sales charts zooming upwards of automobile companies
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:22   #542
Team-BHP Support

I took a nice long detour to avoid below mentioned traffic hassle.

Himayathanagar->Bible House Road->R.P Road-> Begumpet->Rd.No 3 Banjara Hills-> Jubilee Check Post->Left towards Cancer Hospital-> Right towards Film Nagar Club-Whisper Valley-> Gachibowli

Most of above section including Begumpet main road was empty and i enjoyed my drive to work
Old 13th July 2010, 18:19   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Avoid Banjara Hills Road Number 12 and its intersection with KBR Park on July 13.

Jagannath Temple in Hyderabad ? Puri Jagannath Mandir :: HinduPAD - Every thing about Hinduism
Is this the temple that was under construction for quite sometime.. besides the TRS office near road #12 and KBR intersection??
valivetikmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:02   #544
BHPian

Absolutely horrible situation at Kothaguda Jn. coming from Gachibowli. Was stuck there for 40 mins today evening. Couldn't really figure out what the root cause was. Heard it's been going on for a few days now. The Traffic Police were in a pitiable situation and were completely unable to control the situation -- out of ideas, they let the vehicles coming from Gachibowli to spill over into the wrong lane (from the Botanical Gardens jn) and this caused an even messier situation towards the Kothaguda jn. Utter chaos! Please avoid that road in the evenings.

And the mandatory question of this thread - what's up with Durgam Cheruvu road? Last I went there (last week), there were almost trenches dug across the road in some places causing major traffic snarls.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:24   #545
Senior - BHPian

I too encountered those trenches on DC Road last Monday and have not traversed on that path since then. No idea how things are now.

BTW Avi---why did you go via Begumpet? Wouldn't Khairatabad and Punjagutta been shorter for you? I know the Khairatabad overpass is a pain, but so is the Begumpet one.

Last edited by vnabhi : 13th July 2010 at 22:26.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 23:11   #546
BHPian

^^ With regards to Durgam Cheruvu road, it was in a worse condition a few weeks ago. After I filed Grievances at the GHMC website, they were filled up with cheap filling materials which washed away in the next day's rains. Later, for drainage works they re-dug up a road-cutting and never bothered to properly cement it back - they only put mud. This lead to a mud-flood after the next day's rains and it has been like that ever since. The other way is now partially open to one-way traffic due to better drainage (remember the perennial flooding?) so it is partially better now. I'm, however, filing an RTI complaint tomorrow as I am really frustrated to see that the government cannot finish a single task perfectly/completely.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 23:12   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Absolutely horrible situation at Kothaguda Jn. coming from Gachibowli. Was stuck there for 40 mins today evening. Couldn't really figure out what the root cause was. Heard it's been going on for a few days now. The Traffic Police were in a pitiable situation and were completely unable to control the situation -- out of ideas, they let the vehicles coming from Gachibowli to spill over into the wrong lane (from the Botanical Gardens jn) and this caused an even messier situation towards the Kothaguda jn. Utter chaos! Please avoid that road in the evenings.

And the mandatory question of this thread - what's up with Durgam Cheruvu road? Last I went there (last week), there were almost trenches dug across the road in some places causing major traffic snarls.
The portion of the road where the shrine splits the road into 2, a huge trailer with a huge payload is stuck. And that caused the traffic snarls. Had seen the trailer in the morning as well, and was surprised to see it still standing at the same place even in the evening. I hope something is done to move that tomorrow.

Luckily, it took me about 15 mins to cross that section of traffic jam.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 13:12   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post

I experience Kothaguda "Jam" daily. It's also my daily bread and butter.

If i dont encounter that, which means i go to work without my breakfast

Quote:
I too encountered those trenches on DC Road last Monday and have not traversed on that path since then. No idea how things are now.

BTW Avi---why did you go via Begumpet? Wouldn't Khairatabad and Punjagutta been shorter for you? I know the Khairatabad overpass is a pain, but so is the Begumpet one.
Venu, I was in a mood to drive longer knowing that i wont be driving "IT" after a few weeks. So basically logging in some miles and fun too

Btw, last evening i used your favorite road. The great DC road and i was pleased to say, i came out to madhapur signal in 2 minutes flat from inorbit mall at 7:15pm which i suppose is a peak time.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:27   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
The portion of the road where the shrine splits the road into 2, a huge trailer with a huge payload is stuck. And that caused the traffic snarls. Had seen the trailer in the morning as well, and was surprised to see it still standing at the same place even in the evening. I hope something is done to move that tomorrow.

Luckily, it took me about 15 mins to cross that section of traffic jam.

Cheers,
As of 2.30 PM the trailer is still parked with the trailer and the front tractor both jacked up for support. Looks like the Hyderabad Traffic Police is still searching for an appropriate crane.

Guys brace yourself for an evening jam at Kothaguda Junction!
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:35   #550
BHPian

Default Ordeal

Hitech to village road is the worst these days,

@ MC

some places look just like terrain around Leh. My ride to Leh in this would be fun if it still holds up to be abuse that village road ordeal puts me through.
Ushuaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:47   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Hitech to village road is the worst these days,

@ MC

some places look just like terrain around Leh. My ride to Leh in this would be fun if it still holds up to be abuse that village road ordeal puts me through.
Good for you---you can get an awful lot of practice.

BTW, where is 'Village Road'?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:52   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good for you---you can get an awful lot of practice.

BTW, where is 'Village Road'?
Venu Sir,

I guess he means the Nizampet Village!
A great place for scientists to conduct their research!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:13   #553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Venu Sir,

Research on what? How to make better car suspensions?
Old 14th July 2010, 18:20   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Venu Sir,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Research on what? How to make better car suspensions?
Well no need for Research, just buy a Bolero and glide over all potholes.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:26   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Well no need for Research, just buy a Bolero and glide over all potholes.
Sure. And, carry Bolero's broken suspension over a shoulder or in an autorickshaw back home...Haha!