Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 22:26   #751
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,173
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There was one spot that was very badly broken. Trusted my luck and the Wagon held her ground.
But that part is a bad one.
The road led me towards a big lake. Then I took a right turn. There was a Malik cars workshop.
That's the dargah road!
It's not very bad but one has to be really careful at the turns. (they are narrow)
If you are heading towards Gachibowli, this is a round-about route compared to the Whisper Valley one!

AFAIK, There is also a talwar Hyundai's workshop where this road merges with the Old Bombay Highway.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 12:41   #752
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,640
Thanked: 6,637 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
That's the dargah road!
It's not very bad but one has to be really careful at the turns. (they are narrow)
If you are heading towards Gachibowli, this is a round-about route compared to the Whisper Valley one!

AFAIK, There is also a talwar Hyundai's workshop where this road merges with the Old Bombay Highway.
Thanks Nazim.

The exact route I took is in the blue path.
The bad stretch is marked in red.
The Yellow dot is Malik Cars.
Name:  Route.JPG
Views: 1405
Size:  195.3 KB

I realize that there were better route available and this is getting interesting.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 13:07   #753
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Novotel Airport to Sagar Road

The google maps shows a road from Novotel Airport going to the Sagar rd.
Has anyone used this road to go towards sagar and can comment on the condition
If this route is taking you and joining before Ibrahimpatnam then the road was great when I went about 4 months back.

There is some construction going on - as your turn off left underneath the flyover intersection before Thukugudda and then race through the under construction highway - one of the side roads will be open and will have near to ZERO traffic till you hit the n sagar highway.
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 14:12   #754
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Last week I tried a slight variation in this route.
While returning from office, I took the turn into film nagar.
Crossed the big temple but did not take the right turn.
Continued straight towards Rama Naidu Studios.
Then followed the road as it kept veering left.
I took this road by mistake in my old 800 while looking for Ramanaidu Studios. I turned back at the spot where the road was broken (and clearly not going towards RS!). But I could see (from the RS lawns) Sumos and other MUVs regularly use this route.

AFAIK by continuing straight from the temple (without taking the right turn) you will not hit RS, unless there's some other route to RS which I don't know of.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 17:09   #755
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,715
Thanked: 7,852 Times
Default

Due to the impending long weekend, i experienced some relatively empty roads this morning.

Took this route as had to drop wifey to work.

Himyathnagar->Lower Tankbund--> Minister Road-> Begumpet--> Banjara Hills Rd.no 3--> KBR Park--> J. Checkpost--> Film Nagar-> Whisper Valley-> Gachibowli

Above route from Home-> Work took me 50 mins when i started from home around 915AM
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 20:33   #756
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

That route can be named IRR, Avi

Now back to DC Road---I took it on the way back and it is in better shape than a couple of weeks ago, though there are still some cuts. I'm gonna hit that again after a long gap of 3 weeks. DC Road--I love you!!
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 10:33   #757
BHPian
 
sreenivass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 872
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I took this road by mistake in my old 800 while looking for Ramanaidu Studios. I turned back at the spot where the road was broken (and clearly not going towards RS!). But I could see (from the RS lawns) Sumos and other MUVs regularly use this route.

AFAIK by continuing straight from the temple (without taking the right turn) you will not hit RS, unless there's some other route to RS which I don't know of.

Regards,
spadix
It is a right turn at gap in the median after film nagar temple that takes you to Rama Naidu studios. This is a reasonably good road, watch for oncoming traffic at bends.

After taking a turn just beyond the temple, you'd see a western style bakery on your left. Continue for about 0.5 KM or so there is a road on your left with boards marked Rama Naidu studios. If you continue without going to RS, you'd reach Gachibowli Road via whisper Valley.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 12:38   #758
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,715
Thanked: 7,852 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That route can be named IRR, Avi
Pray, now what is "I" in that IRR? The last two alphabets werent that hard to figure out

My logic says its " Inner" not the ones some dirty minds think of
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 12:41   #759
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,262
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Pray, now what is "I" in that IRR? The last two alphabets werent that hard to figure out

My logic says its " Inner" not the ones some dirty minds think of
Bingo---i meant Inner Ring Road! Now I am confused and trying to think dirty.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 12:51   #760
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,640
Thanked: 6,637 Times
Default

For the first time ever, I found myself on Ameerpet-Kukatpally road without a vehicle.

I stood waiting for a rickshaw. Found an almost empty eight seater share auto coming along the road.
Stopped it and reached JNTU.
Paid the guy Rs 10.

Then needed to figure out, how to reach office in Madhapur.
THERE WERE NO AUTO'S or BUSES.
ONLY SHARE AUTO'S.

There is no other option.
Such an important route and no buses, setwin or anything.

Luckily just as I gave up all hope, my colleague stops his bike.
Life is Good.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 09:50   #761
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jam-luru
Posts: 259
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
If this route is taking you and joining before Ibrahimpatnam then the road was great when I went about 4 months back.

There is some construction going on - as your turn off left underneath the flyover intersection before Thukugudda and then race through the under construction highway - one of the side roads will be open and will have near to ZERO traffic till you hit the n sagar highway.
Quick update on this road. The road is fully done and is a breeze if you want to hit the n-sagar road from hitec city area. Its apparently a bypass for hyderabad connecting Samshabad to the N Sagar/ Vijaywada roads.
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:48   #762
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@Lonelyplanet - can you confirm that even the road from shamshabad junction to Tukkuguda junction is operational (start of pink line essentially avoids going through the airport)?

what I infer is that the pink line from Tukugudda to N sagar is now completely operational. Did you see it operational till Vijaywada road also?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ORR-Map.pdf (2.14 MB, 234 views)
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:11   #763
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jam-luru
Posts: 259
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

I saw the markings for Samshabad (near Tukugudda) however decided to come via the airport since it was a little late in the evening and did not want to take a chance.
The junction at the N-Sagar SH had road going straight to meet NH9. Cannot comment on the completion status. However saw couple of trucks traffic coming from the other direction.
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:57   #764
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 690
Thanked: 342 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Quick update on this road. The road is fully done and is a breeze if you want to hit the n-sagar road from hitec city area. Its apparently a bypass for hyderabad connecting Samshabad to the N Sagar/ Vijaywada roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
@Lonelyplanet - can you confirm that even the road from shamshabad junction to Tukkuguda junction is operational (start of pink line essentially avoids going through the airport)?

what I infer is that the pink line from Tukugudda to N sagar is now completely operational. Did you see it operational till Vijaywada road also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I saw the markings for Samshabad (near Tukugudda) however decided to come via the airport since it was a little late in the evening and did not want to take a chance.
The junction at the N-Sagar SH had road going straight to meet NH9. Cannot comment on the completion status. However saw couple of trucks traffic coming from the other direction.
I read in the newspaper just a couple of months back that the Managing Director of HMDA (the agency responsible for developing the ORR) has toured the ORR (Outer Ring Road) stretch from NH9 (near Shamshabad Airport on Bangalore Highway) to NH7 (near Ramoji Film City on Vijayawada Highway) and after inspecting it has declared that it is ready and will soon be opened to public. I thought that they may declare it officially on 02-Oct-2010 but that did not happen. They may have opened it with a soft launch and will get some political leader to cut the ribbon later. In the same article I also read that they plan to open all the 8 lanes between Shamshabad and Gachibowli also.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 18th October 2010 at 11:58.
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 13:45   #765
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

anyone knows whether it is possible to take ORR to go to Bollarum as well i.e. circling through the west side to north?
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Diversions in Andheri areas. IQBAL VEERJI Street Experiences 5 20th April 2011 08:32
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries atkraju Route / Travel Queries 4 13th November 2008 21:39
Alternate routes to Nelamangala? haripg Route / Travel Queries 6 12th February 2008 14:02
Alternate routes for you to reach faster in Bombay! Gordon Shifting gears 13 31st December 2004 13:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks