Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 9th December 2010, 13:32   #856
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yes, Kudos to Mr. C.V.Anand and the HTP.
Will pass on all this appreciation to my cousin who knows C.V Anand very well.

I met CV once at my cousin's house warming ceremony a couple of months ago.

We need more ex-cricketeers in government adminstration
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 12:32   #857
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

I happened to visit Indu Fortune Fields Gardenia Apartments just across the railway line near HiTec City Railway Station yesterday and was in for a very pleasant surprise :

The road from HiTec City Railway Station upto and also under the underpass has been paved and made smooth.

This is the road which connects HiTec City to Kukatpally.
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 11:19   #858
Team-BHP Support

Back in Hyderabad office after a month. Requesting update on the DC Road.

Please.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 15:44   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Please.
Drove on this road last weekend (non prime hours) - seemed fine to me.
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 06:07   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please.
It was generally ok last week, but you need to slow down at those 4 cuts across the Cybermotors Road.

Not sure of this week's update, as I am in the other DC now!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:10   #861
Team-BHP Support

As reported the road is ok, but with a couple of deep cuts. Will not be using this as the Cyber Towers route is much better.

vnabhi: Hope you have a great trip. The weather is gonna be a cold right. But it was a pleasant change for me. Wearing all those extra layers while in India its just a simple Tee or a cotton shirt.
Old 14th December 2010, 11:30   #862
Senior - BHPian

Last night while coming back home, wanted to enjoy the drive and hence crossed the Paradise Flyover and took an U Turn under the next flyover. While coming back, saw a fallen bike rider on top of the Paradise Flyover with petrol spilled on the road from the bike fuel tank. There was a guy standing with a phone and I asked him if the fallen rider needed a lift to the hospital. The guy responded in negative as the rider was already dead

This had happened in exactly 2 minutes that took me to take U Turn under the next flyover.

I don't know how this happened, but my sincere request to all riders here, "Please Ride Safe"
MileCruncher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:45   #863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There was a guy standing with a phone and I asked him if the fallen rider needed a lift to the hospital.
That was a very nice and noble thing to do.

Quote:

I don't know how this happened, but my sincere request to all riders here, "Please Ride Safe"
+1 to that.

And please wear a FULL FACE helmet.
In fact if you read the newspaper, you will soon realise that there is atleast one fatal motorcycle accident everyday. The importance of an helmet cannot be stressed enough.

If you can afford it, buy yourself a Snell/ ECE or atleast DOT rated helmet.
Even a ISI rated helmet sold and easily available in India could save you from death or bad head injury.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:26   #864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Last night while coming back home, wanted to enjoy the drive and hence crossed the Paradise Flyover and took an U Turn under the next flyover
That is really sad to know. May his soul RIP!

That's exactly the reason i was driving slow whilst you zoomed past me last night!

I would like to stress that you TRY to drive safer than you normally do
Old 17th December 2010, 11:21   #865
Team-BHP Support

The temple at the intersection between Banjara Hills Rd 12 and Rd #1 has some function going one. Very long queue of people.

But the police is doing a good job in keeping traffic moving. The people are also standing in line and doing their best to not be on the road.
Old 17th December 2010, 12:32   #866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The temple at the intersection between Banjara Hills Rd 12 and Rd #1 has some function going one
It's not a function. Today's a special day as it marks the begining of Sankranthi festival ( I think its called Sravanam, not sure being a true blue hindu) and pooja festivities at my home too with mom fasting.

I saw a queue in Himayathnagar begining from the TTD Balaji temple until the Liberty crossroads. People are patiently standing in that queue and reading the slokas book
Old 17th December 2010, 12:37   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's not a function. Today's a special day as it marks the begining of Sankranthi festival ( I think its called Sravanam, not sure being a true blue hindu) and pooja festivities at my home too with mom fasting.

I saw a queue in Himayathnagar begining from the TTD Balaji temple until the Liberty crossroads. People are patiently standing in that queue and reading the slokas book
I hope this might lead to a little less chaos on the road during regular rush hour since it coincides with Muharram today.
Neilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 00:09   #868
BHPian

Quote:
As reported the road is ok, but with a couple of deep cuts. Will not be using this as the Cyber Towers route is much better.
Please make use of GHMC's grievance system. I've been able to make them fill potholes a couple of times on this stretch: Grievance Status

If you require ANY help filing a grievance PM me for details. It is easy and is MUCH better than doing nothing about the issue.

Last edited by hellmet : 19th December 2010 at 00:10.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:07   #869
BHPian

Is there any traffic disruption towards KBR park/ Jubliee Hills on a/c of bandh by TDP ?
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:19   #870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Please make use of GHMC's grievance system. I've been able to make them fill potholes a couple of times on this stretch: Grievance Status

If you require ANY help filing a grievance PM me for details. It is easy and is MUCH better than doing nothing about the issue.
That is a very good suggestion. Thank you.

Inspired I got my camera along for today's ride to office. But thankfully a part of the road now has a fresh tar carpet.

The cuts on the road have been filled up.

A small section is still a little broken. But that is a stretch that is notorious for lane snatchers. I feel the broken part is not bad and it helps keep the lane snatchers in check.

The next time, I will surely use that link.

Thanks, again.