Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st October 2012, 16:48   #1321
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Hi,

Did anyone face any issues this morning due to the diversions because of the Bio-Diversity conference? Any known restrictions for evenings @ Inorbit circle or nearby areas?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:58   #1322
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi,

Did anyone face any issues this morning due to the diversions because of the Bio-Diversity conference? Any known restrictions for evenings @ Inorbit circle or nearby areas?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
No disruptions whatsoever. Infact better police cover and streamlining of traffic.
Was in inorbit yesterday and did not faceany issues both ways.
LonelyPlanet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:37   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
No disruptions whatsoever. Infact better police cover and streamlining of traffic.
Was in inorbit yesterday and did not faceany issues both ways.
+1 .madhapur and hi tec city area have cops regulate traffic on freshly laid out roads.

What worries me is the situation post oct 19th when the whole cop-11 conference would end.

E.g:- Will they keep those huge flower pots intact (on the divider ) or remove them?

RR
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:40   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

E.g:- Will they keep those huge flower pots intact (on the divider ) or remove them?

RR
We noticed 2 nights ago that almost all the flower pots on the stretch of road from Cinemax to J Hills Check Post were missing. Not sure if they were moved closer to the venue, or stolen en masse.

By the way, I got stuck between Orissa Circle/ MLA Cly and Film Nagar Jn both in the morning and evening, though I went to work at 9 am and left at 5 pm. Not sure why though.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:48   #1325
BHPian

Road from Hitec city to Kondapur was totally jammed 2 hrs earlier. Guess its due to the bad road near Hafeezpet.
katpasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 14:06   #1326
Team-BHP Support

The Prime Minister is visiting Hyderabad.

Be prepared for some super duper traffic jams in the Madhapur, Gachibowli and Kondapur areas.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 14:37   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The Prime Minister is visiting Hyderabad.

Be prepared for some super duper traffic jams in the Madhapur, Gachibowli and Kondapur areas.
The route Mobike008, NeilGuy and I take is always devoid of Traffic, so come PM or not, we always have a freeway there.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 10:07   #1328
BHPian

This pamphlet was being distributed at the Sangeet X roads today morning by the traffic police:

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-front.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-back.jpg
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 09:59   #1329
BHPian

Police have begun stopping vehicles, noticed two stops at Jubilee Hills.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 14:28   #1330
BHPian

I noticed police stopping vehicles at Khairatabad yesterday and at Ameerpet today. I got mine removed today.
hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 14:55   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
I noticed police stopping vehicles at Khairatabad yesterday and at Ameerpet today. I got mine removed today.
Where did you get them removed and how much did it cost you. Also, any suggestions for ones near Begumpet?

I heard that car decors are charging anywhere between 700 and 800 bucks for removing them. Its daylight robbery. I also read somewhere that cops have issued a notice to all car decors to not charge more than 100 bucks for sun film removal. But no one seems to care or follow.

Btw, can we remove the films ourselves. Any specific instructions to follow or things to look out for?
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:49   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Police have begun stopping vehicles, noticed two stops at Jubilee Hills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
I noticed police stopping vehicles at Khairatabad yesterday and at Ameerpet today.
Yesterday morning, between 10 and 11, I was on the move and saw the sun film removal being done at various spots by HTP.

Punjagutta Junction (only for vehicles moving from Ameerpet to Khairatabad). Same spot, today at lunch time also and same direction.

At Nirankari Bhawan at Lakdi-Ka-Pul when one is taking a U-turn from Khairatabad to Khairatabad.

At Khairatabad Junction for vehicles going from Punjagutta to Lakdi-Ka-Pul / NTR Marg. This was being done under the personal supervision of Mr PVS Ramakrishna, DCP.

At the gap-in-verge near The Park and KFC and Pizza Hut on Raj Bhawan Road (for both ways traffic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I also read somewhere that cops have issued a notice to all car decors to not charge more than 100 bucks for sun film removal.
Be careful that the guy who charges only 100/- does not end up scratching the glass.

Indu Fortune Fields Gardenia Apartments Association as a social initiative in the benefit of the residents has arranged 5 people to remove films on 28th @ 250 for small car and 300 for big car. The camp will be from 7am to 7pm.

Car Shringhar(?), opposite Hotel Green Park and next to Country Oven Bakery, in Ameerpet has a huge queue of cars waiting for film removal. At 9 in the morning today, there were 2 cars waiting though the shop opens at 11. In the 3 times that I crossed the shop yesterday afternoon, yesterday evening and today afternoon, I saw around 10-12 cars waiting for theur turns.

I had got the sun film removed last week through GadgetFreak whose father owns a shop on Minister Road.

There is a confusion about whether the PUC sticker should also be removed or not from the windshield. Mr CV Anand and Mr PVS Ramakrishna have opined that PUC sticker can stay as also the residence / office building sticker. However, the staff on the road may not be aware as no circular / notice is issued to them. I have removed my PUC sticker and kept in along with the certificate in the glove box to avoid arguing with HTP staff.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 17:01   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
There is a confusion about whether the PUC sticker should also be removed or not from the windshield. Mr CV Anand and Mr PVS Ramakrishna have opined that PUC sticker can stay as also the residence / office building sticker. However, the staff on the road may not be aware as no circular / notice is issued to them. I have removed my PUC sticker and kept in along with the certificate in the glove box to avoid arguing with HTP staff.
What about the Team-BHP stickers on the rear glasses. Will these need to be removed too? Only a week ago, I bought them and have proudly stuck the yellow LTD sticker on the rear glass.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 17:02   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Where did you get them removed and how much did it cost you. Also, any suggestions for ones near Begumpet?

I heard that car decors are charging anywhere between 700 and 800 bucks for removing them. Its daylight robbery. I also read somewhere that cops have issued a notice to all car decors to not charge more than 100 bucks for sun film removal. But no one seems to care or follow.

Btw, can we remove the films ourselves. Any specific instructions to follow or things to look out for?
700 /- to remove sun films? way too pricey.

Some of the good folks in my apartment arranged few people to remove films. They charged us around 300 or so for each car.

I am not sure if car decor shops is removing those films for 100/- but I don't think they will charge so less. Anyway, 100/- or not it is better to keep a close watch to ensure that they do it carefully.

You can try "V kool" sun films in Panjagutta area or you can try locations as Hyd_traveller suggested. I hope you know that we have huge line of car shops in Minister road. It's your best bet and it's very near to Begumpet.

On removal of sun films, it's not hard at all to remove them but I recommend leaving that job to experts in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Yesterday morning, between 10 and 11, I was on the move and saw the sun film removal being done at various spots by HTP.

Looks like the cops are in full swing. I never kept the PUC sticker in the windshield. I always kept the certificate and the sticker in the glove box.
hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 16:39   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Near Miyapur X Roads, I was aked to remove the Team-BHP(Driven By - URL) stickers that I have put on top of the windshield. It is just above the IRVM area.

Now how on earth do cops have a problem with that?

I refused to remove as it was not a problem and had no films either so was let off by their head inspector.

Has anyone else faced such an issue?
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote