Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 19:37   #61
Ice
BHPian
 
Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Stay away from BMW !!!

And there is no punishment in India that's why this type of incidents occurs.
Dude, don't equate a car with an act committed by its driver. If you drove a BMW at the time of this incident, would you sell it the next day? Do we not buy Sumos and Indicas despite the number of road accidents perpetrated by badly-driven BPO vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Hi guys, My first post on TBHB.

WHY, does anybody know the complete story or you guys seriously believe the news channels with the bull **** they feed us. ..... And as for TV channels, well shame on them for using cheap tactics to gain worthless TRP's just to call them NO.1 news channel of the country :@
Moral of the story: Look to TeamBHP for a balanced presentation of the news (I'm not being sarcastic here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
IMO, the G D Goenka World School should rusticate the student, thus setting an example out of this exemplary punishment. Now, why should the student be rusticated?

Because, being the owner's son and thus being the de-facto owner, he must have provided tacit support to all of this. Otherwise, the driver and the guard would've thought twice before committing this act.

On a second thought, the gun licence and the driving licence of both, the guard & the driver should be cancelled with immediate effect.

The punishment should affect where it hurts the most - and that is there livelihood..
GD1418 Sir, we were not there, so let's not castigate the kid based on news reports and the like. And as for your suggestion of revoking the licenses, I say . In fact, this should be done for pretty much every idiot on the road who ends up causing a traffic incident (not accident) or drives under the influence of alcohol.


Honestly, I believe that no civilian should have the right to owning and firing a gun in public. And I have lived in the US, where the constitution guarantees this right. Bottom line: guns are dangerous because we are all human at the end of the day. Human enough to feel a murderous rage when we have been wronged, only to calm down a few seconds later when we think through the consequences of our actions. Guns don't give us the luxury of righting the wrong we committed before we cooled down.
If you feel that you're life is under threat, get a police escort. Or get a knife

Last edited by Ice : 31st March 2009 at 19:38. Reason: text changed
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 20:32   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,214
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
How can a bullet fired into thin air deflect ? I thought it needs to hit something at an angle to deflect
Living in India and not seeing a Rajnikant movie is a crime my friend, the bullet scenes happen exactly like that so refer any of his movie to see how it happened

@ Ice- agree completely with you on the Guns part.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 23:57   #63
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Guys plz stop giving judgemetns on stories by media. They might be just stories. May not be sharing sides with either party, but one cannot really say who's fault it was, all depends on the circumstances. Could it be that the kid is being framed because he was riding in a BMW? Would it be possible that he would be in a similar position if he were in a car other than a BMW?
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 00:15   #64
BHPian
 
kroniq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I really dont understan why you would want to rusticate the student from school when it wasnt his fault at all. And comming to canceling the driver's and the pso's license is stupid too.
I met my friend today and he told me the whole story. While the fight took place the mob consisting of around 20 people that was collected by the indica driver being his village were throwing stones AND bricks. Even the PSO was INJURED. His chest has a deep cut his ankel and thumb are badly injured too. In this thread people arent trying to understand the story but trying to put the bmw guy at fault. I dont think its fault that hes rich and has to keep a PSO for security. The gun was shot because the mob went out of hand and werent stopping. And some papers also said that he was chased for 10kms before being caught, Instead it was him who went to the police checkpost to ask for security and co-operated with them thereon. I dont think what was done was wrong. Any person who is getting beaten up would try to save himself be it rich or poor. I guess the PSO did his duty well and shouldnt be questioned. Hope you people try to understand the story and not the media. Cause media hypes things up. This is being shared with you just to make you see the true story and make believe of that rather than utter lies by the media.

AND THE DRIVER WAS DRIVING,there was no instication by the kid.JUST SELF DEFENCE..thankyou
kroniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 07:44   #65
BHPian
 
BenjiRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 563
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

As requested earlier:
Mods can you please change the thread title.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st April 2009 at 12:27. Reason: Use report post to get the attention of the mod team. thanks
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 08:07   #66
BHPian
 
teknophobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 318
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroniq View Post
I really dont understan why you would want to rusticate the student from school when it wasnt his fault at all. And comming to canceling the driver's and the pso's license is stupid too.
I met my friend today and he told me the whole story. While the fight took place the mob consisting of around 20 people that was collected by the indica driver being his village were throwing stones AND bricks. Even the PSO was INJURED. His chest has a deep cut his ankel and thumb are badly injured too. In this thread people arent trying to understand the story but trying to put the bmw guy at fault. I dont think its fault that hes rich and has to keep a PSO for security. The gun was shot because the mob went out of hand and werent stopping. And some papers also said that he was chased for 10kms before being caught, Instead it was him who went to the police checkpost to ask for security and co-operated with them thereon. I dont think what was done was wrong. Any person who is getting beaten up would try to save himself be it rich or poor. I guess the PSO did his duty well and shouldnt be questioned. Hope you people try to understand the story and not the media. Cause media hypes things up. This is being shared with you just to make you see the true story and make believe of that rather than utter lies by the media.

AND THE DRIVER WAS DRIVING,there was no instication by the kid.JUST SELF DEFENCE..thankyou
Just a few small questions, why were the two cars stopped there at all? How did the incident start? You have been very loquacious in describing the violence, however, who instigated it? I refuse to believe that either your friend or the other individual decided to randomly stop in the middle of the road and start a fight.
teknophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 08:39   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

I thought locals came in handy in an accident situation, ofcourse, to loot the dead and the injured(most times). Now this is a new fad. See imported vehicles, stone 'em.
Don't know what sadistic pleasure they derive in doing this. This is disgusting.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:19   #68
BHPian
 
BenjiRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 563
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Let's leave the child out of this discussion please.
I'm sure he is stressed out and likely to be stunned by the incident and does not deserve any criticism. I have several friends whose parents are in positions that need security for the whole family.

About the adults fighting it clearly needs to be found out:
- What started the incident. Road rage? Ego clash? Gang war? Genuine threat or planned attack?
- What exactly led to the shooting? Why shoot at the car rather than in the air?

The media has obviously been misled to some extent.
-
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:14   #69
BHPian
 
kroniq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The fight was started by the indica guy who stopped the bmw guy, as the media has put it that they were racing is utterly incorrect. The indica was on a crossing and the bmw zoomed past them, i dont know for what reason (nor does my friend sitting in the car) the indica stopped them and started abusin the PSO after that the indica guy slapped him which reulted in the fight. Noone really knows if it was planned or not. The mob that was collected by the indica guy started throwing stones and bricks. When it broke the window of the bmw the PSO started firing as my friend was inside and the villagers were insticating him to step out. A fire was shot in the air after that they hit the PSO with the brick injuring him, so just to scare the people he shot at the car. The indica guy wasnt near the car and nor was he tried to kill. What i really dont understand is a pso with a A license wont ever miss his aim.

Something that the media dint tell you guys. After my friend was caught by the cops,he wasnt allowed to make a call to anyone for 3 hours that is against the law and he was juveniele. Think how the parents were getting paranoid when they couldnt get thru to him as his phone was with the cops and his PSO's and drivers phone were off. We located him by the news which is so disturbing. I think the media should also HIGHLIGHT the torture the police made him and his family go thru.
kroniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:22   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default

I would like to seriously disappoint you too on this front. I was taught and got my licence in 1977 when I joined my 1st year of college and was allowed to drive only with the driver accompanying on the passenger seat. We had 4 cars then in the household.

As recently as last year my son who turned 20, was enrolled in a driving school to learn driving, got his licence and is only allowed to drive when I'm in the vehicle.

If you say all have done it, then barring me I would like to blame the parents of each and every one for allowing to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Lastly about Delhi and underage driving, well seriously sorry to disappoint but we've all done it. Therefore I'd hate to say much about that being part of that whole thing.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:41   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If you say all have done it, then barring me I would like to blame the parents of each and every one for allowing to do this...
Whoa there, gd! Guilty until proved innocent, eh?!
Me too! I am same same as you! My daughters did not get to be in the driver's seat till they turned 18 and attended the AAUI classes till they passed the driving test.
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:32   #72
BHPian
 
Perakath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 259
Thanked: 28 Times
Default +1 Kroniq

I have to say Kroniq's version of events sounds completely believable. More so than press reports, which are well known to have inaccuracies, sometimes going so far as to say exactly the opposite of what was said to the reporter. (Personal experiences.)

In any case Kroniq is a T-BHPian, and I feel we should offer him the benefit of the doubt instead of grilling him as if he were a witness in court and us the public prosecutors. As Wikipedia says, 'Assume good faith.'


Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Guys plz stop giving judgemetns on stories by media. They might be just stories. May not be sharing sides with either party, but one cannot really say who's fault it was, all depends on the circumstances. Could it be that the kid is being framed because he was riding in a BMW? Would it be possible that he would be in a similar position if he were in a car other than a BMW?


Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
By the way, if it was a newspaper, the headline would have gone something like "man shot by youth in BMW" or so. Since this is team-bhp, it goes thus; "BMW occupant shoots at Indica"

Last edited by Perakath : 1st April 2009 at 16:33. Reason: Removing excess smilies.
Perakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:55   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 1,156 Times
Default

In India(maybe elsewhere in the world too) we have something called as trial by media followed by trial by public lastly followed by trial by courts. It does not really matter what judgement the courts pass because its a few-many years before one gets there. But prior to that you either get raped and butchered by the media and the public(society) then hangs you.
In a nation of so many people with so many news channels with so many journos and reporters to make their mark, stories get turned and twisted until you cant figure how to untie the knots. Just look at news channels on primetime of otherwise fighting for a slice of news. News which just butchered someones self respect, someones life and someones happiness.
There certainly is some good done by them too, but there needs to be some media censorship at some point.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 13:28   #74
BHPian
 
speed0mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: new delhi
Posts: 463
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Well, do anyone have the complete picture? I mean why this chasing/shooting started? No, I'm not saying that what the BMW guys did was acceptable but I just want to know what exactly happened. Unless someone is a psycho killer no-one will shoot another person without anything else happening. So there must be a other side of the story and we know how our media is. They always hype up the news.


Oh yeah? And welcome to the jungle-raj. Do we think a bit before posting into the forum? Is it sensible to think about such kind of punishment? There is something called Law of the land I guess.
well just got to know that this boy is someone known to my family his father was friends with my father. well the family is very well off, and not justifying the actions but just portraying their side of the story,

The boy claims to have not gotten into the brawl at all, the guard says he shot in the air first to scare away the mob that had started pelting stones at the car that the boy was sitting in, when that failed he shot at the empty indica.

well its really sad to see such state of affairs on our roads.

But what bothers me more is the media trial, i mean if a truck driver runs over 20 guys, he gets away (runs off to another city) but just because Mr. Nanda was driving a BMW his case becomes a big hype and we all stereotype all RICH people!

Not saying that he shouldn't be punished or what he did was right but the law should be uniform for all!
Salman khan is implicated for killing a black buck but we haven't heard of even 1 poacher being arrested for killing a tiger!

Thats what bothers me, and thats how this case will also become. Sad that in our country being rich is a curse!!
Nobody believes that a man could have earned his money and yet is a nice guy,
Its almost like the 80s-90s bollywood villains where they earn money through smuggling, drugs,etc etc and their sons are nothing but rowdy rapist gangsters! lol
On a serious note im sure that was one of the reasons for the indica driver getting irritated and people joining him.

The family of the boy is quite a respectable one. don't know the boy have met him just twice, once on his 1st b'day and once when he was about 10! so don't know if he's like one of the typical arrogant snobbish kids of well to do fathers that we all imagine but The father is a thorough gentleman and am sure he's not the kind of person who'd support this kind of behavior, feel sorry for him to have face this :(

Well getting back to this case, the boy has got bail, also because i think he's just 17 years old. Don't know about the guard and driver.

Last edited by speed0mania : 10th April 2009 at 13:33.
speed0mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 14:31   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,079
Thanked: 251 Times
Default

Speed, I appreciate the way you have put it.
We, as the lay public, hardly know what to believe in these cases.
I suspect it has more to do with our national hang-ups and degenerate conditioning, as you are saying!
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPM shoots up when clutch depressed rao_battula Technical Stuff 83 27th September 2016 15:28
Can Engine RPM/Speed shoots up automatically in AT vehicle shaktideep Technical Stuff 6 22nd February 2011 16:39
Crashed Lancer, Occupant dead. autopsyche Street Experiences 29 19th December 2007 13:18
RPM shoots up... gkrishn Technical Stuff 11 21st July 2005 23:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks