Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 15th April 2009, 10:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, if we keep on posting photos every rear-end accident or any accident in India, then the bandwidth would soon exceed all the world's available bandwidth!!!
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:34   #47
BHPian

I am posting a scan copy of the estimates I got from the dealer for the repair job.
@vasudeva , so true!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda city – Rear ended!!-city.jpg  

Last edited by netarchie : 15th April 2009 at 10:35.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

There is usually a significant difference between the initial estimate (usually inflated) and the final bill. This usually does not affect the claimant. From the costs in the above, it looks reasonable (at least for paint).
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:59   #49
BANNED

Guys,

Like I said it usually costs a max of 4k to paint a panel. There are exceptions to this however and the cost mentioned is a indicative cost associated to almost all cars except the ones that have real expensive paint jobs(read as pearl, 2 stage/3stage) or the car is exceptionally large like a limo etc.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 11:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Netarchie, sorry to hear about this man. Don't know what it is with some women that they try to cover up & turn the tables when they are clearly at fault. Good luck - I hope you manage to get the address from Sai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Netarchie, you didn't think of giving chase? It wouldn't have struck me in the heat of the moment either.
Perakath, I don't think you read the full thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I did chase the car for some time and managed to get her no. and showing hand signs all the while to stop her car, but she fled anyways jumping signals and all.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 22:47   #51
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Guys,

Like I said it usually costs a max of 4k to paint a panel. There are exceptions to this however and the cost mentioned is a indicative cost associated to almost all cars except the ones that have real expensive paint jobs(read as pearl, 2 stage/3stage) or the car is exceptionally large like a limo etc.

Viper
2.5k per panel is the going rate at Chennai
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 23:45   #52
BHPian

If the police is not registering go to your advocate friend and lodge case and send a notice to the lady that would be sufficient for her. She would plead and give the money as well .
Any notice from a court can shake anyone , and that too a lady unless she is a gangster.
You can lodge a case against Police for not registering your case.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:50   #53
BHPian

Quick update, I got my car yesterday evening, had to shell out 5000/- from my pocket as my liability towards the total repair cost. Job done by the dealer people was perfect.

One positive out of this was I got my reverse sensors painted to the car color (that is how it is supposed to be) which somehow was overlooked by me at the time it was installed.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:17   #54
BHPian

Congrats on getting the babe back, i hope the satisfaction level for the service is way way high , and i wish a troublefree experience with your car.
Drive safe
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

good to hear that the car is back and is as beautiful.

Share the pics please.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update, I got my car yesterday evening, had to shell out 5000/- from my pocket as my liability towards the total repair cost. Job done by the dealer people was perfect.
5000 is too much

I paid 10K for the work estimate of 64000, which included both bumper changed, 2 tyres changes 2 alloys changes and alot of more things changed.
and good amount of denting/penting.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:34   #57
BHPian

congrats man! good to hear that she is back. post some pics of the rear section.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 21:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happened yesterday night around 10:00 P.m., while returning back home from chembur to navi Mumbai, I was waiting at the signal to turn green, when suddenly a swift collides me from the back. Fumingly I walked towards the car, a lady was at the wheels, completely non-apologetic and tells me some stupid reason of someone braking suddenly and all crap which made no sense.

Traffic was not much, visibility was clear, my car was stationary and still this!!

I told her to wait there when I realized that I had kept my car door open and my mobile and wallet were just lying there, so went quickly to close the door. Seeing this, the lady coolly drove away. She just fled in spite me telling her to stop her car! Not a single sign of remorse on her face, not a single word of apology!! Over and above she just fled the scene. I can’t understand what kind of low life this female could be??

I thought I could get hold of the swift near anushaktinagr or the vashi highway where the police usually use barricades at that time and the traffic is slow, but I was out of luck. I tried calling 100, where I was told I should register with the Chembur police station!

Anyways I managed to get the number of the car MH 06 R 9486, it was a silver colored swift, heavy black tint on all glass, sai service was written on the rear glass.

The rear bumper and the boot door has a big dent and the boot is not closing properly. Will be taking the car tomorrow to the dealer to get it repaired

Posting pics of the damages.
Dear brother you noted down the regd no. as MH 06 you must be aware that all these out of mumbai registred vehicles have mostly bogus addresses these RTO'S in vashi,thane,uran,pen,panvel,alibaug etc have this practice of registering new vehicles without any concrete address proof by charging small additional amount 'HIGHEST CORRUPT RTO'S IN INDIA' IN SHORT YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE ON ROAD AND RUN AWAY IF YOU ARE STAYING IN ANDHERI AND YOUR ADDRESS ON RC BOOK WILL BE URAN how the police will get you. Lately I have heard that lately these RTO'S need something like PERMANANT ADDRESS which is true address along with bogus address .
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 00:01   #59
BHPian

It's really sad that you got your ANHC rear ended by a total jerk netarchie. I hope you manage to track her down and take stern action against her. I know how hard you must be feeling on seeing your dear car in this state. All the best!
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 18:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry about your accident netarchie. Hope you have the car back in shape with you.

I had a similar experience, I was waiting at a crossing in Delhi, when an Innova rammed into my Zen from the back. Broke off bits from the bumper and one of the tail lights. The guy said his brakes failed, although they worked perfectly when I tried them. He was a driver and called the owner who gave me 400 bucks. :|
He went off saying 'tum toh student ho, itna kaafi hoga'.

Do tell us what happened to the whole issue!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote