Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th April 2009, 15:52   #1
BHPian

Default My Honda city – Rear ended!!

This happened yesterday night around 10:00 P.m., while returning back home from chembur to navi Mumbai, I was waiting at the signal to turn green, when suddenly a swift collides me from the back. Fumingly I walked towards the car, a lady was at the wheels, completely non-apologetic and tells me some stupid reason of someone braking suddenly and all crap which made no sense.

Traffic was not much, visibility was clear, my car was stationary and still this!!

I told her to wait there when I realized that I had kept my car door open and my mobile and wallet were just lying there, so went quickly to close the door. Seeing this, the lady coolly drove away. She just fled in spite me telling her to stop her car! Not a single sign of remorse on her face, not a single word of apology!! Over and above she just fled the scene. I can’t understand what kind of low life this female could be??

I thought I could get hold of the swift near anushaktinagr or the vashi highway where the police usually use barricades at that time and the traffic is slow, but I was out of luck. I tried calling 100, where I was told I should register with the Chembur police station!

Anyways I managed to get the number of the car MH 06 R 9486, it was a silver colored swift, heavy black tint on all glass, sai service was written on the rear glass.

The rear bumper and the boot door has a big dent and the boot is not closing properly. Will be taking the car tomorrow to the dealer to get it repaired

Posting pics of the damages.
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda city – Rear ended!!-12042009118.jpg  

Attached Images

netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 16:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Do file an FIR - you might need it if you are going to claim insurance.

Looks bad. Let's look on the bright side - nobody got hurt.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 16:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

how much damage did the swift take? given the swift's flimsy build, she should have taken a good hit as well
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 17:01   #4
BHPian

I did a small search but Mumbai does not seem to have the sort of Motor Vehicles Department website, where we can just enter a license number and get the address. Kerala has such a website and it works too
You should be able to find out the address by asking Sai Service politely. Dont forget to file the FIR.
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 17:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about this episode---what is happening, boss? I could not have imagined a lady being so unethical!
Fix the car and fix the lady too with an FIR---not that I have much faith in the law.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 17:36   #6
BHPian

File a FIR. Its a Hit and Run case. And there is a criminal criminal punishment for that apart from the fine. Get hold of her address and ask her to pay for the damages or be ready to face the court. Get hold of a lawyer and send her a Notice. That would be enough to get her attention.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 18:35   #7
oss
BHPian

That looks really bad; on the brighter side this looks tougher than the NHC which would have completely lost the rear shape (not trying to start a debate here).

As far the FIR, i am sure it will help in pushing this person to come out and pay up. Someone who did even had the courtesy to comeout check the damage he/she caused, should not be let-off so easily. Teach her a lesson on road manners.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 18:51   #8
BHPian

So what happened to the swift.Since you car took this much hit,the swift must have took more hit.

So did you file a FIR and as srijit said, there is a site for the MVD in kerala.May be there will some sort of information available for you there.You could ask around the MVD there.

So are you going for a claim or just repairing it.

You may also need to check the lower part of the rear bumper,for any other damage which are not visible.
jithudigitised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 18:55   #9
BHPian

bad luck man. Once a girl who was talking on her hands free riding an activa rammed into the back of wagon r that was slowing down at a roundabout. She was easliy doing over 35kmh while we were all doing about 15kmh going by the sound of the hit and damage to my car and her 2 wheeler. Worst thing was I helped her to her feet, got her some first aid for the bruises and waited till her friend came over to pick her her up as she was shaken pretty bad by the hit, and despit al that I had to followup with threats of police complaints to her dad and fiance for over a week to get the car repaired. It was so dam frustrating
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 19:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident.

It is good that you have swift's number with you.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:01   #11
BHPian

this is real sad mate!c
this is the worst thing that can happen. somebody banging into a stationary car. i also had a same kind of incident last night.
hope she gets back to shape soon.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I did a small search but Mumbai does not seem to have the sort of Motor Vehicles Department website, where we can just enter a license number and get the address. Kerala has such a website and it works too
You should be able to find out the address by asking Sai Service politely. Dont forget to file the FIR.
For the better our MVD website will not work that way anymore. Now you will have to enter the registration number and the engine number if you want any details of a vehicle. I say it's for the better since the earlier setup was a major privacy loophole!
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Uhh no.

You can search by registration number or chassis number.

And the facility is by the RTI Act. It's not like the MVD felt the need to make the web interface, put all the data online and keep it up to date because they felt like doing that work.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone said - file a hit and run case. People like this must be taught a lesson - regardless of the gender!

If you want to get really nasty get yourself admitted to any hospital ... PM me for the rest
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:44   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Uhh no.

You can search by registration number or chassis number.

And the facility is by the RTI Act. It's not like the MVD felt the need to make the web interface, put all the data online and keep it up to date because they felt like doing that work.
Yes it works :( I just checked. But i wonder why it wasn't working few days back when i checked from office.

Sorry for going OT.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote