Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2010, 19:38   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Car might have belonged to a T-BHP member who might have sold it off. One never knows.
Anyway that doesn't bring T-BHP a bad name. It only brings the driver a bad name.
you're wrong. next time someone sees a Team-BHP sticker on any of the member's rides, they're gonna assume they too are equally rash drivers! for example, when folks in Bangalore see a S.R.S Travels cab, they know they're rash drivers. t-bhp stickered cars will soon enter such a state if this continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
Still when I see a Car with a Team-bhp sticker I always feel proud. After reading Velu's post anybody who spots a car with Team-bhp will think its owned by someone in Team-bhp. By that means Velu would have mentioned that its a bad name for team-bhp.

I think its time for all team bhpians to pledge "We Obey Traffic Rules"
i brought this up a while back and didn't get any favorable responses. i also had suggested that the stickers be sold only to members and not just anybody, but that too was shot down. anyways, if the community itself isn't bothered, then what the heck!
Old 30th July 2010, 19:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Is it supposed to be funny? Be practical guys. A tbhp sticker on the car doesnt guarantee sane or disciplined driving. Similarly being a tbhpian doesnt means that you will drive sane and disciplined. There will always be exceptions.
The whole point is precisely what the post indicates. We're proud of being members of Team-BHP, and I'm sure most of us will do our best to live up to the high standards set by the forum when in our vehicles (stickers or not). Clean, well driven and Superbly maintained vehicles.

Seeing someone drive like that, endangering not only themselves but others on the road while "sporting" a forum sticker just angered me. And if this person is a member, that was also my way of letting them know what I think of their driving.

Last edited by VeluM : 30th July 2010 at 19:41. Reason: the.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:57   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Here's my experience with another moronic driver sporting the forums stickers.
mate you should just nudged them over to the divider! brings out the demon in me when i see such scoundrels!
Old 5th August 2010, 12:10   #109
BHPian

Just now i.e. @10:45 AM spotted a 2nd Gen Honda City (Green grey) with multiple Team-BHP stickers on trunk near wakad flyover.

He was probably practicing to outpace Schumacher; was driving very rashly. He almost knocked my left rear view mirror but missed by mm's.
No signals for lane changeovers, putting his nose whereever finds gap. I hope he is not Team-BHP member; if he is then he should read this post. Simply BAD Driving!!!
Old 5th August 2010, 21:25   #110
BHPian

Spotted a Silver Ford Ikon
TN - blahblah - 7405
With the "Live to Drive" sticker passing through Manapakkam in Chennai.

I think you won't live long the way you drive

Sad to say but of late cars with t-bhp stickers driving pathetically has become a common sight. Please leave the stickers or better yet your car behind if you can't drive

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 5th August 2010 at 21:29.
Old 7th August 2010, 07:58   #111
BHPian

Just being a team-BHPian doesnt make one a good driver or a good human being. It is just like thinking that every person who holds a DL is a good driver.
Old 7th August 2010, 09:12   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Just being a team-BHPian doesnt make one a good driver or a good human being. It is just like thinking that every person who holds a DL is a good driver.
With a small difference though - Having a DL is mandatory if you want to drive while being a TBhpian is out of one's own interest !
Old 29th September 2010, 22:03   #113
BHPian

Default Grammar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Its a shame on the skoda guy.I always drive consciously as i have a struck Tbhp sticker.

May be one of the Tbhp members gave it to their friends as there are 10 of them.

But i really irritates us when some one drives rash with our road sense.Even yesterday i encountered such a guy in fiesta.He was driving like nonsense in the busy mount roads peak hour traffic.

BUT WHAT CAN WE DO??
I think the correct word in the first line should be Conscientiously instead of consciously. I guess everybody will suffer from a severe case of the 'jumpimg Heebee jeebee's' should people drive unconsciously.

Note from Team-Bhp Support: Kindly do not copy-paste text from a word processor (e.g. MS Word), it results in formatting tags(like ) being included in the post. Use the team-bhp "New Reply" or "Quick Reply" features to post.

Last edited by Amartya : 29th September 2010 at 22:17. Reason: Used external text editor, had formatting tags.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
I think the correct word in the first line should be Conscientiously instead of consciously. I guess everybody will suffer from a severe case of the 'jumpimg Heebee jeebee's' should people drive unconsciously.
@noidea, if you think that was a good joke then it wasn't.
Please get the inference/emotion of what is meant in the post and not the word play.
This thread is a serious thread with many frustrated people posting their experiences about probable fellow BHPians who definately need to improve driving. We as TBHPians are more worried about the accidents they may induce on others for no fault of theirs.

BTW, You have got a right handle, "no idea" where to pass a joke.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:44   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
Jassi, my understanding is that the inner ring road is a 60kmph zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
as I was going at 60, which is the speed limit on the ORR.
Is it only me who feels the speed limit is 80 KMPH? Isn't it?

Also, guys this thread is not for your to "judge" whether the person was driving rash or not. It is for unwelcomed experience. IMO you can't say if someone was driving rash. Some people think driving slow is bad and some thing fast.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:02   #116
BHPian

The speed limit on Bangalore's Outer Ring Roads is mostly 60 kph. It is 50 kph at some places - watch out for the tiny boards indicating the speed limit.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

it is usually a good practice to follow to remove all personal stickers and identification marks from a vehicle before selling it on.

like office block parking stickers, club membership stickers, apartment building stickers, school stickers and any other recognizable personalized things by which people you know recognize your vehicle.

Just because a chap has a DL and/ or is a member of AA or TBHP or any such body, doesn't automatically mean that he is a good driver or has good manners or common road courtesy or knows the road rules etc.

We all know that the mere possession of a DL in India, means very little indeed. Shameful and sad yes, but being a developing country, with the larger majority of our countrymen, road rules, good road manners and common courtesy are not yet priorities like they are in developed countries.

Like someone recently said - "Patience and Good Manners etc are the virtues and luxuries of a Developed Society, not a Developing one". In the context of current day India - this is apparently true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Car might have belonged to a T-BHP member who might have sold it off. One never knows.
Anyway that doesn't bring T-BHP a bad name. It only brings the driver a bad name.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:47   #118
BHPian

Dear BHPians,
Even before i joined BHP I was a very disciplined driver and paid for it twice by having my boot rammed in because I stopped at the lights, I have been abused on many occasions for following traffic rules in Bangalore but ignored the stupidity of an uncouth person. Ever since I am sporting the stickers my resolve has deepened that I should in no way bring disrepute to the stickers i wear- trust me i give them the same pride of place I gave my Olive Green i wore for 30 years. Yes, pre stickers days i missed out on cleaning my car for a week but nowadys its washed every week and toweled down everyday. I agree with you all -wearing a sticker does not make you well mannered on the roads. It has to be inculcated in oneself.

Regards,

Col J H Mayne
Old 11th October 2010, 16:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
it is usually a good practice to follow to remove all personal stickers and identification marks from a vehicle before selling it on.
+1 to that. It may even cause security problems at times as the new owner may try to get access on the basis of stickers.

I am also of the opinion that the sticker has anything to do with driving capability. Infact, being a TBhpian also does not mean that the member is a good driver.

Moreover, sighting a sticker on car does not prove that the driver is a TBHPian.
Old 12th October 2010, 16:07   #120
Senior - BHPian

Default B'Lore TEAMBHPIIAN nearly runs me off the road!!

Yes, This is true.

Last evening on the way back home from work, near Leela palace i saw this Black Dicor EX 2.2 with teambhp stickers on it. I was driving on the right lane of Leela palace going towards Old airport road.
There was another teambhp Golden hondacity in front of me.
looked to the left and there was this black Dicor. the lane was as usual jam packed and i was in my lane following the honda.

For no apparent reason, once the road cleared up a little the Dicor took off, cut sharply in front of me and nearly side swiped two 2wheelers, one of which was being ridden by a lady.
The whole way till he crossed airport road he was driving in a very harsh manner and nearly side swiped me twice. After that second time, i started to keep my distance from him.

But whatever said and done this is not a manner for a teambhpiian to behave.

You could have caused a lot of damage and injuries. if you have the teambhp sticker and are part of this forum then on and off the forum please behave as per the rules.

I have pics but will put it up only if the owner does now own up on this place and apologise for driving like a complete madman.
Closed Thread