Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 16:07   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Suman,as I said earlier my reasoning is nothing to do with the person being a Tbhp member or known to me but on account of the personal flaming, may be you are right, since in this case there are people who have taken both sides and some personally as well the flaming seem to have crossed the threshold hence my reason for locking this thread.

I can always be a passive spectator in this thread, which I intend to do rather than contribute my bit to the chaos. Case rested.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 18:06   #152
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,430
Thanked: 1,678 Times
Default

Well Adman, in my world of straight talk, 'for example only' means just that. If it means something else in your world (maybe the ad world??), then that's not my problem!

I fabricated an extreme example just to drive the point home and I am sure something like that has happened many times over. I included the 'sloshed' part because many celebrities have recently got involved with running over people when they are high. I included the bald tires part because many cabbies dont take care of tires and brakes.

The 'double the speed limit' and the 'bald tires/shot brakes' part was also 'for example only' but your rebuttal seems to be hinting otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
AFAIK, the tests have confirmed that he was not driving drunk. So did you get some insider information on this? Please let us know. It's speculations like these that need to be stopped. Oh, and you are a moderator. At least you should stay away from spreading such rumours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Dude, even i can see that he has said for example only. But the other facts in the so called "example", such as 'drive at double the speed limit with a car that has bald tires and worn out brakes in the dead of the night without working headlights' bear a really uncanny resemblance to the real facts involving the said accident. And, as you must have noticed, people have a habit of taking things at face value. So, even if you are giving "examples", please give them responsibly.

Last edited by Mpower : 21st May 2009 at 18:53.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 18:38   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Sorry for asking. What has happened to the driver. Is he out on bail?
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 19:11   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

@ R32_GTR

Buddy we all want this thread to be closed. But now its a question of EGO's, Hatred, and alot of other things.
Although people might want to know the outcome of this thread iam sure the parties are not going to declare it here. They dont need to. and really they dont care.
The others can keep discussing and discussing the same topic over and over again.

Last edited by danlalan : 21st May 2009 at 19:12.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 19:15   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

That is exactly why I had asked if the person is out on bail, as I can see this thread has gone off topic too.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 19:23   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,333
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Buddy, please go through the thread and see the picture of the car on page 1. The car was a 'work in progress' and the above facts have been discussed extensively.
Hey, I don't see any pictures on page 1?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 20:24   #157
BHPian
 
adman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Well Adman, in my world of straight talk, 'for example only' means just that. If it means something else in your world (maybe the ad world??), then that's not my problem!

I fabricated an extreme example just to drive the point home and I am sure something like that has happened many times over. I included the 'sloshed' part because many celebrities have recently got involved with running over people when they are high. I included the bald tires part because many cabbies dont take care of tires and brakes.
Oh! I'm so sorry Mpower. I lost my "read between the lines glasses". Sorry for that.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 21:30   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,998
Thanked: 658 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hey, I don't see any pictures on page 1?
here is the photo, posted originally by DocG:
link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1308782-post111.html
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 21:38   #159
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,430
Thanked: 1,678 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Oh! I'm so sorry Mpower. I lost my "read between the lines glasses". Sorry for that.
No problem. We've all done some crazy things when we were young and unfortunately for Mihir , this ended badly.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:20   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,568
Thanked: 80,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Buddy we all want this thread to be closed.
For the final time : If you wish to request moderator action, the right way to do it is via the "report this post" feature.

Quote:
But now its a question of EGO's, Hatred, and alot of other things.
I take it you are speaking for your own self? Most people who have commented here have never met the driver, and don't even know him from a fly on the wall.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:59   #161
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Point being, these idiots on the road will usually be at fault because they are illiterate and have no road sense but, people like us are the ones that bear the brunt of it all because we are richer than them. I'm not saying that they are always at fault.
Actually to be quite honest I would like to say people like these are ALWAYS at fault. Have seen countless accidents, been in some. Never seen a place where there are people who carefully cross the road, park properly, use indicators while changing lanes and I could go on and on and on.

Talking about double standards and law? Each and everyone here I know this will whip out their cellphone and dial their closest connected relative if in a sticky spot. The worst part is when saying things like so they act smug and thats the icing on the cake because in their hearts of hearts they know what they would resort to if they face a similar situation.

I completely agree with the person withholding information for the time being, he might have his reasons but that doesn't mean we should go mad season on him? Lets say if any of the prominent mods/posters here had a accident and they want the legal stuff to be sorted out before coming here and talking about it. I dont think I can say that their decision is wrong.

There are many things that could happen, you dont have to be doing 200 to kill someone, the chap might be even doing 40 and testing 0-40 who knows? If he would have posted in the MODS section about his cars I am sure all the people with the law books would actually taken out their kiss my rear books. Because of so many people bashing the guy I am forced to take his side. I have faced similar situations just because I appeared richer and in a better car. Heck I cant even tell you the amount of times I've crashed to save the damn kid running across the road! Where is my justice then? Who will compensate me?

I know its sad that there is loss of life, I hope that God gives strength to the deceased's family. Its fate, dont judge the chap because some people here like him or know him. Heck I like those guys because they are doing something for the racing community, how many of the critics here would devote their time and money for the same. Sure if you're in a exotic you have a right to have a little attitude. But from what I read the guy is a real nice chap. I mean who wouldnt run? I have a incident to narrate with pictures *graphic* can it be posted here? Ill show the real live incident with picture and show you how people (bystanders) can kill people who were driving vehicles involved in accidents. I will be eagerly waiting for the whole thing to unfold.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:19   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For the final time : If you wish to request moderator action, the right way to do it is via the "report this post" feature.



I take it you are speaking for your own self? Most people who have commented here have never met the driver, and don't even know him from a fly on the wall.
We'll yea maybe i think ill do that.


If i were speaking about myself i would have said so aryush. SOME people may not know but ALOT of them know who Mihir is. Do you..???
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:38   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,275
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Talking about double standards and law? Each and everyone here I know this will whip out their cellphone and dial their closest connected relative if in a sticky spot. The worst part is when saying things like so they act smug and thats the icing on the cake because in their hearts of hearts they know what they would resort to if they face a similar situation..
Agreed! Everyone would call their most connected friend/relative first so that they can bail out/save themseleves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
There are many things that could happen, you dont have to be doing 200 to kill someone, the chap might be even doing 40 and testing 0-40 who knows? If he would have posted in the MODS section about his cars I am sure all the people with the law books would actually taken out their kiss my rear books. Because of so many people bashing the guy I am forced to take his side. I have faced similar situations just because I appeared richer and in a better car. Heck I cant even tell you the amount of times I've crashed to save the damn kid running across the road! Where is my justice then? Who will compensate me? ..
0 to 40 ? I thought he was driving a nissan and not a luna!common man, Killing a cyclist, banging a rick and greviously injuring the rick driver would definately need more than double of 40! When you are defending someone, atleast dont neglect the facts.News papers say 100+ speeds and i ll go with them like the other members as the damage proves it! You would not be taking his side if any of your known people god forbiden were involved in the getting hurt/killed part!
You saved the darn kid, to save yourself from falling into deep trouble if something were to happen to him/her and yes i too belong to the same category ! Material damage can be repaired!


Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I know its sad that there is loss of life, I hope that God gives strength to the deceased's family. Its fate, dont judge the chap because some people here like him or know him. Heck I like those guys because they are doing something for the racing community, how many of the critics here would devote their time and money for the same. Sure if you're in a exotic you have a right to have a little attitude. But from what I read the guy is a real nice chap. I mean who wouldnt run? I have a incident to narrate with pictures *graphic* can it be posted here? Ill show the real live incident with picture and show you how people (bystanders) can kill people who were driving vehicles involved in accidents. I will be eagerly waiting for the whole thing to unfold.
Rofl @ its fate!
I sure hope u would say the same and let it pass if you knew deceased!
They are doing something for the racing community because they LIKE RACING and have the resources aka moolah for it!
Everyone here would devote their time and money for it, if we had any of it in the first place!

Agree on the running part! but i dont agree here with people taking his side! He goofed up is the right choice of words as someone said rather than siding with him!
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:57   #164
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 805
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

This is a general comment and please don't take it personally.

After seeing many of my closest relatives and friends getting involved in accidents, (many of them being absolutely freak accidents with near disastrous consequences), I've learnt that there is no point in showing one upmanship by bashing or defending somebody, either the drivers or pedestrians in such incidents.

Today, if I bash someone, who knows, tomorrow I myself maybe involved on the either side in a similar situation. It's not that facts shouldn't be discussed, but it is necessary that our emotions shouldn't take control over substance.

I see this accident as a collective failure. As per the law, one person maybe right and the other maybe wrong, but holistically speaking, this is a failure of the entire system.

1. Cyclists and pedestrians are still a neglected lot in the Indian scene. Those who have used a cycle for commuting will agree with me.
2. There are no proper bicycle lanes or pavements. Those available are already being encroached upon.
3. We have faster cars but the roads are not improving at the same rate.
4. No matter how good or bad a person's driving skills are perceived to be, we still don't have proper driver training system which tell us how to handle sticky situations like these. Are the skills learnt while driving a rickety 800 be entirely useful while driving a 150+ bhp sedan let alone a 500+ bhp supercar?
5. First-aid and emergency response are terms which still sound like science fiction in India.

We had so many threads of similar nature in the past. Have we ever discussed the fundamental reasons which let these accidents happen in the first place? No! We are too busy defending or accusing someone. As the cliche goes, let the law take its own course.

Let's be honest. Almost all of us love to floor the pedal, once in a while, if not everytime. The thing that we all must have learnt that after reading about this incident: we should be a tad more careful from now on when behind the wheel irrespective of what speeds we are doing.

If we do follow this, the purpose of the thread is served, otherwise tomorrow there will be another accident and again the bashing-defending saga will continue.

P.S. - I am neither related to the accused nor to the victim in any way.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 23rd May 2009 at 00:01.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:34   #165
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 979
Thanked: 1,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
0 to 40 ? I thought he was driving a nissan and not a luna!common man, Killing a cyclist, banging a rick and greviously injuring the rick driver would definately need more than double of 40! When you are defending someone, atleast dont neglect the facts.News papers say 100+ speeds and i ll go with them like the other members as the damage proves it! You would not be taking his side if any of your known people god forbiden were involved in the getting hurt/killed part!
You saved the darn kid, to save yourself from falling into deep trouble if something were to happen to him/her and yes i too belong to the same category ! Material damage can be repaired!

Rofl @ its fate!
I sure hope u would say the same and let it pass if you knew deceased!
They are doing something for the racing community because they LIKE RACING and have the resources aka moolah for it!
Everyone here would devote their time and money for it, if we had any of it in the first place!

Agree on the running part! but i dont agree here with people taking his side! He goofed up is the right choice of words as someone said rather than siding with him!
You dont know that for sure, as far as I can make out the bumper wasnt there when the car was bring driven. So if it wasnt there I dont see the intercooler and everything busted up. The car was in progress and I am sure anyone would have taken it easy. And trust me friend most of the people with loads of time and moolah who have these machines dont treat them like crap. If you call cars a passion I am sure you would take out requisite time and spend enough money on them. Its different for everyone so lets not get there. I am hellish sure the guy must be suddenly crossing the road and totally came in his path or something because thats the utterly most common reason for accidents in India. So instead of people giving gyaan bhashaan on what the country should do and not over here and living a different lift on the road concentrate on basic facts.

I feel India is one of the most dangerous countries to drive in PERIOD. Its a free for all here, so quite frankly I understood this in my first two years of driving that just abiding by the rules and being safe driver isnt enough. You gotta be a defensive driver at the same time. Kinda like the funda of being street smart. Again lets not get there because we all know the situation and we all live it everyday. Even many elderly and respected members here who have spend their lives abroad and are living here face a tough time just avoiding all the fools on the road. Being safe and following rules is double whammy!

I avoided the kid, cow and the *** clown who thought it was totally alrght to jump on the road and cross it in front of a parked bus. I will never feel sorry for these fools, I have suffered enough and so have a lot of friends. And like you so naively mentioned have lost some as well due to the sheer negligence of these "poor chaps" on the roads. Never again. I am not being inhuman. I am being totally human, other's safety is secondary now. Me and my family are no 1 prioroty when on the road. Its a battle zone out there and people talking about cycle tracks and other noble ideas should wake up and smell the coffee.

Again like I asked before I have no idea but I would like to start a thread with first hand experences on this with pictures as well. So instead of everyone being politically correct by ending their posts by saying "I dont know the guy but blah blah" lets try and be realistic and wish a fellow t-bhpian and speedy recovery and hope he gets out of the mess asap. And believe you me. If he is at fault he will face the wrath but its quite unwarrented now in any form whatsoever to bash a guy you know nothing about. I mean the fellow members here who know they guy are taking his side right? They know what happened and he must surely not be at complete fault otherwise they wouldnt have backed him up. Show some love guys.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes S-Class Accident : Owner dead, Airbag doesn't activate and Court orders FIR markmytravel Street Experiences 158 14th November 2014 22:01
Ameya and Mihir share the spoils at VW Polo R Cup Round 3 DukeNukem Indian Motorsport 0 27th August 2012 12:51
Another Tavera Accident - 6 dead irdevanand Street Experiences 5 29th December 2006 02:31
Another bad accident on Nelson Mandela Marg - 1 dead, 5 injured suman Street Experiences 19 22nd December 2006 22:26
Horrific accident in ECR (Chennai) - 10 dead tifosikrishna Street Experiences 10 18th December 2006 09:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks