Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 10:36   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

@Spit Fire, dude do you have any personal gruges with Mihir???

if you dont know the whole story then just dont put your view in very blunt way which can spoil someones life. Its not nessecary that you drive a sports and if you crash it has to be your fault.

Everyone here must have met with an accident some or the other day and we all just turned out to be lucky that it was minor, half of you dont even know who Mihir is and how the accident took place so please lets not start blame game and just cut the crap here itself.

I know it was sad event but there is nothing what we can do about it..

Last edited by pdev29 : 19th May 2009 at 10:37.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 10:40   #47
Newbie
 
automatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 7
Thanked: Once
Default

Good GOD.. three pages discussing the driving ethos of a twentysomethingyearold who was inovolved in something where a guy lost his life.. and we sit here and jugdge if the cyclewalla was in the wrong or not?
Why has no one said that the STREETS ARE NOT A PLACE TO "TEST" CARS because this is what was happening, was it not?
May the poor doodhwalla's soul rest in peace and my heartfelt condolences goes out to his next of kin.
For the rest, there are always THREE sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth, so lets wait for all versions to come out, shall we?
automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 10:52   #48
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 925
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Really unfortunate, may his soul rest in peace.

Anyways no use in speculating. Its a very unfortunate accident, hope justice is done without any undue publicity and influence fiasco spoiling it.
Well said , hope justice prevails and thats the bottom line. Few of the posts by our members seem to have been biased because of their association with mihir, which is quite understandable and there are others who are resenting the stance taken by such members, which again is quite understandable since crime is a crime whoever be the person. But, I am not so sure if we would have got the same kind of reactions on this forum if he was driving a 800 and wasnt known to be this racing superstar , and if he was just an ordinary guy like most of us. Just because he is well connected and well to do, some of us feel that he would get away with it, but well isnt it just too early to speculate that, and even if it does happen, then are the members going to start another bashing thread on the indian judiciary . Well come to think of it is it really worth it, is there anyone out there in this forum who can change the way indian judiciary works, but again why are we jumping the gun as if juidiciary has already passed the wrong judgement.

All we can do is to wait, and law take its own course, and I only hope that justice prevails and lets leave the judgment to people who qualify to give the judgement. So lets stop this personal bashing which is only degrading the forum. Mods, if you really ask me this thread is not doing any value add. If someone has some facts or updates on the accident then thats fine, but this thread has run 3 pages already, and all i have seen is bashing.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 10:58   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Oh Mr honourable pdev. Lets refresh what i said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@f450: Seriously dude? The lesser of the kind above on our roads the better it is.

Anyone seen the ad of Pepsi? "Jaanta hai mera baap kon hai?"
Look at the comment very closely and also the quote from Mr f450 lines, i was commenting on the Jaanta hai mera baap kon hai attitude of the person involved when caught by the police.

I never commented on what, why and how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
@Spit Fire, dude do you have any personal gruges with Mihir???
No.

Quote:
if you dont know the whole story then just dont put your view in very blunt way which can spoil someones life.
What Blunt way? The TIMES OF INDIA quotes the police saying that he pulled up his contacts with a sitting MP. And thats all i commented on.

Prove to me TOI and the police are lying.

If you know the story, tell us about it. If you are as clueless you should practise what you preach.

Quote:
Its not nessecary that you drive a sports and if you crash it has to be your fault.
Agree. But when did i say that?

Quote:
Everyone here must have met with an accident some or the other day and we all just turned out to be lucky that it was minor, half of you dont even know who Mihir is and how the accident took place so please lets not start blame game and just cut the crap here itself.
I dont think only the people who know him have the right to comment. Nothing in the rule book of TBHP on those lines. You know something i missed.

Quote:
I know it was sad event but there is nothing what we can do about it..
We can learn a lot. And the first thing is give benefit of doubt to everyone equally. If you think he was not wrong because you know him we need to agree with the others who dont know him and think he was wrong.

Dont get personal. Thats in the rules.

Thank you for reading.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:09   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

@ Spit Fire,

Do you know when the media came? do you know what was the conversation of Mihir with the cop?
Boss one newz paper said he was with some NCP leaders relative in the car and some other newz paper mentioned sujits name. so understand thats its all made up story because a rich kid is involved.
we all are posting here and the thread is for three pages because its guy who is rich and racer?? there are 100s of accidents which takes place everyday why dont we post about those things??

I am not stopping anyone from posting anything but just dont read the newzpaper and start typing.. If you were there on the spot and you know the story then put your point accross..

And yes if you think i am taking his side or something, then yes i am doing it because i know what has happened...
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
And yes if you think i am taking his side or something, then yes i am doing it because i know what has happened...
The best way to stop what you are trying to stop is to let people know what has happened.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:23   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
@ Spit Fire,

Do you know when the media came? do you know what was the conversation of Mihir with the cop?
No i dont. So tell us and write to TOI and the police about the truth. Once you do that if possible pm the details or post it up here. It will be a learning for us.

Hope you are one of the witnesses who stands in court and tells the judge what were the actual events.

Have you given your witness account to the police yet?

Looking forward to that. And i know you will do it. Good to know people like you are in this world who will stand up for the truth.

And please please try and see that Mihir does not pull his connections(if any which have been wrongly pulled up my the media) to bail himself out and gets justice like any other Indian citizen

Cheers
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:25   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

two words. close thread. we all have our views.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:25   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Panjim, Goa
Posts: 362
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

And yes if you think i am taking his side or something, then yes i am doing it because i know what has happened...
Were you on the accident site when the accident happened? If not, then you "think" that you know what happened. In that case it's your opinion against DNA and I would go with DNA's version of the story. But if you did see the accident as it really happened, I will accept your version.
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:26   #55
BHPian
 
rikin_sampat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: Once
Default

would you guys start a thread on any other accident, or have sucha detailed conversation.?, i guess not, i know what has happened, and some of the people honestly don't deserve a explanation because they will still open a new can or worms, so please leave this discussion where it is. you post only if needed, i doubt anyone was there, i was there. knowing the details is a privilege not a right, the papers have exaggerated it, period.
rikin_sampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:27   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 796
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The best way to stop what you are trying to stop is to let people know what has happened.
+1 to that. Especially since newspaper reports are so unreliable. And before this thread blows out of proportion.........
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:28   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Guys, we have done these talks several rounds in the past. No one exactly knows what happened unless we hear it from who was involved. Why waste endless number of pages shooting in the dark?

Many of you know the Mihir personally, so its easy to get emotional. Accidents can happen to anyone however careful you are, so lets bury the thing of experienced, careful driver etc.

One of my distant relatives, died in the first accident he was invloved. Having known him well, he had a 35 years experience in high end cars, SUVs trucks, trailers, JCB etc having worked with a Arab guy who trusted him with his entire fleet.

Please lock these threads until further info is available and refrain from locking horns with co members.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 19th May 2009 at 11:29.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:30   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Spitfire,

why dont you try and poke into all the accidents which takes place? why only this?

and regarding us we know what we are suppose to do.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:33   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
And yes if you think i am taking his side or something, then yes i am doing it because i know what has happened...
That's good news mate. In that case, perhaps you should post the "actual" incident so that all the speculation is put to rest & the Media exposed?

No point continuing these endless debates till such time
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:33   #60
BHPian
 
rikin_sampat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: Once
Default

two words again, close thread
rikin_sampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes S-Class Accident : Owner dead, Airbag doesn't activate and Court orders FIR markmytravel Street Experiences 158 14th November 2014 22:01
Ameya and Mihir share the spoils at VW Polo R Cup Round 3 DukeNukem Indian Motorsport 0 27th August 2012 12:51
Another Tavera Accident - 6 dead irdevanand Street Experiences 5 29th December 2006 02:31
Another bad accident on Nelson Mandela Marg - 1 dead, 5 injured suman Street Experiences 19 22nd December 2006 22:26
Horrific accident in ECR (Chennai) - 10 dead tifosikrishna Street Experiences 10 18th December 2006 09:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks