Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th November 2005, 02:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

I would want to spend some money on airbags.

does any1 know where aftermarket fitment is possible?

Safety comes before power and hence I would like to have airbags installed. The Indian lancer is an EVO version and hence there possibly must be a way of installing airbags.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 09:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I wouldnt trust Any aftermarket airbag fitment. Unless it comes factory fitted there is not point of the otherwise. I doubt anyone even fits aftermarket airbag kits.
I have seen some of these racer boys, fitting momo steering wheels and stuff in their corollas and skodas! The dumbest people on this planet by far.

Last edited by Sahil : 18th November 2005 at 09:59.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 14:04   #33
BHPian

Very sad indeed that the driver aint no more. May his soul rest in peace & God give strength to his family to cope with this loss.

This incident reminds me of that crash at Worli Sea Face involving a brand new Ford Icon gifted to its young driver by his mom for his bithday. He managed to hit the lamp post on the divider, the car was divded into 2 halves and came to a stop on the other side of the road in the way of incoming traffic.

Some time back the seat belt law came into action here in Mumbai and the cops started to fine/ticket the offenders, then came the Helmet law and the same was followed by the cops...... but look now..... not many people wear seat belts, i do not see even 10% of MC riders wear helmets now and the cops dont even seem to be bothered. Actually even the cops cant be blamed. How many people are they going to book? Drivers see a cop, and qickly pull the seat belt with their left hand and just hold it down near their seat, pass the cop and back goes the belt. Motorcycle riders will carry helmets but will not wear them. They would rather have them hanging from their helmet locks bouncing against their bikes or just put them over their side view mirrors.

People are not bothered themsleves about their own lives. You might be a safe rider/driver but then there are those retards around us who might get us into near fatal situations. Jerks speed on crowded roads on motorcycles dodgeing the traffic ...... spoilt brats wanna be the next Michael Schumacker till the next red light.

Please wear harness you seat belts and wear your helmets on bikes guys and remeber not to speed on public roads. Learn to respect others lives if you dont care about yours!
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 02:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt want to change the wheel but I think an aftermarket airbag if fitted by a pro is as good.

what do you guys think?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 02:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

whats wrong with changing the steering wheel and fitting and after market racing one ??

whats the problem

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 08:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
This incident reminds me of that crash at Worli Sea Face involving a brand new Ford Icon gifted to its young driver by his mom for his bithday. He managed to hit the lamp post on the divider, the car was divded into 2 halves and came to a stop on the other side of the road in the way of incoming traffic.

!
Actually, the car was cut into two halves to extract whatever was left of them.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 11:04   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually, the car was cut into two halves to extract whatever was left of them.
Are you sure? Because the pictures I saw indicated that the light pole cut the car in half.

@Rtech : I know you had clicked pictures first hand. Can you share those?

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 11:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

I know somebody who was driving a jeep at night. didn't spot a pothole (big one), and banged his chest on the steering wheel. instant death.

won't it be good to change the steering wheel to a collapsible one if possible?

sugestions/comments pls
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 11:45   #39
Team-BHP Support

That's right, I drove past there the morning after that incident. I don't think the car was cut to extract the passengers as if you see the pics, the passenger cell is not cut. It looked to me like the engine bay simply sheared off with the impact.

Last edited by Rtech : 19th November 2005 at 11:46.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 13:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

i think theres a major flaw in d ikon design this is the 2nd time m seeing a icone engine bay and the front end of the vehilce rip off from the vehile. . . . . is that a major chassis flaw are the DRIVERS REALLY SUCK to crash it so bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
That's right, I drove past there the morning after that incident. I don't think the car was cut to extract the passengers as if you see the pics, the passenger cell is not cut. It looked to me like the engine bay simply sheared off with the impact.

ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 19:01   #41
BHPian

Default My Condolences

condolences to the family....
May he rest in peace....
PsychoLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 23:04   #42

I want to make a point here that the tail lights of the Original Lancer Invex are different then that I can see in the photograph, in fact they are of the old lancer and I guess that Invex doesn't come in red colour as shown in the photograph, though the gear shift suggests that it is a Invex, but the exterior seems to be of top of the line Lancer SFXI.
kiran_100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 13:08   #43
BHPian

here's the psychology of meeting with an accident like this one...

1) the driver things he's michael schumaker on 4 wheels
2) the driver is way too overconfident about his car's capabilities and ignores the laws of physics
3) the driver has an overwhelming desire to impress the people in his car
4) a picture or idol of some god or the other stuck on his dashboard makes him think he is immortal

so if while driving, any of these urges rear their ugly head on you - nip them in the bud immediately. we all know how you'll end up if you don't.
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 23:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
here's the psychology of meeting with an accident like this one...

1) the driver things he's michael schumaker on 4 wheels
2) the driver is way too overconfident about his car's capabilities and ignores the laws of physics
3) the driver has an overwhelming desire to impress the people in his car
4) a picture or idol of some god or the other stuck on his dashboard makes him think he is immortal

so if while driving, any of these urges rear their ugly head on you - nip them in the bud immediately. we all know how you'll end up if you don't.

or he simply might have been a underaged kid....!
racing4cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 23:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

hey racing4cure

yes this was done by an underaged driver but can you please explain to me how you knew.i mean what makes you say that this was done by an underaged driver.are all underaged drivers the only ones causing accidents please explain i would really like to know.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote