Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 4th June 2009, 10:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I still think you should go to the media. I am sure you were not the only one affected by this police atrocity. Go in a group. I would call it atrocity. It is true that the CM is perhaps not aware of exactly how his security dogs behave but he should know. He ought to know. Don't fear about the aftermath. Nothing will happen. Because once they realise the power of media they will not bother you.
Another practical suggestion, if you suspect this may happen in future too, instead of selling your flat off, which I think is a ridiculous suggestion, leave the car keys with your security guards.
Mine is a rented place. Changing place is not the solution. Plus staying near CM's residence and next to IAS/IPS Officer colony has its advantages as well like security and uninterupted power and water supply.

I have already spoken to a few acquaintances in NDTV. Lets see how it shapes.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 23:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Go for them!

The goon-squad a.k.a. VVIP security needs to be taken down a peg or two. They had no business moving legally parked vehicles. Next they will want people to raze their houses when one of these clowns wants to visit some flunkey in the neighbourhood.

I cannot think of anyone better to take them on than you. Ek nahin, do thappad maarna! :-"

Tell them that the bumper, suspension, mechanicals etc. got damaged. Get them to spring for a ffull refurbishment / rebuild of your Uno. As an Auto Engineer you are best placed to explain how so much damage can occour if car is towed.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 12:08   #33
BHPian

There is absolutely no end to the high handedness of the powers that be. In Bangalore, we normally have roads blocked at peak hours because some monkey wants to drive about collecting bribe money. SO we just grin and bear it. And this is repeated by all his fellow thieves and then some.

We had a case in bangalore where a guy committed suicide because he banged into one of Mr. Sleepy Gowdas cars. I am sure no one will commit suicide unless they have been harresed out of their minds. This was followed by the media for a day or two and thats it. I am sure the family was instructuted on what to say to the press. And there are many more cases like this.

WHY??? because you and me, the supposed educated elite continue to live in a shell, looking out only for our close ones and ourselves. We all know that if we raise a finger it will be cut off and so whenever we face such a situation we get back into that shell, not because we worry to much about ourselves, but for the well being of our families.

So your neighbour gets into trouble and all we can say is that its his problem. We will not stand united cause we have already been divided by the same people according to color, education, caste, sex, creed, religion and state.

And so carries on the story of the largest democracy in the world.

PS : sorry for the long rant but this is something that really irritates me and I know that I am one of those who continue with my daily life irrespective of all the things going on around me, because I need to make a living and feed my family.
mav2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 12:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
There is absolutely no end to the high handedness of the powers that be. In Bangalore, we normally have roads blocked at peak hours because some monkey wants to drive about collecting bribe money. SO we just grin and bear it. And this is repeated by all his fellow thieves and then some.

We had a case in bangalore where a guy committed suicide because he banged into one of Mr. Sleepy Gowdas cars. I am sure no one will commit suicide unless they have been harresed out of their minds. This was followed by the media for a day or two and thats it. I am sure the family was instructuted on what to say to the press. And there are many more cases like this.

WHY??? because you and me, the supposed educated elite continue to live in a shell, looking out only for our close ones and ourselves. We all know that if we raise a finger it will be cut off and so whenever we face such a situation we get back into that shell, not because we worry to much about ourselves, but for the well being of our families.

So your neighbour gets into trouble and all we can say is that its his problem. We will not stand united cause we have already been divided by the same people according to color, education, caste, sex, creed, religion and state.

And so carries on the story of the largest democracy in the world.

PS : sorry for the long rant but this is something that really irritates me and I know that I am one of those who continue with my daily life irrespective of all the things going on around me, because I need to make a living and feed my family.
+1 to all the above.

I guess we all are helpless because of the system
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 15:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Going through this thread reminds me of numerous instances where the so called "VIP" security causing inconvenience to all..

One of the incidents, was on my way back from my work and it looked as its gona rain anytime, The Domlur flyover was being constructed then so had to take Shanthisagar signal junction to connect to Indiranagar. It used to be hell crossing this signal after 7pm so had taken of litlte eary that particular day as before 7 it used to be managable ... but i was not a lucky guy that day some VIP was supposed to pass at that time so 15mins bthe entire Airport road and a huge jame got creatd and for our bad luck it started to pour!

People stuck there had no choice but to get drenched, there were people who were on there way to the hospital, saw a mother trying to protect her small kid and husband looking helpless and i was trying to save my mobile which was hardly few days old..

Did witness people cursing the cops and the Vip from there hearts and yes even i did...

I was stuck in that jam for more then 45 mins and 30+mins of heavy down pour...it was miserable!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 11:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The goon-squad a.k.a. VVIP security needs to be taken down a peg or two. They had no business moving legally parked vehicles. Next they will want people to raze their houses when one of these clowns wants to visit some flunkey in the neighbourhood.

I cannot think of anyone better to take them on than you. Ek nahin, do thappad maarna! :-"

Tell them that the bumper, suspension, mechanicals etc. got damaged. Get them to spring for a ffull refurbishment / rebuild of your Uno. As an Auto Engineer you are best placed to explain how so much damage can occour if car is towed.

Cheers,
+1 to that

Ani buddy, one piece of advice....either forget about the incident and get on with your life, or if u decide to pursue it, go the whole nine yards. If you start with gusto and then give up, you will be in a situation of "dhobhi ka doggy......."

Look on the bright side, the fact that you Uno was blessed by the CM has probably doubled its resale value. At teh very least, you should get a certificate or bumper sticker from the SPG guys saying " This vehicle was involved in ensuring fool proof security for CM Garu "

Let us know if we can be of any help.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 13:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I cannot think of anyone better to take them on than you. Ek nahin, do thappad maarna!"
Very Well said!Go on boy!You can do it!.....

Quote:
As an Auto Engineer you are best placed to explain how so much damage can occur if car is towed.
Can we have a picture of the Uno showing its backside?, or does it get pulled from the front?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
+1 to that

Ani buddy, one piece of advice....either forget about the incident and get on with your life, or if u decide to pursue it, go the whole nine yards. If you start with gusto and then give up, you will be in a situation of "dhobhi ka doggy......."
Very bad influence you are!.Being a lawyer how can you discourage someone from fighting a lost cause, lol.

Quote:
Look on the bright side, the fact that you Uno was blessed by the CM has probably doubled its resale value.
Just hope it wasn't a holy communioin type of blessing, lol.

Quote:
At teh very least, you should get a certificate or bumper sticker from the SPG guys saying " This vehicle was involved in ensuring fool proof security for CM Garu "
Or a sticker sayin " I've been pulled" and then later you can embark on your story telling skills after the crowd builds up.

Quote:
Let us know if we can be of any help.
atta boy!, thats the right spirit ... Motivation is the key! and we're back to the beginning where i say YOU CAN DO IT!
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Default Bump Bump

The events of yesterday & today turned my thoughts to this thread. We have not received any updates on the outcome of the action taken by MC.

What will happen to the action initiated by MC? I am sure that some action was initiated by the pocket powerhouse from TBHP Hyd. Now that the Numero Uno has gone to a better place does any action survive? I would think it would, after all it was the govt. machinery that acted against the Uno not one individual.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
hope these guys die in a gruesome road accident.
Who would have thought!!

His PSO was also in the chopper with him...
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 01:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
hope these guys die in a gruesome road accident.
Many a times we act or speak out of impulse. We need to be sensitive and the same time sensible.

May YSR's soul RIP
KITE RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote