Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th June 2009, 06:53   #46
BHPian

yesterday evening around 6:30PM there was big traffic jam starting from wockhardt hospital towards the city. The reason looks like, overflowing canal. In Bilekkahalli they are connecting the canal and hopefully once they done, it will be a permanant solution. God only knows what is the timeline BBMP has in their mind. sometime he also may not be knowing. One of my colleagues took 1,5 hours to reach his house near shoppers stop from Bilekkahalli. I left my car in office after seeing this mess, though towards my side there was no traffic. But I had to travel 100 mts to take a U turn which was not possible at all.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 09:31   #47

Yesterday evening around 7 PM I got stuck under Jayadeva Underpass (towards Bannerghatta) for an hour. The traffic was not moving at all. Took a left turn immediately after the underpass and tried to enter Bannerghatta road again via BTM . But that road also packed and there was no way I could enter Bannerghatta road. Finally had to go via SilkBoard->Hosur Road-> Begur Road and then joined B'gatta road again. It took 2.5 hrs from MG Road to reach my home near Meenakshi temple (13 Kms). Phew!

Had the same problem one evening two weeks ago when they had blocked Bannerghatta road (near JD Mara ring road junction) when it rained . From Shoppers stop side, they were not allowing traffic to go towadrs Bilekahalli and diverted them to ring road insted. It was a huge Mess.
Shaddow.Fax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:02   #48
BHPian

How is the situation now? I have started taking a different route after I got stuck there once.
kvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
How is the situation now? I have started taking a different route after I got stuck there once.
I guess work has started again on the raja canal again but god know for how long its gonna go. Traveling to office is a nightmare these days
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:19   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

So, who all went swimming on Bannerghatta road last night? Near Raja canal.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
So, who all went swimming on Bannerghatta road last night? Near Raja canal.
Just managed to reach home before the pool formed .
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:31   #52
BHPian

Started at 8:40 PM fro office at IBC knowledge park, rain stopped by that time. But too much traffic and took 1 hour to reach Billekhalli.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:32   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Just managed to reach home before the pool formed .

Lucky you. It must have rained extremely heavily there for that big a pool to form.
I had my heart in my mouth and foot on the pedal while wading through that pool. Tried to follow a bus but the bus was too fast. Managed to reach the other end with steam coming out from all sides of my car as if it was a ghost!
Old 19th June 2009, 12:33   #54
BHPian

Update: The precast structures seems to be installed now. It is going to be two channels. I believe there are making one more layer of RCC over the precast structures.
rajakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:15   #55
BHPian

I had to go thru brigade millenium to get home (arekere gate) on thursday :(
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:50   #56
BHPian

Anybody knows status of Raja Canal work status. It's more than a month All traffics from IIM towards Dairy circle going via a narrow service road.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Anybody knows status of Raja Canal work status. It's more than a month All traffics from IIM towards Dairy circle going via a narrow service road.
For the past 2 days, no works seems to be carried out on the BG road. They were building the parapet walls over the ready-made bridge and were leveling the road for the gradation.

I feel that the bbmp should consider the plight of common people and expedite the work.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:40   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, now they have dug up the other side of the road. The traffic going towards IIMB now has to move to the right side of the road, which is very uneven and then join back on the left side of the road. Not a big diversion, but enough to cause long lines of slow moving traffic, filled with anxious, irritated people who just want to get back home after a day at work.
Old 14th July 2009, 17:28   #59
BHPian

In addition to what amitoj said, the process of digging has stopped in between and remains in the same state for the past 4 to 5 days. I could spot the big earth moving machine parked at the same spot for the past 4 days with out doing any activity.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:34   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Another update: The diversion is now tarred, and smooth. I didnt see any jams for the last two days (maybe because i reached that part a bit later than usual)