Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st July 2009, 21:20   #151
Senior - BHPian

Wish you the very best Sankar. My heart goes out to you.
Im glad that your spirit is intact while the body are healing.
You alone are the master or your will and I hope you learn to master it well.
Wish you a full recovery at the earliest.
My prayers,
with you.
J
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 21:09   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear people thanks a lot for your wishes

I'm improving now. My right leg is almost okay now. Left leg which was the bad one is also improving and movements of major muscle groups have started. Finer movements are still to show up. Can sit without support now, can stand up if some oneis there to support me and once up i can balance on my own. Have climbedhalf way up now now another half to go and it's gonna be a tougher half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
So Sankar are the nurses so pretty that you are not giving us any updates.

Wishing you a super fast recovery.
Haha.. yeah they were all pretty.. and i miss a couple them now I was discharged from the hospital on 18th june. Since then i have been admitted to a physiotherapy center and undergoing rigorous physiotherapy. I only get to use the lappy at nght, and i mostly use that time to watch a movie and sleep, no TV here.. In the day time when i get breaks i scan through Tbhp from the phone.. but no posting since it's hard. Will be going back to the hospital on Monday for a checkup.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 05:32   #153
Senior - BHPian

Wishing you fast recovery buddy.We will wait for more mods from you for Bullet and ZMA.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 08:56   #154
Senior - BHPian

Get well soon Sankar. I was really stunned to hear about this. But, at the end of the day, you are recovering. Hope you are up and riding sooner than you think.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 16:25   #155
BHPian

Glad to hear you're back home and getting better.
Keep posting buddy (as often as you can)!
Roy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 16:37   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I crashed badly on May 17th. Happened 2kms from my home as i went to meet some friends of mine. After the meet we split i started off on my bike and traveled hardly 60 metres then a Nissan Teana belonging to the Leela group took an unsignalled U-turn from the extreme left side of the road to the right. I just passed the car but it turned so fast and blind that the front left of the car hit my bike at the very rear. I crashed.

Friends came running, i took off the helmet it was badly scratched, and i tried to get up and i realised that i couldn't. Friends and bystanders asked the car driver to take me to the hospital but he didn't. They got agitated and were about to handle the driver (chauffeur) and i shouted out that i can't breath. Lucky for me the crash happened infront of Police Commisioners office and the cops there came out and with 2 of my friends took me to MCH. The car was detained.

Parents reached MCH soon after. My condition was getting worse, docs there didn't do anything except put me on a saline drip, breathing was getting tight and i was skipping in and out of consciousness, BP was getting extremely low and pulse was in the danger zone. Soon after i was shifted to KIMS. Accident to KIMS took around 2 hrs.

At KIMS i was given some steroid injection costing some 2k to boost up my system. Doctor shouted at everyone for bringing me late. I was thankful that it didn't take much longer to reach KIMS. They put me on a ventilator and two tubes were inserted into my left and right chest cavity. One to drain blood and another for air. 3 ribs were broken and lungs were punctured. Limp legs were traced to two broken vertebra and spinal shock. Operation was scheduled for 18th and after a 6hr long operation and 2 titanium rods and 8 titanium screws my spine was stabilised. Next day right leg showed signs of movement, left leg has very slight movements. Its improving but. Docs say i will walk in another 6months after rigorous physiotherapy.

I was in the icu from 17th to 29th may, then shifted to a room at KIMS from 29th night to date. I'll be discharged tomorrow and taken to a physiotherapy centre.

This indeed is a second life to me, i realised the danger i was in when parents told me about it later. I have to learn to sit, stand and walk again... like when i was a kid. Happy times are yet to come i guess.
Dearest Sankar I came to know about your accident very late in fact today itself.
It is becoming very difficult for two wheelers to be driven safely nowadays. By grace of god you will recover rapidly, I will pray in front of WAHEGURU for your speedy recovery boss.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:44   #157
Team-BHP Support

Howz it going Sankar?
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:10   #158
Senior - BHPian

hope you recovering well and fast faced, Sankar

If possible provide the update as its been more than 18 days

cheers
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:46   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dearest Sankar I came to know about your accident very late in fact today itself.
It is becoming very difficult for two wheelers to be driven safely nowadays. By grace of god you will recover rapidly, I will pray in front of WAHEGURU for your speedy recovery boss.
Very true man. Road and traffic conditions is like that it will only get worse. And glad to tell you that am getting better and better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Howz it going Sankar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
hope you recovering well and fast faced, Sankar

If possible provide the update as its been more than 18 days

cheers
Still here in the Physio center but things are getting better. I have started walking now with the help of an elbow crutch and an AFO on my left leg. AFO is a temporary fix for my left foot drop condition and need not be used once my foot is back in control. Foot is developing but slowly. Now for me it's like taking those first baby steps.. well it might be like taking my first baby steps coz i don't remember when i was a baby

Tanks for your support guys, really appreciate it! I'll have to spend another week or two here in Physio and then can go home.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Sankar. Herez wishing you a speedy recovery once again!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 20:08   #161
BHPian

Reading this so late! Get well soon, Shankar. Hope you are advised of breathing exercises.
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 21:20   #162
BHPian

Default :)

Thank God for small mercies! We are all happy about your second life! I am sure most of the Tbhpians would have had one crash, or atleast one miss from knocking on the pearly gates. Everytime you are at your physiotherapy, Never giveup! I know its painful but it helps like nothing else. We all want you back, Soon. Speedy recovery, Mate
YaeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:06   #163
BHPian

Hey Sankar - i just came to know about you when this thread was posted in another thread. I hope you are recovering fine and will be back in action soon !
Take care :-)
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:12   #164
BHPian

Human spirit stands against all odds and this is exactly what am seeing now.

keep the spirit high and recovery 100% soon
jp2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:25   #165
BHPian

Buddy ,
I am out of words, appreciate your courage to sit up and share !

Gods gona help you out. Take care, you would come out fine and better.
haithereitsme is offline   Reply With Quote