Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd July 2009, 21:09   #16
BHPian

Default Welcome to Hyderabad

You are cordially invited to come to Hyderabad and drive around for a few days once you get your DL.
And then let us see what do you have to say !
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Its might is right everywhere in the country. Not Bengal, not Jamnagar or anything.Its almost the same situation everywhere with maybe thats a bit better than this. The situation is like-"Hey I am driving a mighty truck and your on an Esteem or Zen.Keep off my antics or you get crushed."
When I drive my 800 even autorickshaws try to brush up with my car.I keep off them to avoid a mishap.Even bikers don't bother about such cars like the Zen, 800 or Esteem.
But when I am on my Scorpio its fun to see that apart from the tinier cars, even the mighty Chevrolet Optras and Skoda Octavias not messing up with me. Though as a matter of principle I don't terrorise them.
So its the mightier vehicle that always wants to show its the BOSS. Not a very appreciable scenario!
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Yes that's pretty much what I wanted to say. Driving sense is lacking all over all over India, but I found Gujarat and U.P. much better than here.
Government needs to do its job, but at the end it is the drivers who have to learn discipline.
I agree with you on Gujarat part. Infact, towards Saurashtra things are better than in cities. Vadodara is a city where, in general, two wheeler riders have more sense than four wheeler drivers.

And conditions are worst towards north. My father has travelled entire Rajasthan in one day ( when he was going to Allahabad ) and he told me : Traffic is worst in UP and Delhi i.e. towards north. We are much better.

What has to be done it this : Indians need to show some sort of self discipline. This is the only solution. Discipline should flow in our blood. Just think how much time we will save if we have even 5 % more disciplined traffic.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote