Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st August 2016, 15:54   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have had to straightaway add 50 minutes to my 15-20 minutes commute because of these people. Had this been any sort of developed nation, the government would have been sued using my roads for vote bank appeasement. No wonder anybody who gets a chance gets out of this country.
Couldn't agree more. The deadly cocktail of religion and vote bank politics has ruined the nation and the country has gone to the dogs. These chaps don't care two hoots about the inconvenience they cause to the road users and in the process they jeopardise their own safety as well as of others. They organize community kitchens alongside the busy highways which results in traffic bottlenecks and the area becomes accident prone with people roaming on roads unmindful of the fast approaching vehicles. This is a pan India scenario with the authorities looking the other way due to political pressure.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 16:27   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi: Kavariyas or 'Protected' Hooligans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
Couldn't agree more. The deadly cocktail of religion and vote bank politics has ruined the nation and the country has gone to the dogs. These chaps don't care two hoots about the inconvenience they cause to the road users and in the process they jeopardise their own safety as well as of others
Almost every religious procession is like this. It's utter chaos with scant respect for others on the road. Unfortunately religion is so ingrained in our public life that no one would dare to stop such activities. The only somewhat disciplined procession I have seen is that of Guru Nanak Jayanti (and I am not a Sikh).

It's mostly the rowdy youth and jobless men who make up most of the crowd and the less sense expected out of them the better. Forget about processions, I have been to temples where people fight in lines. I mean for God's sake, you are supposed to be showing the best side of you not the worst in such places.

Are there not good guys? Of-course there are, but as usual they make up a silent minority in front of the goons.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote