Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 10:17   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

I would not agree blaming the incident blindly on the cabs, does this warrant that others are not capable of doing such things.
If there were any paint traces on your body, search for similar coloured vehicles in your parking and see if there are any similar damage signs on the body and grab his throat. Grab his throat even if he is your boss, colleague and not only because he is cab driver.
However I presume they would have had the same repaired by now.

@mjothi, that is a nice suggestion.

Last edited by beejay : 31st July 2009 at 10:22. Reason: mjothi
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 10:27   #17
BHPian
 
muralisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad, Bangalore
Posts: 674
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Really sad and its too bad that the person who did this has no common sense to acknowledge it and instead fled the scene. Shame on such people. I think, it must be something like a Sumo trying to back up and hit your car.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 11:21   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Thanks for the responses guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
try to get a hold of the security tapes if any in your parking so you can get the culprit.
The basement parking doesn't have cctv, so out go this possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I would say, sent a mail to your facility manager. Let them talk with the security people. Eventhough they can wash their hand, they will certainly be vigilant next time. If the security is not able to even notice such big bang / sounds, how can he protect the car if some one breaks in?
Highlight this to those people and watch their response.
already made a big noice yesterday, i got hold of facilities manager of the building plus our office's administration guys/ from now on, a security guys from own office will be stationed in parking to look after the office cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Ohh... looks bad !!

It certainly feel bad when you got to see such condition of your while moving back to home after a hectic day.

9K estimate is for paint job or what ??
you bet Ashish. i was so pissed off after seeing it.

9k is for replacing the left fender, relignment of bumper, headlights, painting of bumper and fender plus taxes/

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I would not agree blaming the incident blindly on the cabs, does this warrant that others are not capable of doing such things.
If there were any paint traces on your body, search for similar coloured vehicles in your parking and see if there are any similar damage signs on the body and grab his throat. Grab his throat even if he is your boss, colleague and not only because he is cab driver.
However I presume they would have had the same repaired by now.

@mjothi, that is a nice suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Really sad and its too bad that the person who did this has no common sense to acknowledge it and instead fled the scene. Shame on such people. I think, it must be something like a Sumo trying to back up and hit your car.
Already checked the black cars in the parking and couldn't find any traces of the little black colorthat is present on my car.

the reason cabs are coming in picture, because i have seen these cabbie driving rashly in the parking and few days, a cabbie rammed a zen when it was coming out of basement parking. the zen was climbing up the slope and cabbie was rushing to the exit point from the ground floor parking.

As muralisk has pointed the damage seem to be done by sumo or a tavera
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 11:42   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 68
Thanked: Once
Default

This is really sad!! But you really can't rely on these guys called GUARDS for some reason, they are a bunch of sleepy heads who are useless. It does hurt!!!
T_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 13:53   #20
BHPian
 
menonrajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: Once
Default

Bad day Pankaj! It hurts more when you realise that there is nothing much can be done about it. As mjothi pointed out, the best thing is to speard the word and expect the guards to be more vigilant in future. Hope the car comes out in her best; All the best!
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 16:33   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,735
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Very sad to hear about your incidents and makes me want to the security guys who were on the job. Hope to see her back in shape soon.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 17:20   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Update : the headlight clamp is broken from inside and is not getting fixed. so need to change that as well. the insurance guy has approved for the same but i so need to pay the depreciation amount. The headlight cost is around 3000, any ideas how much do i need to shell out from my pocket on headlight replacement? btw the car is question is 5 years old
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 18:04   #23
BHPian
 
menonrajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: Once
Default

Pankaj, are you sure that you will need to replace the headlight? My swift also had the same issue and the initial response from Suraksha ( Bommanahalli) was the same. However they finally could fix it somehow and saved me from buying the new headlight. There is a small alignment issue through and they said, a medium head-on impact to the light will break it, if it happens.

Just try to check out if there is any way to fix it.
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 19:12   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Pankaj, are you sure that you will need to replace the headlight? My swift also had the same issue and the initial response from Suraksha ( Bommanahalli) was the same. However they finally could fix it somehow and saved me from buying the new headlight. There is a small alignment issue through and they said, a medium head-on impact to the light will break it, if it happens.

Just try to check out if there is any way to fix it.
I went to check the headlight myself and yes the headlight is gone from the internal side, we tried fixing it , but the alignment is going for a toss big time as i tried driving it on potholed road , so have a given a go ahead for replacing it. i have to bear the 50% depreciation though, but thought of fixing the issues once and for all.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 31st July 2009 at 19:14.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 19:58   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Already checked the black cars in the parking and couldn't find any traces of the little black colorthat is present on my car.
I think the black color may be the crash bar in front of the sumo or other vehicle. So, just searching for black color car may not help. I may be wrong, but just another view.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 20:11   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think the black color may be the crash bar in front of the sumo or other vehicle. So, just searching for black color car may not help. I may be wrong, but just another view.
checked that possibility too, have a suspicion on a sumo as my collegaues travelling in the cab told me that it used to have a crash guard which was removed recently, but they are not so sure, if it was after the hit to my car.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 16:10   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 247
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Update : Car was back in glory and shining as new on Monday. I am so tied up in work that not getting time to clicking pics and giving a detailed report on work by Suraksha . will do by Sunday
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 16:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default

Glad to know the car is back.
Pankaj, maybe you should try pressurising the security guard who was on duty at that time to make him talk. Report him to the security chief.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An Accident in the Office Parking lot Naetik30 Street Experiences 23 4th June 2013 10:39
Car damaged in trailer - what to do paharino1 Street Experiences 29 12th May 2010 18:06
Swift Damaged by Parking Staff at Nehru place. Kool_Kid Street Experiences 11 3rd October 2007 11:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks