Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th August 2009, 17:21   #31
BHPian

feel really sorry for the auto-driver who woke up early in morning to invite his death. I hate the sand-lorry drivers and the tipper lorries.
Its high time authorities fit the speed-governors on these menaces-in-road.
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:39   #32
BANNED

Bangalore roads have become too dangerous and lawless its utter chaos!!!!
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

This is bad. May the soul rest in peace.

Isn't this the junction next to Aricent(former Hughes) office? Man, that junction is scary, we used to had tough time crossing the road to when I used to work there. And that road will always get jammed like this whenever there is an accident.
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:59   #34
BHPian

After 9:30 in the night and till about 9 in the morning, its madness on the roads of Bangalore. Everybody just wants to drive at 70-80 just because the roads fairly empty and peak hour traffic has subsided. I have had narrow misses on the ring roads in the early mornings and late nights.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 18:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Really feel sad about the auto driver. Poor guy. May his soul rest in peace. I beleive there is nothing which can be done against these sand lorries. Many times i have seen them doing 80+ when empty. They drive at high speeds even when they are loaded. As some one pointed out, cops wont take any action if they are over speeding.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 23:05   #36
BHPian

May the auto driver’s soul rest in peace. The whole stretch of outer ring road from marathalli till sarjapur junction is horrific. There are three junctions a. near the JPMC office b. near Hyundai showroom and c. belundur junction. All these three junctions are death traps. And when we see these sand laden lorries & cab drives then obviously it’s a sorry sight for everybody. Even people working in big companies drive their cars and bikes in a horrible way, by cutting lanes, overtaking at the wrong direction etc. I hate to travel on this ring road. There is no value for human life nowadays; even educated people drive mercilessly, honking their horns, driving at snails pace towards the right lane. I hope that everybody who drives, please keep in mind that human life’s are valuable than the mods that you do for your cars and bike. Please think about their family members. Who knows we might as well be in similar kind of situation at any time in the future hence please drive with care and value human life’s.

Last edited by sabsubs : 19th August 2009 at 23:11. Reason: spelling mistakes
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 23:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

i still think that yellow boards have to get speed regulators fixed with Heavy vehicles with speed limit at 40.Its obvious that speeding was reason for all this.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 23:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

10bucks says that a young cleaner was driving the Truck and the driver asleep/drunk sleeping on the co-driver seat. Lets wait for tomm's Times of India.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 23:18   #39
BHPian

One accident can paralyze the whole whole road. People suffered like a hell today.
This tripper are very horrible in Bangalore road. All sand and construction vehicle does not drive carefully. They do over loading and falling brick/sand/debris all over the road.
They also spoil the median of the road as they cross the heavy vehicle where ever they get a place instead of taking U-turn from the next signal. And also believe that this business runs by some M-powered people here.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 09:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

That is infact a horrific accident!!!
May the departed souls RIP!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 09:54   #41
BHPian

Many of the lorry drivers are always DUI.
May the soul rest in peace.
gajsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:37   #42
Team-BHP Support

Needless to say, the truck driver fled the scene. I am sure the cops can narrow down on the scumbag who was driving based on the registration number of the killer truck. But would they? That's the eternal question.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:39   #43
BHPian

May the soul rest in peace. i found (during my 2 hr wait) that the Lorry with broken axle was in the middle of the road. in all probability it would have hit the luggage auto there (milk crates were also lying there). Is there any chance that the Auto was not stationery or parked in the middle of the road for a quick delivery? If so, it is highly regrettable since both sides of ring road in this place have service roads.
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:45   #44
BHPian

@ suvi,

No the milk carrier auto was not stationary. It usually comes from the village from opp side.

It was the fault of Auto Driver as well, I have seen this auto daily (I stay opp to the place where accident took place) and he was no saint. He used to drive very rashly, he was scolded by many parents who come to drop their kids @ bus stop. He was warned by the contract cops for jumping signals a many times

but again, cant let the lorry driver escape. He was at fault also.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 11:32   #45
BHPian

Mods, Can you please change the subject of this topic as "Bangalore outer ring road kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009". The accident place is Kadubeesnahalli junction and not bellandur junction which is 2.5 kms away.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote