Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th September 2009, 13:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

gosh, thats scary. at 2 PM on such a busy road. I think others must have thought that it could be a personal enmity and hence would have stayed away.

Place stickers on car, like PRESS etc and also look for glasses which cannot be easily broken to avoid and runaway in such cases. (some of the ways to avoid being robbed)
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 14:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Place stickers on car, like PRESS etc
That makes way for the cops to make extra money.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 15:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I would surely lock my doors, roll up the windows and try to call the cops asap. If matters got worse I would try to get out of that place and drive to the nearest police station (even if it meant running over their bike, personal safety comes ahead anyday over not harming these thugs). These days, with the number of murders happening around town, what is the guarantee that you will not be harmed even on co-operating with them?
Personally I would suggest that one should not run away or even try. Those people are into crime and we normal citizens will never be able to match them. It would be better to stop using expensive gadgets, stop wearing expensive jewellery and try not to make yourself an easy prey or target. Most of such petty thieves are not into murders unless provoked so co-operating with them certainly is safer.

Of course, the way GOLD prices are shooting up ... ornaments makes an attractive scheme for thieves to target you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Place stickers on car, like PRESS etc and also look for glasses which cannot be easily broken to avoid and runaway in such cases. (some of the ways to avoid being robbed)
I strongly suggest not to use the word "press" or "police" or "doctor" unless you are in such a profession - we at this forum are committed to take this forum to the next higher level as also our country and we need to set examples of better citizenship.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 16:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Chain snatchers now got guts to stop , threaten and snatch chain. Bravo Blore Police and Public.
Snatchers? Now they have transformed in to dacoits. There were instances of motorists stranded at night getting robbed even in 2000 - 2005 when I lived at Bangalore. Now it seems to be happening even in day time.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 16:29   #20
BHPian

Oh man! thats scary
I travel on this road very often. Can't believe such an incident happened on this stretch
This is the place where police interceptors stand.

I too lock my door and roll up window every time I am on road.

These things don't happen spontaneously. They observe their potential target for sometime and make a plan before attack. So keep your eye open all the time and be prepared to react quick at circumstances like this.
Calling the number 100 does not help. Keep the local police station number handy.
If you are away from the local police station, at lease the station you call can direct you to the right one.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 18:52   #21
BHPian

That is scary! Can you post which car, had he locked/rolled up windows etc. Also was he on service road or main road!

Bangalore has absolute lack of civic sense! It is like a suicidal game out there on the road! It is hightime all road users start driving sensible and help fellow road users when they are in trouble! Imagine all of us drive with perfect symphony, irrespective of road condition, following lanes, using proper signaling, yeilding on priority/fast lanes etc. Then all of us will have enough time to notice others on the road who might be in need of help!
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 20:56   #22
BHPian

I wonder if there was some prior history between the victim and the perpetrators of the crime. May not even have been with those guys, for all we know they could have been goons hired by someone who had an enmity with him. Otherwise, I just don't see something like this happening on that stretch of the road at random, there is just too much traffic in that area.
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 21:11   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
This happened to my colleague day before yesterday. He was driving from Bannerghatta road to Whitefield via the outer ring road.
Just before Marathahalli, before the BWSSB facility on the left, He was robbed in broad day light by a gang of robbers. The robbers moving in 2 cars and a 2 wheeler forced him to park the car on the side of the road and robbed him of his gold chain and other valuables by threatening him with Lethal weapons.

Unfortunately this incident happened in at 2 pm in the middle of traffic.

i am very sorry for your friend. . by the way please tell us what is happening after the incicdent happened..has your friend made a note of the car and bike registration nos? hope he has made a complaint about this? where is he taking all these ? which modelsare these vehicles ?

the place you have mentioned is quite difficult to digest the fact these things happen! i do travel this entire stretch every alternate day to my clients office at hope farm..

it would really help if he gets to the bottom of this..isnt it.

tell us what is happening after this sad incident...please
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 21:52   #24
BHPian

He was driving a swift. windows rolled up, doors locked and all that. 2 cars and a bike, all honda citys and a pulsar box him to the shoulder, then they bang at his windows gesturing that they will break it, he brings his window down, one of the guys place a long chopper to his neck and ask him to handover his valuables.

He has given the complaint, will have to see what comes out. Apparently the vehicles did not have any number plates, only had a sticker saying for registration.
boeuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 22:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Did he have his doors unlocked or windows rolled down? No one really knows what happened out there, but I would surely lock my doors, roll up the windows and try to call the cops asap. If matters got worse I would try to get out of that place and drive to the nearest police station (even if it meant running over their bike, personal safety comes ahead anyday over not harming these thugs). These days, with the number of murders happening around town, what is the guarantee that you will not be harmed even on co-operating with them?
I would not have stopped come what may instead i know for sure that there are cops on marathalli bridge anytime , i would have driven there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Oh man! thats scary
I travel on this road very often. Can't believe such an incident happened on this stretch

These things don't happen spontaneously. They observe their potential target for sometime and make a plan before attack. So keep your eye open all the time and be prepared to react quick at circumstances like this.
Calling the number 100 does not help. Keep the local police station number handy.
Exactly when i had an accident two years back , 100 was busy ! when i tried luckily another off duty policeman passed by and he called the police station which sent out a wireless message.

I have the station numbers of all the areas i frequent in north bangalore.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 22:44   #26
BHPian

Crime is increasing heavily in Bangalore. Sorry to hear this kind of incident. Police is more or less busy securing VIP and other influenced man rather than giving security to Mango People (Aam Admmi). Its better to drive with door locked and window almost rolled up.
However I feel that this Marathalli area is very dangerous to walk in the evening. So many shops so many people walk around but no lights no pavement. I dont know what BBMP is doing for this :(
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 06:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Personally I would suggest that one should not run away or even try. Those people are into crime and we normal citizens will never be able to match them.
Why ? If it were me I would have mowed the guy in front of me an did whatever I could to get away whilst inside the car. Ofcourse its easier said than done.
Quote:
It would be better to stop using expensive gadgets, stop wearing expensive jewellery and try not to make yourself an easy prey or target. Most of such petty thieves are not into murders unless provoked so co-operating with them certainly is safer.
My life my money one would say. Why should I bother about low lifes.
Quote:
Of course, the way GOLD prices are shooting up ... ornaments makes an attractive scheme for thieves to target you.
OT.
Quote:
I strongly suggest not to use the word "press" or "police" or "doctor" unless you are in such a profession -
You cannot put up a 'Police' sticker to your personal car even if you are in the Police dept or a Blood relative is in the dept. My FIL is a PI, trust me. When I asked me for one, he told me this.
Quote:
we at this forum are committed to take this forum to the next higher level as also our country and we need to set examples of better citizenship.
Absolutely.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 09:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

few things that run in my mind in a situation like that.
1. note the number and a brief description of the car/bike (helps a lot)
2. try to give tail gaters like these (assuming they did that for a good 5-10 min's before the act) a good run.
3. call just dial and tell them to hook you up with the cops asap. they connect your call real quick.
4. roll up windows and lock doors.
5. drive up to a more crowded place or where you feel a cop exists. the above can apply during any part of the day/night.
6. take a pic of the guy as long as you are inside the car locked up.

basically try to waste as much of their time as possible.

i admit in a panic situation our brains clog. but presence of mind could assist cops too. if you feel your case is not being solved even if you have evidence, please drive upto the commisioner's office on infantry road. that will definitely work.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 6th September 2009 at 09:43.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 10:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
1. note the number and a brief description of the car/bike (helps a lot)
There was not plate in this case. The vehicles were apparently under 'Registration' or Temp Registration.
But in other cases the plates would be rigged.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 11:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
There was not plate in this case. The vehicles were apparently under 'Registration' or Temp Registration.
But in other cases the plates would be rigged.
No temp registration vehicle should be allowed on the Road. I see a lots of private/public vehicle daily runs on our bangalore road even though they are 2-3 months old.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote