Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th September 2009, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Default Crazy Cyclist causes damage

This happened last week and it happened at the entrance to my apartment complex on 100 feet road, Koyambedu, Chennai. There is a Planet Yum in adjacent to our gates and on weekends vistors to the restaurant park in such a way that our entrance is nearly blocked. And then there are those morons who ignore your indicator and try to squeeze through as you turn onto the ramp. So am always careful and look into my RVMS before actually turning.

On this occasion, I see no one and start turning - BANG - Screeeech!! I see a cyclyst almost hitting the pavement and then trying to get away. I rush out of the car and catch hold of his junkie and yell at him. After a few minutes of yelling and cursing I cool down and let him go after assessing the damage - there is no way I will get anything from him. Damage - a small dent over the right front wheel arch with a deep scratch (down to the metal surface) + broken wheel cap and a Flat tyre (turned out at the tyre shop that the nozzle had snapped in the impact!!)

Cost of repairs:
Mouth replacement - 130/-
New Wheel cover - yet to be bought
Scratch touch up yet to be done.
cnaganathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 20:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! Thats bad. It hurts when such idiotic characters do something, and there's no way to recover some of the cost from these people.For no fault of yours,you end up having to shell out so much to fix the damages.
I would probably have changed the look of the moron's face.He changes the look of my car, I change the look of his face. Simple! (Of course, I wouldn't really do that. Just the urge to do so!)
Bad luck buddy. Hope things work out fine in the end.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why did you not at least deflate his tyres to make him walk?

Last Sunday I went to the Sidvin festival of speed at Sriperumbudur track. When I came back to my Alto after the races, I noticed a white swift parked by the side of my car, but facing the opposite direction . There was just enough space for me to walk between the cars. As I was unlocking my car, I noticed a vertical scratch/dirt mark near the lock, about two inches in size. It was obvious to me the culprit was the driver of the swift - he had opened his door in a hurry and caused a scratch on my door. Cursing under my breath, I wiped it with my fingers and it seemed to disappear, though not fully. Wanting to avoid the rush after the races, I did not wait for the driver to turn up and left immediately.

But upon closer inspection after reaching home, I saw it was actually a slight dent, though the paint was not scratched. What an idiot he must have been. There was so much space available, and he had to do this. Had I noticed the dent there itself, I would have landed a hard kick with my boot on each of his doors before leaving.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Well, the only satisfaction for me was that his pedal crank was bent out of shape by the impact that he was not able to pedal it full circle!!

What really irked me was some bystander moron blaming me for the damage. He melted away when I heard him and gave him a stare that would have burnt him if I had been blessed with that capability
cnaganathan is offline   Reply With Quote