Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th July 2005, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Default Charsi's/Gardulas On Loose in Mumbai

Well this happened to me last week when I was in Mumbai ...
I was at friends place in Daulat Nagar S'Cruz(W) ... Time was about 11.00pm when we left his house to go attend a party... Just as we drove out from the building and must not have driven beyond 500 mts. when all of a sudden a guy jumps in front of the car ... I brake hard .. I hear a crash sound... Me and my friend were zapped for 10 secs not understanding exactly what happened ... When we realise we have glass all over us and we realise that the guy had thrown a stone on our windshield ... My friend is in rage as the tone hit his side of the glass.. He gets down and starts runnign behind the guy ... I screach and rev and turn my car around and start following them ... With the help of a biker manage to corner this guy ...

The next thing we know is that the biker, me and my friend are hammering the daylights out of that guy.. Apparently the stone after hitting our glass deflected onto the biker and he got hurt too... As usual people gather around and creating a mess .. Some try to stop us but we were in so much rage that I end up hitting a simple passerby who was trying to get in the middle (I appologise to the guy later) ... The guyz who were trying to stop us said " NOW SHOW HITTING HIM IN FRONT OF THE COPS" ... And we still dont stop and even with the guy in the cops custody we are still at him ...

He is put in the jeep and taken to S'Cruz police station where we come to know that he is high on dope ... he gives an excuse to the cops saying that he has had cold water and I have no idea as to what the hell he is talking about .. The cop then enlightens me saying that when one is high on "Gard" and he has cold water it gives him a super kick and the person starts acting wierd ... This is something new that i have heard in regards to DOPE ...

Well we file a case and we ask the cops as to what is he going to do about the guy... They say that there is not much that can be done as if they keep these guyz in custody its a bigger problem for them ... And if they die on them, then its an even bigger problem ... So they said that they will let him go in the morning .. We told them that what u do with him is not our concern but dont call us again to the cop station for anything ...

Damage to the car/passenger ...
Front windshield completely cracked with a big hole in it ..
Repair costs Rs. 9000/-
Small glass pieces embedded in our hand and and a couple on our face...

MORAL of the Story ...
Beware of such druggies .. There are many luring around ...
Cops dont do anything to help this situation ... Such a useless system ...
Dont wait for cops to do anything ... Vent all your anger out on them by urself ... Atleast you will feel better

Last edited by EVO6 : 18th July 2005 at 13:31.
EVO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 13:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

gard meaning hash ?
how does one get a kick after drinking cold water...never heard of that ...

he must have got a beating of his lifetime ...he's should have taken to pink floyd than to hit the streets stoning cars am sure he realises that now ...

good to know you and your friend were safe ..
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 14:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Tats sad .BTW what car were u in.?????and arent the WS glass not supposed to hurt u when it cracks.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 14:11   #4
BHPian

Well turbo thats what the cops said ... May be charas as well you never know what these ppl get high on ..

Last edited by EVO6 : 18th July 2005 at 14:19.
Old 18th July 2005, 14:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Tats sad .BTW what car were u in.?????and arent the WS glass not supposed to hurt u when it cracks.
Thank God The car was a Optra ... If it wud have been the Merc then the guy surely wud have been dead by now ...
The stone was thrown at such intensity that the glass got splintered from inside ... Infact there was glass powder on the dash board ...
Old 18th July 2005, 16:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know you're pretty much safe!

Good thing you beat the crap out of him, EVO. No one should get away if they touch one of your babies. And every car lover knows what I'm talking about.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 17:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

glad to know you are safe man
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 19:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
The cop then enlightens me saying that when one is high on "Gard" and he has cold water it gives him a super kick and the person starts acting wierd
Why that idiot was running to get escaped from you guys. If he want to act wierd, he could have faced you guys. He knows what's happening. Cops needs to beat him like anything, so that he keeps himself away from these things.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 23:00   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know yours safe....however i am suprised that glass pieces fell on yours body as now days most cars even mid-size have shatter proof glasses to avoid the same.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 23:45   #10
BHPian

People have to be extra particular about these charecters especially at night.Got into a fight with a gardulla outside Radio club one night at around 3am - me and my friend had gone to Athena and were catching a cab when this guy comes upto us and keeps pestering my friend for some money when my friend says no he gets abusive and tries to hit him.Both of us ganged up on him and beat the s*** out of him.Cops passed by and didn't even bother to stop and see what was going on.
byramshroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 02:02   #11
BANNED

its funny dude because some people would actually get scared like suddenly you are driving and a man comes and throws a stone at you...like some ghost or a killer or something...hehehe i'd zoom away dude...dont know that area much and what if that guy has other few friends who also are those gardullas....
best option bang that dude and zoom away...hehehe
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 02:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Gawd!!! This is pathetic.Good to hear you guys were safe.I've seen this sort of thing happening myself.But trust me,there's little the cops can also do about it.
If these gards are locked up,they do all kind of weird things.Eating tubelights,banging thier head on the wall,eating glass pieces etc etc.And if they die in prison,a case is filed on the officer incharge.
This is the only reason the cops cant arrest them.Sad but true.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 00:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
Happened to our lancer when we went to get the tyre changed.
The guy came out of no where which a stick and just whacked the rear part and broke the rear reflector/garnish.
It cost us 200 bucks but by the time we stopped the guy ran away.
Good you got away safe.
If i were you and were with a friend or some back up i would go and beat him up so bad that he would rather go to the cops.
If no back up then just hit him from behind - not very hard to enough to throw him on the road and maybe fracture some bone in his body and zoom away.
But be warned.
A person in my friends building was beaten up for beating up one of the Gardulas so only mess around when you have company or else forget it.
Just whack and go.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 09:07   #14
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, folks, but who exactly a charsi or a gardula? Are they just any drug addicts, or is there something more sinister about them?
johnjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 11:25   #15
BHPian

They are druggies who r addicted to drugs but since they are from the slums they do all sorts of sinister things like robberies .. etc to get hold of money for their drug requirement