Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 9th October 2009, 21:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Optimist.
Sorry for the accident. Guess you can change the title of the thread, this would help you in getting more information when people know what topic is.
The current one is misleading. Sorry to mention this.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:52   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

That's a sad thing to have happened. Even I've given my santro for repairs after an amby guy decided to brake test in the middle for the road and mom sort of floored the wrong pedal. . Accidents happen. We, car lovers just have to bear with them with heavy hearts.
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
One piece of advise. Never try to fool an insurance company. The surveyor can easily make out that these damages would not be from hitting a divider.

Tell them it was a hit and run, you don't have details of the biker.
He has hit the nail on the head!

Shankar has covered most of the items - the amount which the company will pay depends on the age of the car, as per which depreciation is charged.

For plastic parts there is flat depreciation rate of 50%.

For repair & painting jobs the prescribed charges as per the company is reimbursed.
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 15:07   #19
BHPian

Angry how it happened?

Lot of people seem to be interested in the story of how it happened. So here we go.

I was taking a U turn and a car in the opposite direction stopped to facilitate me to complete the turn. I am almost done with the full turn while a biker comes at 60kmph, thinks he can drive through in the narrow gap between my car and the pavement.

I brake to let him go in the gap. Finally he realizes that he can't pass through. I think he braked hard but skidded and hit my car anyway, fell down.

Hope you can picturise it.

I gave my car to the TVS all car repair shop and leaseplan has promised to take care of everything.

Metal parts are 15% depreciated (2008 model) and plastic parts are 50%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see the final bill.
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 17:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Metal parts are 15% depreciated (2008 model) and plastic parts are 50%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see the final bill.
Just ask to see the surveyors report - you will get a clear idea of what is allowed and what is not, and to what extent the items are passed.
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 12:31   #21
BHPian

i had a similar experience like you. the only difference was that i had taken delivery of new vehicle and i was driving from ahmedabad to mumbai. my indica vista was having temporary number. just around surat when i was about to halt for tea and coming to halt near a dhaba a motorcycle wala came and hit my stationary car from behind. when i saw it after getting down from car i was shattered because it looked so bad. rear bumper had gone completely in on the left rear corner. luckily there was a tata service station just nearby 100 meters he removed the dents but it was a new car and my family had not even seen it.

then that service guy suggested me a tata *** just near surat on highway, which could restore it to original condition. i went there and explained my problem that its a new car not yet registered and not yet seen by family. the staff was very helpful they restored the paint and bumper dent in just 3 hours and i was back on the highway again driving to mumbai.

it cost me only 1500/- but luckily there was no damage to tail light etc except left rear corner of bumber and wheel cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That looks pretty bad. The biker hit you when you were stationary? Anyone injured?

I would probably tell the insurance company I had parked the car on a roadside, and noticed this when I came back to the car.
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 12:32   #22
BHPian

i had a similar experience like you. the only difference was that i had taken delivery of new vehicle and i was driving from ahmedabad to mumbai. my indica vista was having temporary number. just around surat when i was about to halt for tea and coming to halt near a dhaba a motorcycle wala came and hit my stationary car from behind. when i saw it after getting down from car i was shattered because it looked so bad. rear bumper had gone completely in on the left rear corner. luckily there was a tata commercial vehicle service station just nearby 100 meters he removed the dents but it was a new car and my family had not even seen it. i was paying but he didnt accept any money from me.seeing that it was just a newly purchased car and i was very disappointed to see the damage to the car.

then that service guy suggested me a tata service center just near surat on highway, which could restore it to original condition. i went there and explained my problem that its a new car not yet registered and not yet seen by family. the staff was very helpful they restored the paint and bumper dent in just 3 hours and i was back on the highway again driving to mumbai.

it cost me only 1500/- but luckily there was no damage to tail light etc except left rear corner of bumber and wheel cap.

RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That looks pretty bad. The biker hit you when you were stationary? Anyone injured?

I would probably tell the insurance company I had parked the car on a roadside, and noticed this when I came back to the car.

Last edited by rammishra : 13th October 2009 at 12:35.
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote