Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 19:19   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Gosh.

There is Road Widening work happening at that road, if anyone can notice.

Why blame the Municipality, they are at their job.

Buddy why dont you join our OTR guys for some adventure.
All this is good, Can the municipality touch their heart and say they are careful in all the work they do and take the necessary precautions?
beejay is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 09:45   #17
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
All this is good, Can the municipality touch their heart and say they are careful in all the work they do and take the necessary precautions?
Exactly Beejay.
Even in my native city of bhopal which is hell lot underdeveloped than bangalore I remember seeing signs like "Work in progress" and "Caution Men at work".
Bangalore being the next Silicon valley ,doesn't the Muncipality here have to follow any safety protocol while performing their work.
Imagine any of their workers was still inside the drain doing some work and my safari landing on top of him.Then definitely it would be projected as another case of a spoilt brat
Alter_Ego is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 13:05   #18
BHPian
 
arin_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 596
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Though I am in Bangalore for quite some year, I still feel that our City is underdeveloped. BBMP/BDA/Neta all are just taking a big advantage of all tax payer's money.

Most of places in Bangalore Drain/Road construction is going on. So be very careful while driving. Recently while I was driving in Kaggadaspura I found some big ditch which can not be predicted/visible at day time too with high position driving seat. The road is almost flat with sudden hole.
arin_12 is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 15:58   #19
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Though I am in Bangalore for quite some year, I still feel that our City is underdeveloped. BBMP/BDA/Neta all are just taking a big advantage of all tax payer's money.

Most of places in Bangalore Drain/Road construction is going on. So be very careful while driving. Recently while I was driving in Kaggadaspura I found some big ditch which can not be predicted/visible at day time too with high position driving seat. The road is almost flat with sudden hole.
I really agree with you.Considering that Bangalore has one of the greatest throughput and IT money it should have been developed into a city with at least the infrastructure in place long back.Alas like all other states the politico here too is the same.Hungry for filling up their pockets and not the holes on the roads
Alter_Ego is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 16:05   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

i still cannot understand why are they collecting such exorbitant taxes when 60% of the roads in Bangalore are in pathetic condition??
sorry you had to go through such an experience. If road widening was being done then clear indications should be layed out.
vinaydas is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 16:17   #21
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default


Update : For all the bangaloreans who travel to and fro from EC.
While travelling from EC towards silk board just after the BMW showroom a big hole has been dug up just under the elevated highway.Just now saw an accident as a sumo cab which was being driven at more than 80Kmph tried to avoid that hole and crashed into the neighbouring ...ahem...a BMW 7-series.
Alter_Ego is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 17:18   #22
BHPian
 
RP_812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: Once
Default

Not a nice sight Alter_Ego. Good that something good came out of TATA A.S.S after this post.

Not to sound offensive in any way here , but it looks like we have another Bangalore beating thread here.

Could this incident NOT have happened anywhere else in India?

Are'nt politicians Corrupt all over India?

and so on and so forth..
RP_812 is offline  
Old 13th October 2009, 20:05   #23
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Not a nice sight Alter_Ego. Good that something good came out of TATA A.S.S after this post.

Not to sound offensive in any way here , but it looks like we have another Bangalore beating thread here.

Could this incident NOT have happened anywhere else in India?

Are'nt politicians Corrupt all over India?

and so on and so forth..
rightly said.

Its only that since its common in other cities no one seems to care post such issues.

One ditch and we have started an blame everyone in Bengaluru post.

Since the thread starter's car is out of troubles, we better have this thread closed.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Cars: Down, down, down! Market share = 34% S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 66 2nd June 2016 16:21
Chevy OK pre-owned car scheme, down the drain ?? vikrantj The Indian Car Scene 2 2nd July 2010 16:44
Esteem goes down the drain :) chaxy Shifting gears 16 8th March 2009 20:34
400rs down the drain tsk1979 Street Experiences 30 13th April 2008 20:58
My hard desire for 2 years goes down the drain satish_appasani Gadgets, Computers & Software 12 8th September 2006 08:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks