Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 13th February 2014, 10:54   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Minor accident, now the fallout

Bhai, if you meet this guy at the police station after he complains just tell him what Salman Khan says at the end of Big boss "Do whatever you want Man'

I will give you this in writing, 'He can't do anything', just stop worrying.

Aise extortionist se darna nahi.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 11:19   #407

Thanks for the replies folks. There was absolutely no body harm or damage to his bike. I am only worried about the fraudsters roaming around and whether he can cook up a story or somehow get some bandages done and file a case against me.
josh.machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 12:14   #408
Senior - BHPian

A slightly different take - may be he is worried that you will give a complaint about his bike causing a scratch \ dent so he have taken the photo to show that no scratch \ dent happened when he bumped against your car.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 12:26   #409
Team-BHP Support

Well he may have taken a picture to post it in his Facebook account.

Since there is no injury, the best he can try is to scare you. If you don't get scared, there is nothing he can do.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 13:51   #410

Thanks folks for your take on it, i feel a bit relaxed now.
josh.machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 15:37   #411
BHPian

I don't agree that you can relax, I feel you need to take a pre-caution of filing a FIR to avoid being booked into say a hit and run case.

This happened with me years ago.
I with 2 friends were driving down an empty dark stretch of road, suddenly I hear a bang and thud on my door. I stop the car to see a damaged cycle and a man lying on the road. We rush to help him and realized he was piss drunk. People from nearby gathered and started creating a scene.

We managed to take him to the hospital (in-patient card was issued by hospital), the guy was too drunk to tell his name, he gave different names each time. The doc cleaned his wounds but refused to give him TT as he was drunk. Doc asked me to get some pain killers and I went to the pharmacy, my friends left with the car as it was attracting a lot of unwanted attention at the hospital parking lot with the cracked windshield an all. Few calls and an hour later I come back to a empty bed and the nurse informed he that the guy just walked out. I looked around for the guy but didn't find him. Paid the bills, took the summary and left.

I moved on and didn't bother as friends asked me to relax. Everyone was of the opinion that he may have been scared that the accident was his fault and he will be liable for car damages. I was not sure but nothing happened for few days and forgot about it. Almost an year later, cops show up at my door to seize the car as it was involved in hit and run!

Cops told me that, the same guy showed up next day all bandaged with a witness who gave the car number and claimed that after the accident my friends and I just picked him up and threw him on the side of the road and drove off! I went to the police station told them my side of the story, showed them the in-patient card and the bill with treatment and doctor statement. Yet, the cops made me run around court etc. and spend 20k.

All they told me in the end was, "I should have got an FIR registered with the hospital summary as proof and could have avoided this mess."

Last edited by mac187 : 13th February 2014 at 16:00.
mac187 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 21:45   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I don't agree that you can relax, I feel you need to take a pre-caution of filing a FIR to avoid being booked into say a hit and run case.

This happened with me years ago.
I with 2 friends were driving down an empty dark stretch of road, suddenly I hear a bang and thud on my door. I stop the car to see a damaged cycle and a man lying on the road. We rush to help him and realized he was piss drunk. People from nearby gathered and started creating a scene.

All they told me in the end was, "I should have got an FIR registered with the hospital summary as proof and could have avoided this mess."
I'm sorry you had to undergo all the headache, but then you have to understand that in your case there was bodily harm and it was documented by the hospital as well. Hence the police also registered a case and came after you as you were an easy target.
Make it a point to always register an FIR if there is a harm caused to anybody and medical staff/doctors etc are involved. Cops do go around casually making their own inquiry and then registering FIR (if there is money to be squeezed out)

the OP has cleared out that there was no harm done to anybody, no witnesses and no documentation. The Police too will tell you to buzz off if you try to make an FIR for such petty things and add to their paperwork.
If we all run to file FIR's at every scratch, dent and nudge, then we might as well stop working and become cab drivers ourselves (cops almost never register case against errant cabs)

Last edited by racer_m : 13th February 2014 at 21:50.
racer_m is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 13:32   #413
BHPian

Post ANHC - Dent on Running Board

Driving back home I got a call, not having my headset or enough charge on the bluetooth speaker phone, I decided to pull over and answer the phone, little did I know that not talking on phone while driving is going to end up damaging my own car , once I was done with the call started my car and kept moving straight and then "THUD" one big cement block which I didn't see why pulling over

I know this can be fixed with the Magnetic puller without cutting the running board for fixing it, however I don't know who is the best in doing this in Thane/Bombay area.

Please advise who in your knowledge can do an excellent job in getting this fixed, I did not bother going to Honda as they are going to charge me a bomb.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-photo-1.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-photo-2.jpg  

pillaian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 13:43   #414
BHPian

Default Re: ANHC - Dent on Running Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaian View Post
I know this can be fixed with the Magnetic puller without cutting the running board for fixing it....
This can't be fixed with magnetic puller. It needs to be repaired by proper denting.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 13:51   #415
BHPian

Exclamation Re: ANHC - Dent on Running Board

Hey pillaian! Check if this man can help!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...li-mumbai.html
nishantdlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 14:01   #416
BHPian

Post Re: ANHC - Dent on Running Board

I was referring to the puller in video below, my apologies if its not called a magnetic puller, I am hoping to find someone who has this tool to fix the dent on my car.

Old 18th February 2014, 01:31   #417
Senior - BHPian

Even if you do manage to have it pulled out; I'd suggest you get it painted. The paint has come off so rust is a big problem.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 01:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

Our City i-vtec had gone through the same thing a few years back.
Its no biggie.

Would suggest you to send it to Honda and get it repaired.
They will cut and replace the running board with a new one if this cant be repaired.
The car came back in perfect factory nick.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 08:07   #419
BHPian

Thanks cityvic, I will check with Honda guys on what they have to suggest, I am not too inclined towards cutting the running board.
Old 27th February 2014, 00:12   #420
BHPian

Default Re: Need advice after Accident

A gold colour Chevrolet Cruze hit my car in at a t-junction in Indiranagar which does not have any traffic signal. The old gentlemen just ran away in spite of me asking him to stop.

My driver's side rear door, quarter panel and bumper are badly dented and scratched.

I wrote down the number, but I have got some of the digits wrong (KA 03 B 6439)

Guys, can you please advice what options do I have?

How can I trace this offending car?

I am sure there is CCTV footage of that route.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote