Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 19:22   #76
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,703
Thanked: 7,598 Times
Default Re: Need advice after Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
...I would need your inputs on this. I clicked a couple of pictures in the morning to give you guys a better idea. The door is jammed because of the damage.
...
These pictures give a better idea about the damage. The sheet metal has a tear at 2 places! Looks like that panel would need some solid welding work or replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Your A.S . will not repair this.
They will replace it, and then your part of the claim will be much bigger than 8.5k.
You could try somewhere outside, but make sure that the paint shop is an enclosed one, or at least has a roof.
Take it to khan market, that has one of the lesser dusty regions where painting is done.
mayankk, thanks! I assumed that he has zero-depreciation insurance. If the panel with the 2 tears does get replaced, it might mean a significant contribution from Abhishek's pocket.

Abhishek, I would still suggest at least take the car to the A.S.S. and get a opinion (if not a proper estimate) from them about - after insurance, what would be the damage to your wallet.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 19:01   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Got my Energetic Blue VMT last night. Unfortunately, met with an accident this morning. Reason; a rash driver cut across the gap in the median when I was very close it was a Canter van. I had only about 3m to stop. Applied all the brakes. No use.
Result:
Damage to bonnet, bumper, left fender and most agonizingly, the airbags deployed. Got the car towed to Magnum. The irony is, I don't even have the registration number. I would be getting it tomorrow.

Magnum Honda has told me they will try all their best to get me the insurance claim. But still, plastics and airbags are covered only 50%.

I called the police and also the owner of the vehicle, but they all advised me to not give a complaint. The inspector said, he can file an FIR, but I must be ready to leave my car for as long as it takes them to get the RTO officer report.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121101_190013.png
Views: 3708
Size:  546.7 KB



Weighing the situation, I made a conscious decision to get the car towed. Since today is a holiday in Bangalore, I will visit the service center tomorrow and get a quote on the repairs.

If it costs too much, I will drop the airbag installation. Any advice would help guys.

Thanks
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 21:34   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer
Got my Energetic Blue VMT last night. Unfortunately, met with an accident this morning. Reason; a rash driver cut across the gap in the median when I was very close it was a Canter van. I had only about 3m to stop. Applied all the brakes. No use.
Result:
Damage to bonnet, bumper, left fender and most agonizingly, the airbags deployed. Got the car towed to Magnum. The irony is, I don't even have the registration number. I would be getting it tomorrow.

Magnum Honda has told me they will try all their best to get me the insurance claim. But still, plastics and airbags are covered only 50%.

I called the police and also the owner of the vehicle, but they all advised me to not give a complaint. The inspector said, he can file an FIR, but I must be ready to leave my car for as long as it takes them to get the RTO officer report.

Weighing the situation, I made a conscious decision to get the car towed. Since today is a holiday in Bangalore, I will visit the service center tomorrow and get a quote on the repairs.

If it costs too much, I will drop the airbag installation. Any advice would help guys.

Thanks
Feel sorry for you friend as you unfortunately got into a bad mess due to a reckless driver. Today morning I too came across a black brio which rammed into a indica taxi and his bonnet, bumper got bent. Wonder who's fault it was!

Would suggest you to get even the airbags work done as hey come on this is a brand new car! Check with the Service manager if he could help you out in anyway in giving a better price for them.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 22:54   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819

Feel sorry for you friend as you unfortunately got into a bad mess due to a reckless driver. Today morning I too came across a black brio which rammed into a indica taxi and his bonnet, bumper got bent. Wonder who's fault it was!

Would suggest you to get even the airbags work done as hey come on this is a brand new car! Check with the Service manager if he could help you out in anyway in giving a better price for them.
Thanks buddy. Will check tomorrow with the service guys and update it here. This car was for my wife and she has not even touched the steering wheel. All this happened.
I was upset but feeling alright now. Kind of happy as it was not my Honda City. The expenses would have been huge.
According to my sales advisor, airbags would cost around 70k. Since only 50% is covered, this means I have to spend a lot from my pocket. Sounds crazy. The ODO was showing 30KM, when the accident happened.

I will provide more update tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:25   #80
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 221
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Very sorry to hear this. I just paid for my Honda City yesterday and will get delivery in two days and can imagine what a shock it must be.

The zero dep policy worth a few thousand becomes even more important in the crazy traffic we see on our roads.

One does not quite know what to believe - but here goes. Yesterday I checked the good and bad days to take delivery of the vehicle. It seems the almanac says 31 oct was not an astrologically appropriate day. Of course many vehicles were delivered all over the country and nothing happened. Plain bad luck I suppose.

Hope you get max benefit from insurance partner.
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:43   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Did all the paperwork for claiming insurance. Current estimate is around 1.2L. The sales manager and all the staff were so empathetic. Really nice. They assured that they will try their best to get maximum benefits from insurance.
Hopefully, they will do a good job and restore my car to its original shape.

The damages include front bonnet, bumpers, 2 airbags, left fender and also some damage to the chassis.

They assured that all of the parts will be replaced as its a new car. Airbags associated parts will have to be ordered and has a lead time of 4 to 5 days. Work completion will take 7 to 10 days.
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:55   #82
BHPian
 
one-77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: KL08/MH01
Posts: 358
Thanked: 198 Times
Default

It's really unfortunate that your new car met with an accident so soon. I can understand how you must be feeling right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer
...and also some damage to the chassis.
Hope it isn't serious, and can be fully corrected. Hope you get your car back soon. Good luck!
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 22:40   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Got the estimate from Magnum today. Expenses about 95K. Airbags and associated parts alone cost around 50k. I have to shell out around 30k from my pocket.
How can such an expensive part like airbags be not covered in full, under insurance. This rule of plastics getting only 50% cover is meaningless. If this was the case, let all parts inside a car be made of metal only. Every car would then weigh a couple of tons.
The reason for plastic not getting full cover is due to the impending scratches and dents people get on their bumpers. The insurance companies want to dissuade people from claiming them, but common, associating and treating plastics related to airbags like bumpers is beyond ridiculous.
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 23:08   #84
BHPian
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 221
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Got the estimate from Magnum today. Expenses about 95K. Airbags and associated parts alone cost around 50k. I have to shell out around 30k from my pocket.
How can such an expensive part like airbags be not covered in full, under insurance. This rule of plastics getting only 50% cover is meaningless. If this was the case, let all parts inside a car be made of metal only. Every car would then weigh a couple of tons.
The reason for plastic not getting full cover is due to the impending scratches and dents people get on their bumpers. The insurance companies want to dissuade people from claiming them, but common, associating and treating plastics related to airbags like bumpers is beyond ridiculous.
I think we can take the zero dep policy that takes care of the 50% depreciation on plastic parts. It costs a few thousands but one episode like this - God forbid - is enough to compensate for all the premia paid for several years.
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 23:36   #85
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 482
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Zero depreciation policy takes care of everything, that means you only have to pay the processing charges for the claim and nothing else.

Zero depreciation policy is the way to go !
Its hardly 10-15% extra but makes the insurance worth for every penny.
I first got the zero dep insurance for my i20 in 2010 ,even then the showroom people had no clue about this insurance. The scene has hardly changed today .Majority of the people remain unaware. I've recommended at least 15 people in my circle to get this for their new cars since then.All of them appreciated this, they had no idea of such a thing.

Last edited by k2max6 : 5th November 2012 at 23:39.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 06:20   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer

I think we can take the zero dep policy that takes care of the 50% depreciation on plastic parts. It costs a few thousands but one episode like this - God forbid - is enough to compensate for all the premia paid for several years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6
Zero depreciation policy takes care of everything, that means you only have to pay the processing charges for the claim and nothing else.

Zero depreciation policy is the way to go !
Its hardly 10-15% extra but makes the insurance worth for every penny.
I first got the zero dep insurance for my i20 in 2010 ,even then the showroom people had no clue about this insurance. The scene has hardly changed today .Majority of the people remain unaware. I've recommended at least 15 people in my circle to get this for their new cars since then.All of them appreciated this, they had no idea of such a thing.
Absolutely. I was really upset with my sales advisor who did not even inform me of the Zero depreciation policy. I guess it's all bad luck when it comes to accidents. The zero depreciation policy would have cost me INR 5800 for my Brio.

Honda city's airbags module will offset one about 1.25L. It's scary to even think of an accident in expensive cars. The insurance for my City is due and based on this experience, without even a shade of doubt, I will get the zero depreciation policy.

Thanks so much frequentflyer and k2max6 for the info.
hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 10:54   #87
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Got the estimate from Magnum today. Expenses about 95K. Airbags and associated parts alone cost around 50k. I have to shell out around 30k from my pocket.
I had been to Magnum over the weekend for servicing my friends Brio, and I saw you car parked in the showroom premises. Felt really bad seeing it in flesh, even though I had seen the picture which you had posted earlier. A brand new car torn apart like that. Even the ribbon is still on. My sympathies, mate.

If its only body damage that you are seeking to rectify, you might want to get a quote from Sai Colorium (JP Nagar) as well. They are excellent at their work, and would in all probability do it for almost half the price that is quoted by Honda. Check their details in the TBHP Bangalore directory. Their paint matching is also excellent. My friends Brio also had a cracked bumper within 15 days of delivery, and Magnum Honda quoted a ridiculous Rs. 8K for replacement of the front bumper. I took a second opinion from Sai, and they did welding work with immaculate paint matching for Rs. 2K. The finishing is perfect, and the bumper looks as good as new now. Think about it. Might save you a goodish amount of money.

However, maybe the replacement of airbags etc is something you need to get done from Honda itself.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 6th November 2012 at 10:56.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 14:36   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I had been to Magnum over the weekend for servicing my friends Brio, and I saw you car parked in the showroom premises. Felt really bad seeing it in flesh, even though I had seen the picture which you had posted earlier. A brand new car torn apart like that. Even the ribbon is still on. My sympathies, mate.

If its only body damage that you are seeking to rectify, you might want to get a quote from Sai Colorium (JP Nagar) as well. They are excellent at their work, and would in all probability do it for almost half the price that is quoted by Honda. Check their details in the TBHP Bangalore directory. Their paint matching is also excellent. My friends Brio also had a cracked bumper within 15 days of delivery, and Magnum Honda quoted a ridiculous Rs. 8K for replacement of the front bumper. I took a second opinion from Sai, and they did welding work with immaculate paint matching for Rs. 2K. The finishing is perfect, and the bumper looks as good as new now. Think about it. Might save you a goodish amount of money.

However, maybe the replacement of airbags etc is something you need to get done from Honda itself.
Thanks for sharing my grief. I have no option other than to get it done at Magnum. The Airbags work is really expensive. I even checked if its possible to skip the airbags altogether. This would still cost me the same money as the entire dashboard needs to be replaced along with the steering wheel, etc. They are different parts and noone recommends that I do this. Nevertheless, its a lesson learnt; learnt the hard way.

Meanwhile, I tried to negotiate with the Canter vehicle owner. He says, he will not pay me a single rupee, let alone tens of thousands. The insurance company needs an acknowledgement from the police since the claims are pretty high. I got it yesterday and the work has hopefully started now.

I am listing the quote concerning airbags below. Total quote is about INR 96000. I have to spend about INR 30000 from my pocket now
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-brioairbagsquote.png  

hellraizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 14:57   #89
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Thanks for sharing my grief.
Dont worry man. Nonsense happens to the best of us, despite our best efforts to avoid it. I myself have just got my Swift back from body damage repairs. Though its a far cry from what happened to your Brio, it still was enough to put me through depression.

Godspeed- and sincerely hope that your vehicle comes back safe and sound.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 15:04   #90
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,772
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Meanwhile, I tried to negotiate with the Canter vehicle owner. He says, he will not pay me a single rupee, let alone tens of thousands.
I know the pain you must be feeling at something like this happening to a brand new car. Am curious to know though - who's fault was it? If it was indeed the other vehicle's fault then I suggest you file an FIR and pursue the case. I know it is a pain but if it was indeed his fault then you shouldn't let him get away scott free. I do hope you get your car back in its original pristine glory soon and enjoy many years of trouble-free motoring.

Which Magnum Honda service center are you going to? The one on kanakapura Road or the one in Yeshwantpur? If it is the latter, please do PM me and I will be able to help out in a small way.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice after an accident ajitjt Street Experiences 9 19th October 2011 15:58
A car accident, a life lost - need some advice Radha Shelat Street Experiences 32 18th March 2011 07:28
Need good advice/lawyer related to Motor vehicle accident - DELHI alpha1 Shifting gears 12 22nd July 2010 22:57
Got into an accident with my SX4 - Need advice on the repairs bkbkr1212 Street Experiences 10 30th June 2010 19:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks