Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th June 2018, 12:10   #15796
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I used to take this road few years before to avoid the mess both at 8th Mile junction as well as Jalahalli Cross and Aiyappa Temple. Few sections were narrow with drainage around and still HCVs taking it despite of banned entry but now things are better here than before.

As you said, its longer but a great savior during times like these .
The one I took is much before the one mentioned in map. The jam was from Nelamangala toll till the Parle G factory. The road I took came somewhere through Kuduregere and touched Bagalgunte from Hesaraghatta side.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 07:15   #15797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hebbal was choked today morning and hence decided to take Kodigehalli Main road - Dasarahalli road to work. Dasarahalli road has been patched up and has a decent layer of tarmac except for a small 50 m section. In Jan, this road was in shambles and now its a very good option to take if you want to avoid hebbal.
I took this road yesterday after a visit to CMI Aster on the way back to work in Kadubeesanahalli. Definitely a good option during peak time madness in Hebbal. Also seems like this takes you to Manyata (side entrance?) as well.
sbkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 08:01   #15798
BHPian

Another Traffic and Accident Update

An Etios cab has rear ended a tempo traveler in the right most lane, just as the Kadubesanhalli underpass begins, in the direction from Marathahalli to Ecospace.
Traffic was backed up till Marathahalli at 7:45 AM.

Additionally the service lane in front of Croma is clogged too.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-marathahalli-traffic.jpg

Please plan your commute accordingly.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 20th June 2018 at 08:04.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 17:25   #15799
BHPian

Traffic update from Ecospace towards Sarjapur Road.
Those who are going towards Sarjapur rd need to take exit right after the Bellandur flyover. Cops have closed the exit in front of Akme Harmony and the one before Iblur flyover.

Many folks going towards HSR, who had the habit of taking the service road and joining before the Iblur flyover got trapped and left a big mess below the flyover. Cops finally opened the second exit partially to let the Volvos out.
bejoy is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 17:45   #15800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Tumkur road was horribly stuck yesterday night and could see the traffic for atleast 10-15KM. I was fortunate enough to take the service road only to get stuck just before Parle G factory. Luckily found a diversion and hit Hesaraghatta road-Jalahalli-BEL circle. Though longer, I found this road really useful to avoid traffic.
We too were returning back on Sunday night & faced this problem.

The traffic towards the city was pretty much blocked from Tumkur/Kyatsandra toll itself. First, it was an accident just after the toll and then a traffic hold up to let our Dy CM head back to the city from his native. This coupled with lots of trucks (unusual for a Sunday - truckers planned strike could be the reason) on the road.

My cousin's car took 3.5 hours to cover this distance (after getting lucky to be cleared off on priority as the traffic was holding up the VIP vehicle) at around 7pm. They too took the service road after Nelamangala toll & got diverted like you said above to reach Yeshwantpur finally after 10:30pm. I was returning back after 10:30pm & it still took me 2+ hours (without any major stoping for long though) for the same distance. The road was choked with trucks blocking both lanes & the smart a#$es cutting lanes, sneaking between vehicles in bumper to bumper traffic.

Last edited by null : 20th June 2018 at 17:47.
null is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 13:36   #15801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
[b]Those who are going towards Sarjapur rd need to take exit right after the Bellandur flyover. Cops have closed the exit in front of Akme Harmony and the one before Iblur flyover.
Thanks for the update.

It is a good move I feel, earlier when I used to take Sarjapur road, it was a pain to take the exit from ORR just before Iblur flyover to service road due to vehicles trying to enter back on ORR.

This used to cause long queue till Shell bunk almost. Now with service road improved, it should be easier.

Similar exercise was done on opposite side of the road, from Iblur - Bellandur direction couple of years back. They closed the service road entry just before Bellandur flyover. However, some 7 months back they have opened it again, strangely when a new restaurant opened up around there.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote