Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 13:57   #3616
BHPian
 
HighOctane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

ANOTHER NO RIGHT TURN - After failed One Way in Bannerghatta Road, another no right turn initiated by BTM-Traffic Cops. From tomorrow onwards there will be no right turn at Sagar Hospital for vehicles coming from Swagath/Tilaknagar Road.
Those who want to take right turn into bannerghatta Road, should take right in the Eastend signal much before Sagar Hospital and then take left at Jalbhavan Road or Reddy hospital road and then take right turn.
Courtesy: BTP FB Page
Attached Images
 

Last edited by HighOctane : 20th July 2012 at 14:18.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 19:50   #3617
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Has anyone noticed that almost everyone breaks the traffic rules on the way to BIAL? While going for my flight, i saw lots of owner driven vehicles(ODV) breaking signals and it was shocking to see the percentage of cabbies breaking signals compared to the ODVs were very less.

And im talking of the suit and tie wearing public. If we ourselves set bad examples, then we cant expect cabbies to be any different. Shame on us.

Thankfully my cabbie that day was a decent man and drove very well.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 01:13   #3618
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,211
Thanked: 2,509 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Had a very unlucky experience today.

Was on the way to work at Whitefield after visiting RRP at Mahadevpura. Was all kicked and happy after seeing a line of Etios and Liva of TRD parked there and was actually happy for a Monday.

Those who work at ITPL or Whitefield will know Hotel Zuri. I was heading towards Big Bazaar signal and there was a two wheeler on the right lane who was not willing to move to the left when I honked. After repeated honks, decided to take him on the left when he smartly then decides to move left. Nevertheless, I overtake and cut him a bit so he knows he was annoying. Reached Big Baazar signal and I watch him in the ORVM.
He stops behind me first and then slowy moves between the divider and my car and all of a sudden stops next to my front wheel and next drops his bike and himself on my car.

He looks at me , very much drunk by then I figured and suddenly it seemed I made a mistake from the way he was staring at me. I was about to get out of the car to abuse him when the Ace behind me starts honking. Thinking the signal turned green, since I could not see, I hop back in not wanting to block traffic. By then, the loser on the two wheeler found a gap and moved ahead and I realized the Ace driver was just annoying me more by honking.

Was hoping it was just a scratch, but to my sheer bad luck, it was a full fledged dent on the right fender.
Was thinking later, how much ever we drive safe or try our best to keep out cars dent free and scratchless, it comes to us.
This was the perfect example, car not moving and a two wheeler just falls and dents my car(probably delibrately in this case).

God help us all and our vehicles.

Attaching a pic of the dent
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img414.jpg  

tharian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 10:03   #3619
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

The guys who take Borewell road (from Forum Value mall side through Nallurahalli to Tesco and Whitefield), see if you can avoid it and take the road from Siddapura Shell petrol bunk instead.

Today morning, a water tanker was trying to reverse into a narrow lane and its left rear wheels went into the open gutter. The tanker is almost across the road. Although there is just enough place for one car to go, I expect there to be traffic jam when traffic on both sides increases.

Luckily, I was early and there was no traffic.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 12:37   #3620
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Was hoping it was just a scratch, but to my sheer bad luck, it was a full fledged dent on the right fender.
Was thinking later, how much ever we drive safe or try our best to keep out cars dent free and scratchless, it comes to us.
This was the perfect example, car not moving and a two wheeler just falls and dents my car(probably delibrately in this case).

God help us all and our vehicles.

Attaching a pic of the dent
Thats a real band dent, if there are no sctraches then you can try to reshape it. You cant do anything as I guess the fellow did it delibrately and was irked by your left overtaking.

Infact in the initial few days of my new car there were black paint marks near the rear bumper when bike fellows try to squeeze between the car and the divider, so from then on I make it a habit of not leaving any gap now a days.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 12:52   #3621
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muscat
Posts: 49
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Had a very unlucky experience today.

Was on the way to work at Whitefield after visiting RRP at Mahadevpura. Was all kicked and happy after seeing a line of Etios and Liva of TRD parked there and was actually happy for a Monday.

Those who work at ITPL or Whitefield will know Hotel Zuri. I was heading towards Big Bazaar signal and there was a two wheeler on the right lane who was not willing to move to the left when I honked. After repeated honks, decided to take him on the left when he smartly then decides to move left. Nevertheless, I overtake and cut him a bit so he knows he was annoying. Reached Big Baazar signal and I watch him in the ORVM.
He stops behind me first and then slowy moves between the divider and my car and all of a sudden stops next to my front wheel and next drops his bike and himself on my car.

He looks at me , very much drunk by then I figured and suddenly it seemed I made a mistake from the way he was staring at me. I was about to get out of the car to abuse him when the Ace behind me starts honking. Thinking the signal turned green, since I could not see, I hop back in not wanting to block traffic. By then, the loser on the two wheeler found a gap and moved ahead and I realized the Ace driver was just annoying me more by honking.

Was hoping it was just a scratch, but to my sheer bad luck, it was a full fledged dent on the right fender.
Was thinking later, how much ever we drive safe or try our best to keep out cars dent free and scratchless, it comes to us.
This was the perfect example, car not moving and a two wheeler just falls and dents my car(probably delibrately in this case).

God help us all and our vehicles.

Attaching a pic of the dent
I completely feel your pain - my Zen has a dent pretty much in the same area. Some clowns on a truck were too eager to overtake me in the city (in bad traffic at that) and they ended up simply denting the car and driving away. The driver probably didn't even feel it - though his partner probably did after I yelled at him from the car. Of course, they simply drove away while I was left in the midst of honking vehicles to inspect the damage. (and thats precisely what it was - beating a dead horse - the guys had already driven away, and even if they were on the spot, I doubt they'd have paid up - if at all - without a massive argument). That, combined with cases of road rage in Delhi made me ignore it (to be honest I am not sure what I'd have done though if I had gotten really angry at that point), but it's a real pity that these type of incidents happen day in and day out on Indian roads, regardless of what city one is driving in. . .
Zenster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 17:32   #3622
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 179
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
...
Nevertheless, I overtake and cut him a bit so he knows he was annoying.
...
Try to control road rage. You never know the person you are messing with might turn out to be a maniac and might inflict harm on you or your vehicle. There are all kinds of idiots on the roads, we just need more patience while driving.
aviraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 18:27   #3623
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,211
Thanked: 2,509 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster99 View Post
I completely feel your pain - my Zen has a dent pretty much in the same area. Some clowns on a truck were too eager to overtake me in the city (in bad traffic at that) and they ended up simply denting the car and driving away. ...............in and day out on Indian roads, regardless of what city one is driving in. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thats a real band dent, if there are no sctraches then you can try to reshape it. You cant do anything as I guess the fellow did it delibrately and was irked by your left overtaking..

Yes, cant do much except move on.

I met two mechanics today who quoted 4 and 5k. One of them asked me to leave it as it is since there is no paint loss which I may just do.
He said the looks of the car will be lost due to shade difference and its best to leave it as it is.
Thinking of fixing a tiger mudflap in the center of the rear bumper!
tharian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 22:24   #3624
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian

Yes, cant do much except move on.

I met two mechanics today who quoted 4 and 5k. One of them asked me to leave it as it is since there is no paint loss which I may just do.
He said the looks of the car will be lost due to shade difference and its best to leave it as it is.
Thinking of fixing a tiger mudflap in the center of the rear bumper!
I feel your pain. These idiots are everywhere. Everytime i take my car out, within 5 minutes i wouldve noticed 10 to 15 such idiots by the time i even travel 1km. There is abundance of these crap low lifes on our roads these days. Nowadays if they tend to overtake me from the left i cut them off completely midway everytime they try and allow them whenever they overtake from the right.

Id advice you not to indulge again in such behavior as a result of your anger. I know how youd have felt seeing that idiot but road rage can be very dangerous. On the road noone is sure what the other person can do. In the heat of the moment anything can happen even murder. If you come across these idiots, just utter some of the classiest curses on these fellows(within the confines of your car of course) and have a good laugh and big wide grin on your face.

Also whenever you are in the rightmost lane next to divider, just try to keep as less gap as possible between the car and divider so bikes cannot squeeze through. We educated folks riding bikes wont do such things; but idiots always tend to squeeze through the gaps if any. I just close down the gap completely if im in car and on bike i try to avoid going into the gaps at all.

You can get the dent repaired when you plan to sell off the car. Right now its actually advantageous to ride with a dented car as people tend to avoid coming near such cars, bikers and drivers alike. As my parents say, "Nazar nahin lagega."

Cheers. Drive safe!!
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 23:12   #3625
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,211
Thanked: 2,509 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I feel your pain. These idiots are everywhere. Everytime i take my car out, within 5 minutes i wouldve noticed 10 to 15 such idiots by the time i even travel 1km. There is abundance of these crap low lifes on our roads these days. Nowadays if they tend to overtake me from the left i cut them off completely midway everytime they try and allow them whenever they overtake from the right.

Id advice you not to indulge again in such behavior as a result of your anger. I know how youd have felt seeing that idiot but road rage can be very dangerous. On the road noone is sure what the other person can do. In the heat of the moment anything can happen even murder. If you come across these idiots, just utter some of the classiest curses on these fellows(within the confines of your car of course) and have a good laugh and big wide grin on your face.

Also whenever you are in the rightmost lane next to divider, just try to keep as less gap as possible between the car and divider so bikes cannot squeeze through. We educated folks riding bikes wont do such things; but idiots always tend to squeeze through the gaps if any. I just close down the gap completely if im in car and on bike i try to avoid going into the gaps at all.

You can get the dent repaired when you plan to sell off the car. Right now its actually advantageous to ride with a dented car as people tend to avoid coming near such cars, bikers and drivers alike. As my parents say, "Nazar nahin lagega."

Cheers. Drive safe!!
Point taken.
If the dent works as you say, I will never remove it as long as I have my car!
tharian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 23:15   #3626
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian

Point taken.
If the dent works as you say, I will never remove it as long as I have my car!
It should scare off the biker when he tries to overtake or come in the gap from your right side. the battlewounds on your RED Rascal should scare off these ROAD rascals i hope i remember your vehicle's nomenclature correctly.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 23:22   #3627
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,031
Thanked: 6,230 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

So I was driving back home this afternoon and it was 5pm when I was waiting at the Ulsoor Police Station (after Lido Mall) and was driving towards CMH Road. As usual, all the two wheelers got very desperate and insisted on squeezing between the other cars waiting at the lights including mine.

This guy on some commuter two-wheeler inched his way between a Figo and my car. He wasn't even centimeters from my mirror but that's the norm these days, isn't it? Anyway, he got to a point where he just couldn't go ahead any further as there was another vehicle in front of him and was stuck right in between the Figo's and my car's front fenders.

The lights turned green and I began inching forward but this guy couldn't move because the two-wheeler in front of him had stalled. My left ORVM hit his handle bar as I went forward. It was barely a nudge.

I looked in my mirrors and he was wildly gesturing expletives and subsequently overtook me from the left after the traffic had cleared up. He got in front of me and gave me the glorious finger to which I just smiled. Rider and pillion kept turning back waiting for me to say or do something. Had I gestured I'm sure they'd have done something about it. But I stayed put and concentrated on driving instead.

What irked me is that he came so close to my car and then got hit by my mirror. He wouldn't have been hit if he hadn't come so close. Didn't that occur to him? All I did was move forward. What does he expect me to do? Wait for him to go forward as he wriggles his way through traffic? What does he think of himself? Does he believe traffic should just stop for him as he moves forward?

I know that the knock would have hurt him a little (his hand was on the handlebar as I went past him) and hopefully he would learn from this, finger and gestures aside. But I highly doubt he would.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 23:26   #3628
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muscat
Posts: 49
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Id advice you not to indulge again in such behavior as a result of your anger. I know how youd have felt seeing that idiot but road rage can be very dangerous. On the road noone is sure what the other person can do. In the heat of the moment anything can happen even murder. If you come across these idiots, just utter some of the classiest curses on these fellows(within the confines of your car of course) and have a good laugh and big wide grin on your face.
Sage advice, indeed. . .precisely what my wife tells me as well when I get angry on the roads. I've got into many an argument on the road (mostly with foolish and rude drivers), but finally learned (after numerous rebukes from my wife ) that "getting into it" with an idiot is just not worth it.

I still get angry from time to time, but try and blow off steam elsewhere, which if done correctly is a far safer option than getting into a fight/argument with some joker on the road. Easier said than done, especially if one's really angry, but there it is.

Well said!!

Rahul
Zenster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 00:13   #3629
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 1,398 Times
Default Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So I was driving back home this afternoon

...

The lights turned green and I began inching forward but this guy couldn't move because the two-wheeler in front of him had stalled. My left ORVM hit his handle bar as I went forward. It was barely a nudge.

...
What does he expect me to do? Wait for him to go forward as he wriggles his way through traffic?
IMHO, you really should have stayed put. In some countries, your action could be equated to simple assault. Take a chill pill.

I face similar situations like this every day, and it does not matter if I am on my scooter or car, some moron biker will always try and squeeze through where there is no gap.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 01:19   #3630
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307
So I was driving back home this afternoon?

I know that the knock would have hurt him a little (his hand was on the handlebar as I went past him) and hopefully he would learn from this, finger and gestures aside. But I highly doubt he would.
Suppose he and the pillion decided to throw stones at your car or hit your car and stop in front of you challenging you to a fight, what would you have done? Would you be able to gather all your friends in 5 seconds? And being in a car, the public will offer more support to the biker.

I know how angry we all feel at their idiocy, but think once, is it worth it to get into a fight and spoil your entire day for someone else's idiocy?
I should say you needed to have anticipated his move or atleast let him clear the spot. These morons will never learn. Why waste your time and your mood because of them? Just play some of your favorite music and utter the choiciest curses you can. It will make you feel very jolly inside and calm outside. On the streets of Bangalore, one can never predict what events can transpire within milliseconds. Anything can happen, even murder.

Drive safe. And hope you take my message in the good spirits. Ive no intention of hurting your feelings but Your safety is more important than that of an idiot on the road.


Regards.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 2003 5th September 2017 20:03
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks