Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th April 2014, 18:06   #5911
BHPian

Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Major jam at Marathahalli on outer ring road (both ways). A bus coming from KR puram side has gone over the divider on to the opposite lane. Right now it is stationed at the right most lane just after the gap in the divider after multiplex.
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 18:58   #5912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Idiot of the day on the Airport Approach Road. Luckily, i kept my distance.
Not surprising.
Hope not much damages to Your ride, from the nicks!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 20:33   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Major jam at Marathahalli on outer ring road (both ways). A bus coming from KR puram side has gone over the divider on to the opposite lane. Right now it is stationed at the right most lane just after the gap in the divider after multiplex.
Whats with these buses and divider. 9am today saw a BMTC on the divider near Cubbon park, almost entering into the opposite lane. Police were on the spot trying to get it moved.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:45   #5914
BHPian

As far as I have seen in Bangalore, most of the reflectors at the start of the dividers are either missing or covered in a thick layer of soot and dust!

And on top of that the street lights on some roads like HAL airport road (between the airport and marathalli) are perennially out of order. And with most of the traffic on the opposite lane trying to show off how bright their high beams are , there is no way one can see the divider starting unless they are a regular on that road!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 13:43   #5915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So this sort of thing has now arrived inside city limits, on arterial roads:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5906005.ece
The car has been recovered. The culprits were a drug gang from Kerala.

"The suspects are said to be members of the gang which had attacked Sajith, a software engineer in the City and driven off with his car, a police source said.

The duo are suspected to be members of a drugs gang from Kerala which had come to Bangalore to receive a consignment of ganja. "

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...e039s-car.html
bluestraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 16:23   #5916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
The car has been recovered. The culprits were a drug gang from Kerala.
Yes, I saw this in today's Hindu. The unbelievable part for me was that the car was recovered from Kerala, about 2 weeks after the theft - none of the cops involved in the original accident investigation thought it fit to inform the border checkposts of Karnataka?
binand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 11:00   #5917
BHPian

Is it just me or was yesterday and today morning morning more horrible than usual? (Outer Ring Road)

Took me 2 hours yesterday to reach HSR from Whitefield and today the ITPL area was just crazy
aajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 11:31   #5918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Is it just me or was yesterday and today morning morning more horrible than usual? (Outer Ring Road)

Took me 2 hours yesterday to reach HSR from Whitefield and today the ITPL area was just crazy
I travel in the BMTC chartered ITPL bus every day to office. Today traffic was unusually high around the ITPL area.
suresh_gs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 12:34   #5919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Today traffic was unusually high around the ITPL area.
Today morning, all vehicles other than 2 wheelers were not allowed to ply on the Borewell road in Whitefield that is used as a shortcut by a lot of vehicles including staff buses to reach ITPL/Vydehi hospital via Nallurahalli due to some temple festival in Nallurahalli!
The traffic on the main roads would have gone up due to the detour that people would have to take to go around this!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:29   #5920
BHPian

Not a Rant Really, however, just an update:

Absolute chaos near Graphite India Bus Stop. Cops are catching anyone and everyone who were driving on the wrong side. I have also seen the cops rough up a couple of guys.
People traveling towards ITPL beware!

And as usual - Bangalore co-operation is at its best here, a lot of people indicating about the Cops ahead.

Good Job Bangalore Police. Please make a permanent post over here.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:53   #5921

Cops also standing on the footpaths all along the Graphite India signal.

Would say this is a very good move considering footpaths are for pedestrians and cyclists to an extent . It was utter chaos earlier. Pedestrians always feared being rear ended by a biker.

Hope the cops man this on a regular basis.
suhas.sudhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:18   #5922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Not a Rant Really, however, just an update:

Absolute chaos near Graphite India Bus Stop. Cops are catching anyone and everyone who were driving on the wrong side. I have also seen the cops rough up a couple of guys.

And as usual - Bangalore co-operation is at its best here, a lot of people indicating about the Cops ahead.

Excellent move. These kind of surprise and 'strict' checks are must for Bangaloreans. A whip on the back all of a sudden would bring back road manners to the bad people.

Cooperation funda is funny. Infact I have been helped by motorists many times when roads are jammed ahead or anything of that sort. So telling a fellow biker - "police ahead" is .
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:46   #5923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Aren't these two statements contradictory? I would keep quiet and have the violators pay a fine, rather than warn them, let them escape, and violate the law again tomorrow.

Hey, but it's just me.
bharat4ever is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:53   #5924
BHPian

No amount of fines would help. Just take their keys and hand it over to them after 1 hour to make them realize that it is not worth taking the risk.
All the educated IT folks who do such stupidity will be late to office, meetings and the whole day will be screwed

Last month there was so much traffic pile up inside RMZ ecospace, bikers resorted to driving on the wrong side to exit the campus.
Mr_Bean is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 14:50   #5925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
No amount of fines would help. Just take their keys and hand it over to them after 1 hour to make them realize that it is not worth taking the risk.
All the educated IT folks who do such stupidity will be late to office, meetings and the whole day will be screwed

Last month there was so much traffic pile up inside RMZ ecospace, bikers resorted to driving on the wrong side to exit the campus.
+1

Seize their driving license and let them come to court to pay the fine and collect the same. They dare not repeat the offence in future.
suresh_gs is online now   Reply With Quote