Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 17:51   #9961
JD1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Noticed that they are working on the Madiwala market road finally? They had blocked off one of the lanes today afternoon - hopefully the do a good job. Tired of the bone-jarring ride on that road.
Coming from HSR Layout, I am totally avoiding this road now. Last week when I had to travel twice to city, I went via Silk board. Now that a lane is opened up from Krupanidhi college till water tank, I am planning to take it during peak hours when Silk board is clogged. Then a left at watertank and right at Masjid signal. Do they allow going straight into this new lane from Krupanidhi or I have to compulsorily take left onto Madivala market road?
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 18:55   #9962
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 1,398 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Coming from HSR Layout, I am totally avoiding this road now. Last week when I had to travel twice to city, I went via Silk board. Now that a lane is opened up from Krupanidhi college till water tank, I am planning to take it during peak hours when Silk board is clogged. Then a left at watertank and right at Masjid signal. Do they allow going straight into this new lane from Krupanidhi or I have to compulsorily take left onto Madivala market road?
You can go straight from Krupanidhi signal. However, please be aware that they have placed barricades to form chicanes (and slow traffic down) near the gates of KIOCL and CPWD Quarters.
Also, today I saw a whole herd of cows/bulls sitting down and occupying the entire lane, thus blocking traffic altogether.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 09:09   #9963
Senior - BHPian
 
dark.knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India
Posts: 1,115
Thanked: 2,944 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble
They have blocked off the right lane (which is adjacent to the market) because of some pipe laying work. No sign of any road repairs.
Ah so they will dig up more road, fill it up with loose wet mud or in some places not fill it up at all. This is good news, the road is one step closer to the worst road on earth.. if the government keeps away for just 1 more year it will shatter all records possible of all time. I was taking the more challenging of the 2 sides one day (right side) and even a Range Rover was struggling to keep up, going at about hardly 20kmph. Since I knew most of the downs and ups of the road I'd left him far behind. Like the proverbial cherry on the icing of the cake there is also a speed-breaker er mountain at the end of the road which is totally unmarked and also has a deep linear pothole before it. Those who are unaware will have their suspension wrecked at night.

Btw one doubt about Bangalore autos & two wheelers in general, why do both of these riders need about 60-80 degree turning to get out of a parking slot/lane even though their vehicles are just a couple of feet in width?
dark.knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 13:37   #9964
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 8 Times
Post Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Has anybody been through the signal below the hebbal flyover coming from Manyata tech park side recently?
The road is utterly demolished!!!
It takes about 20 mins to half an hour minimum to cross the signal compared to 5 mins last week and the only reason for this is pathetic condition of the road since the rains started.

@People going to airport from ring road and turning right below the hebbal flyover (lumbini gardens junction), add half an hour or more to your time or else you might risk missing your flight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You are better off, taking the flyover into town, make a U under the next flyover and double back
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
I also have the misfortune of taking this stretch daily.It is a prime contender for the Rainforest Challenge.
Only advice for Airport folks is to stick to the right part of the right lane. Slowly but surely, you will be able to make it!

The other option is to go on the flyover, take the service lane just after Baptist Hospital and take the U - Turn in the tiny Magic Box to go up Hebbal Flyover and the airport.

raghu
There is another alternative, I usually take the below route.

Coming from KR Puram, after Manyata Tech Park instead of getting on to the flyover, take the road that goes below on the right side. Under the flyover take right on to Dasarahalli Main Road (This junction is clogged in peak hours but worth the wait. Road is not good for first 100 meters). You will now pass next to Nagavara Lake (Lumbini Gardens). After approx 1.5km you will find "Karagadamma temple" on left. Take left before the temple to remain on Dasarahalli Main Road and pass Relience Fresh on right and then Canara Bank on left. After Canara Bank in "Y" junction take Right and then second Left before BBMP Park. After approx. 1km from this point you will be on service lane of NH 7. On the service road take left to reach Kodighalli gate signal. Take U turn here and you are on the way to Airport. Airport express road can be taken after approximately 4km from kodigehalli gate. This route would definitely saves time and road condition is good too.

At "Karagadamma temple" instead of taking left you can continue straight and can reach Jakkur signal on NH 7 (one after kodigehalli gate signal). BMTC buses from Nagavara to Yelahanka takes this road. I have never taken this route and hence not aware of the road conditions.
kadurRacer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 14:07   #9965
BHPian
 
raghuram.cg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
There is another alternative, I usually take the below route.
Coming from KR Puram, after Manyata Tech Park instead of getting on to the flyover, take the road that goes below on the right side. Under the flyover take right on to Dasarahalli Main Road (This junction is clogged in peak hours
Thanks kadurracer - I will try that out and report.

Last edited by ampere : 20th November 2015 at 08:48. Reason: Fixed quotes
raghuram.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 18:44   #9966
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 762
Thanked: 572 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
At "Karagadamma temple" instead of taking left you can continue straight and can reach Jakkur signal on NH 7 (one after kodigehalli gate signal). BMTC buses from Nagavara to Yelahanka takes this road. I have never taken this route and hence not aware of the road conditions.
The road was dug up by BWSSB near Rachenahalli lake and was closed for 2 months. It is open now but there is literally no road now in that stretch of around 300 metres- and very slushy courtesy rains. If you have a beautifully washed and detailed car, get ready to head straightaway to a wash!

The route suggested by Kadurracer is fine.
sandsun7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 20:42   #9967
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,157
Thanked: 1,186 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Hennur Main Road near the Manyata/ORR side as well as Hennur Bande is totally wrecked. I was astonished to see the state of the road. In some stretches, there is no road at all!

On a lighter note, maybe our 'Minister for Bengaluru' is bored with Embassy and has shifted his stake to the SUV sector now. No wonder SUVs and crossovers are selling in such large numbers nowadays.

Having said that each one of these SUVs and crossovers dutifully (and aggressively) join sedans and hatchbacks in a strange attempt to avoid even 6 inches of water :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th November 2015 at 20:45. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 06:41   #9968
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

There is a truck overturned on ORR between ISRO U turn and Kalamandir, towards marathalli.
Truck was still there at 0615 AM and I did not see any traffic police or crane to remove it.
Expect big snarl if its not removed soon.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447981853.237387.jpg
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 08:15   #9969
BHPian
 
the_joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
There is a truck overturned on ORR between ISRO U turn and Kalamandir, towards marathalli.
Truck was still there at 0615 AM and I did not see any traffic police or crane to remove it.
Expect big snarl if its not removed soon.
I think the truck is now upright, but still not removed. It has resulted in a single lane and a km long queue. Keep to the left if possible.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 08:51   #9970
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,433
Thanked: 8,304 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
There is another alternative, I usually take the below route.
Part of this route is the typical exit route for all the Manyata cabs to hit NH7. One option is to take the road to back side of the tech park. This connects you to the Jakkur road signal. The other option ends close to the Godrej property.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 09:01   #9971
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,197
Thanked: 7,660 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
There is a truck overturned on ORR between ISRO U turn and Kalamandir, towards marathalli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
I think the truck is now upright, but still not removed. It has resulted in a single lane and a km long queue. Keep to the left if possible.
Thanks a lot for this update. After seeing this dropped the idea of taking the bus, took my bike, got into the service road after kadubeesanahalli underpass and went up Marathahalli bridge and took U Turn in front of the old brand factory to proceed towards ITPL. It looked like traffic was getting backed up till Innovative as a side effect of this accident. This was at 8.40
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 09:12   #9972
BHPian
 
FuelInjector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TN38
Posts: 374
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Slightly OT but still related.
Came across this article in The Hindu , coimbatore edition, yesterday. Called up the number and they said anyone can become a traffic warden voluntarily. Evaluation criteria is there, though. If anyone is truly interested in making their city a better place - go for it.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle7894030.ece
This is there in Tamil Nadu. Not sure if something like this is present in other states. People with knowledge on this can chip in.
FuelInjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 09:36   #9973
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Slightly OT but still related.
Came across this article in The Hindu , coimbatore edition, yesterday. Called up the number and they said anyone can become a traffic warden voluntarily. Evaluation criteria is there, though. If anyone is truly interested in making their city a better place - go for it.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle7894030.ece
This is there in Tamil Nadu. Not sure if something like this is present in other states. People with knowledge on this can chip in.
Yes this is in Bangalore also. You can see here. There is an application form as well:
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...e&id=74&btp=74
aravindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 10:14   #9974
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,659
Thanked: 4,410 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise

Last edited by NPV : 20th November 2015 at 10:15.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 10:39   #9975
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.

Last edited by adnaps : 20th November 2015 at 10:40. Reason: Clarity
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 2003 5th September 2017 20:03
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks