Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 10:46   #9976
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 970
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.
How is the condition of ABB Junction - Hoodi? It was dug up when I travelled a month back.
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 11:19   #9977
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 556
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Took one hour to cover a distance of < 5KM, from Bellandur to Kadubesanahalli
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 11:20   #9978
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,291 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
How is the condition of ABB Junction - Hoodi? It was dug up when I travelled a month back.
The dug up portion has been filled with mud and some cement dust and is still pathetic all the way from ABB to Hoodi. On the other side of the median, same situation with BWSSB just recently completing the work. They're now working on the Zuri side, I just don't understand what they're doing for so long
Also, in a few months we will have 2 or 3 new contributors to traffic pile ups:
-the hotel inside Prestige Shanthiniketan campus will open soon
-work on the mall inside PSN campus is also progressing fast and
-right opposite PSN, Manipal Hospital is coming up and work is progressing at a quick pace there as well
Even more crazier days ahead for Whitefield traffic
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 11:25   #9979
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,178
Thanked: 1,106 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.
Krishna temple road which is on the backside of brigade metropolis and an escape route for traffic has been dug up and as a result all traffic from Garudarachapalya is landing up at the Whitefield Road junction. I spend half an hour in this traffic snarl as well. Pathetic!
reignofchaos is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 11:52   #9980
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,466
Thanked: 692 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

They should build flyovers into the tech parks that should continue a kilometre or so into the park. Take some of their land and help them build flyovers. These hold as much population as small towns/cities with everyone owning vehicles.

I remember D K Shivakumar parting some of his land (3.5 acres near Binny mill) in return for a bridge into his complex that he would build later !
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 11:53   #9981
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The stretch between agara and IOC petrol bunk ORR was completely blocked on both sides due to grid lock at 19th main junction. As usual the side towards iblur was backed up due to morning traffic . The traffic from 19th main turning left towards iblur blocked the intersection which means that the agara to 19th main stretch was also blocked. No body wants to give an inch and so there was complete grid lock. The road after the petrol bunk towards silk board was completely empty...
etrast75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 12:27   #9982
BHPian
 
Nempuguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore/Udupi
Posts: 148
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, in a few months we will have 2 or 3 new contributors to traffic pile ups:
-the hotel inside Prestige Shanthiniketan campus will open soon
-work on the mall inside PSN campus is also progressing fast and
-right opposite PSN, Manipal Hospital is coming up and work is progressing at a quick pace there as well
Even more crazier days ahead for Whitefield traffic
One more big commercial complex from Brigade coming up between ITPL and Brigade Tech Park, infront of container yard. When this starts functioning people travelling from Whitefield side can expect more frustrating ride.
Nempuguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:33   #9983
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,171
Thanked: 7,548 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Just noticed that traffic police have opened up the barricades just before the Intel flyover and were allowing vehicles coming from Iblur/Agara side to take a U Turn here. Most of these vehicles are obviously headed into Ecospace and after taking the U Turn were cutting diagonally across and queuing up to get into Ecospace.

This in turn messed up the traffic coming from Marathahalli side and it was backed up till the end of the Intel flyover. This was at 1PM when normally it is clean run through the Ecospace area.

Hope this was due to some temporary situation and not some new experiment being attempted.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:40   #9984
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 749
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just noticed that traffic police have opened up the barricades just before the Intel flyover and were allowing vehicles coming from Iblur/Agara side to take a U Turn here. Most of these vehicles are obviously headed into Ecospace and after taking the U Turn were cutting diagonally across and queuing up to get into Ecospace.

This in turn messed up the traffic coming from Marathahalli side and it was backed up till the end of the Intel flyover. This was at 1PM when normally it is clean run through the Ecospace area.

Hope this was due to some temporary situation and not some new experiment being attempted.
I am seeing this every day as of last week. I don't what they are trying to do. Maybe trying to divert traffic from the horrid , nightmarish patch in front of Intel campus where the patchwork by BBMP has turned this road in a slushy patch with water flowing.
BBMP providing off-roading thrills free for the Bangalore public.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 13:43   #9985
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today's commute from Indiranagar to ITPL took 80 minutes and for the first time I saw the slowness in traffic movement begin just after Whitefield Honda itself (near the ORR junction), usually it's quite fast in this section upto Phoenix market city.

But today was different, it was slow moving all the way till Hoodi junction. After that, traffic was thin and it was a fast ride which was another surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I was driving in the reciprocal direction and had to spend about 45 minutes to cross the Brigade metropolis stretch. There was no special reasons for this blockage. Only logical conclusion was the traffic entering from the Garudarachapalya road for some reason had created a grid lock for both lanes of this road. This had resulted in traffic backing up almost to KRpuram from Krpuram side and Shell petrol bunk on the reciprocal road from Graphite India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Krishna temple road which is on the backside of brigade metropolis and an escape route for traffic has been dug up and as a result all traffic from Garudarachapalya is landing up at the Whitefield Road junction. I spend half an hour in this traffic snarl as well. Pathetic!
Interestingly Google map driving directions has improved drastically recently. This morning google map was advising me to route via an alternate route but I ignored the same and got stuck at the jam mentioned in my post earlier. Same thing happened last evening. It appears to be tracking traffic fairly accurately and suggesting faster routes which appears to be reliable. Guys please check and update your opinion.
MODS this should have been posted on the google maps thread but I am sure most Bangalore commuters will find this useful.
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 18:58   #9986
BHPian
 
raghuram.cg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

ALERT - Hebbal flyover towards KR Puram is choc a bloc with traffic. The pile up is from Hebbal upto Manyata and Beyond.
This is at 6pm on 20th Nov
raghuram.cg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 19:42   #9987
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 755
Thanked: 567 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
ALERT - Hebbal flyover towards KR Puram is choc a bloc with traffic. The pile up is from Hebbal upto Manyata and Beyond.
This is at 6pm on 20th Nov
7 PM and the jam towards Manyata from Hebbal side has extended upto almost till the flyover near big bazaar on ORR. Traffic on service road is moving slowly. No idea what's behind this jam as I have never seen one so bad on this stretch before.
Google shows traffic on airport road elevated highway towards city backed up till above big market.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 20:07   #9988
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,103
Thanked: 1,147 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Terrible state, even I can't remember this something like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20151120-20.04.37.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 20:36   #9989
BHPian
 
sandsun7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 755
Thanked: 567 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

To make matters worse, two trees uprooted near Mekhri circle bus stop towards hebbal after the rain. This was at around 7 PM and I had already passed the spot by then. The tree has been removed now tweets BTP.

Just now BTP posts in their FB page that another tree uprooted near Sadashivnagar police station slowing traffic from yesvantpur towards Mekhri circle.
Total chaos in North Bangalore roads today
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 09:58   #9990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 443
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Interestingly Google map driving directions has improved drastically recently.
I have been using the maps off late to check for traffic before I leave office. The travel is from Malleshwaram to Old Airport Road, hence multiple route options are available and the data shown is about 80% accurate.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 1986 21st August 2017 21:28
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks