Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 09:58   #10456
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London
Posts: 411
Thanked: 477 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Aha, I see, you were in office cab ? I did some crazy moves to get ahead of the traffic ! I have seen Orange Palio GTX lot of times, but don't recall it being stickered, so must have missed you.
It could be me on Tuesday on Lake Road. I stay somewhere on the lake road near CCD.
I did realize that you were in a Hurry

My Palio GTX is not stickered, but will be getting the sticker in January once the repainting and restoration work is complete

Regards
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 10:04   #10457
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,068
Thanked: 4,334 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I thought traffic today morning would be a breeze and what a disappointment it was.

I was stuck in Silk board for 25 minutes from 6:20 to 6:45 AM, all because a traffic constable thought that its more efficient to manually operate the signals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I was also stuck there from ~ 6:20 - 6:45 !!
Did you notice a Green Beat ?

I was already late for work and wanted to zoom on the ORR, owing to hopefully less traffic, and was taken for a shock when I saw the jam from BTM till Silkboard.
Dont you guys know the cheat code for silk board signal when you come from BTM side?

Today and Monday would be a bad day to go to work. Especially if you plan to return later in the evening. The whole place will be full of maniacs. And Monday will have the most number of office goers. Have planned in advance not to take car to work that day.

Btw Soumyajit, if you commute in this direction to work, how come you spotted me from the opposite direction the other day? Did a night shift by any Chance?
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 10:15   #10458
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 1,653 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I did realize that you were in a Hurry
My Palio GTX is not stickered, but will be getting the sticker in January once the repainting and restoration work is complete
Heeheehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Dont you guys know the cheat code for silk board signal when you come from BTM side?
Today and Monday would be a bad day to go to work. Especially if you plan to return later in the evening. The whole place will be full of maniacs. And Monday will have the most number of office goers. Have planned in advance not to take car to work that day.
Cheat code
Been doing this circuit since last 7 years !! Know a few cheats, but jam at this hour came as a surprise, so didn't get a chance to deploy the cheat code !!
I remember last year 31st, it took me 3 hours from Whitefield to BTM, at 5 pm. Would leave super early today to avoid such a repeat !!

Quote:
Btw Soumyajit, if you commute in this direction to work, how come you spotted me from the opposite direction the other day? Did a night shift by any Chance?
Bang on, had to do Mon and Tue night shifts to cover for a colleague, back to day today onward.
Mon, he carpooled with me, Tue, I carpooled with him.
But that isn't my usual route and time. I use the Kundanahalli route at 6:15 am while going or returning from work.
He forced me to take the Apline Eco route as that saves time. Don't know time, but my car sure took a beating (scolded him as I was expecting it).
That road seem to have been repaired, and have broken down again ! On Tue, a tipper was stuck in slush (posted a few posts back).
I take that route only during peak hours, to avoid K'halli and M'halli.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2015 at 13:40. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. :)
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 10:23   #10459
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London
Posts: 411
Thanked: 477 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Dont you guys know the cheat code for silk board signal when you come from BTM side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Heeheehee


Cheat code
Been doing this circuit since last 7 years !! Know a few cheats, but jam at this hour came as a surprise, so didn't get a chance to deploy the cheat code !!
I remember last year 31st, it took me 3 hours from Whitefield to BTM, at 5 pm. Would leave super early today to avoid such a repeat !!
The Traffic at 6:15 AM took me by surprise, din't get the chance to sneak into the parallel road and come to Silkboard below the flyover from behind the Silkboard Quarters over the drainage in between the Barricades for HTV. If that's what you mean by cheat code

Even I am planning to leave at 2 PM and reach home at Gottigere by 4 Max.
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 10:27   #10460
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,068
Thanked: 4,334 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
The Traffic at 6:15 AM took me by surprise, din't get the chance to sneak into the parallel road and come to Silkboard below the flyover from behind the Silkboard Quarters over the drainage in between the Barricades for HTV. If that's what you mean by cheat code

Even I am planning to leave at 2 PM and reach home at Gottigere by 4 Max.
Simpler stuff is to keep left throughout and using the free left turn I take left and a little while ahead take the U turn and another free left to directly enter the service road. This also avoids the jam after signal caused by buses stopping everywhere to pick passengers. I do this everyday, whether or not signal, whether or not jam.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 10:41   #10461
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 1,653 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Simpler stuff is to keep left throughout and using the free left turn I take left and a little while ahead take the U turn and another free left to directly enter the service road. This also avoids the jam after signal caused by buses stopping everywhere to pick passengers. I do this everyday, whether or not signal, whether or not jam.
You see, me and chandrda have better cheat codes . Why go all the way till silk board to take the "free left", which is actually never free ?

Take left (if coming from Udupi Garden side) from AXA Signal and go inside BTM 1st stage narrow roads, and like chandrda said,come out over the drain near the flyover and go under the flyover and take the service road like you take.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 13:41   #10462
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 750
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
You see, me and chandrda have better cheat codes
Could we have some known cheat codes for ignoramuses like me to follow. I usually like to follow the traffic rules but feel like an idiot when I get stuck and see the rule breaker TTs and cabs zooming away.

I think we should have a thread for that. Or do we already have one ?
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 13:42   #10463
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,840
Thanked: 3,102 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
You see, me and chandrda have better cheat codes . Why go all the way till silk board to take the "free left", which is actually never free ?

Take left (if coming from Udupi Garden side) from AXA Signal and go inside BTM 1st stage narrow roads, and like chandrda said,come out over the drain near the flyover and go under the flyover and take the service road like you take.
There's even a way past the sneaky cops occasionally stationed to catch the wrong side drivers coming out from BTM to take the U-turn, which is very (in)conveniently placed a few meters the wrong way. I just drive into the office campus at the end of that road and come out on the 'right' side of the U-turn. By the time the guard notices it's not a campus car, it's usually too late.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 14:26   #10464
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 1,272 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I think we should have a thread for that. Or do we already have one ?
We do!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ic-lights.html

I had started the thread 21 months ago.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:49   #10465
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

An accident near Gopalan Grandeur Hoodi at 2:30 pm today. The Verna was on a test drive by Hyundai mechanic at high speed. On taking a sharp right turn, he hit a crane which was entering a parking lot, and rolled over twice before coming to halt. Driver escaped with minor injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-verna-crash.jpg  

LoneRidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 16:14   #10466
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 892 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

That Verna may a total loss. Which Hyundai service centre is that ? Appalling to drive and damage a customer vehicle that way, most service centre mechanics drive very rash.

They should replace the customer vehicle with a new one.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 17:24   #10467
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,840
Thanked: 3,102 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Not that I'm the safest driver in the world or immune to accidents, but THAT is exactly the reason why I've never acceded to a 'we provide pickup/drop saar' plea from any A.S.S. Their drivers are maniacs, every single one of them. I've had my car damaged inside a Hyundai A.S.S. yard once (because the moron driving it to the washing bay couldn't be bothered to watch where he was going), and on a test drive another time, both in my presence. That I had a rapport with the Service Manager and got prompt apologies/repairs is a different story, but I'd hate to be THAT customer right now.

"Hello Sir, we're calling from XYZ Service Center".

"Hi, I was expecting a call. Is my car ready for pickup?"

"Er...Yes...No...Actually it's this way Saar. It's totalled! Please come down ASAP".
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 17:27   #10468
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 1,272 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Appalling to drive and damage a customer vehicle that way, most service centre mechanics drive very rash.
What riles me the most is how each and every service center adds a disclaimer on the job card that the vehicle is serviced and test ridden at owner's risk. And we have no option but to sign the job card if they are to begin working on the vehicle.

What annoys me further is how the mechanics have zero regard for what is not their property. Needlessly revving, braking hard and riding around at high speeds are just some of the nonsensical things these people do.

When it comes to motorcycle service centers, all service centers have this habit of revving the bike to the redline when it is in neutral. Even if you approach them for a brake problem.

Anyway, coming back to Bangalore traffic, the past few days have been a breeze.

Will enjoy riding this week, until the hell returns next week.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 17:29   #10469
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,068
Thanked: 4,334 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I see on google maps that the entire stretch from Hoodi to KR Puram is dark red. Has never been like this anytime. Whats wrong today, especially when ORR is free of jams?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.png
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 17:34   #10470
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 3,171 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Whats wrong today, especially when ORR is free of jams?
My guess, new year celebration already started at Phoenix mall.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 2003 5th September 2017 20:03
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks