Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:37   #10966
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,016
Thanked: 4,189 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I took the Hoodi-ATM junction-Graphite Road-ABB/Bhoruka junction-Decathlon-KR Puram route last evening and there was absolutely no sign of any asphalting work on the ATM junction-ABB junction stretch of the Graphite Road
I'm not sure if my colleague had seen work on the the other side of Graphite Road towards EPIP side ?
There are construction vehicles everywhere. Most of the roads in and around EPIP, Graphite India and Chinnappanahalli have been levelled with gravel. Just the final tar layer is awaited. The only pending stretch is from Graphite India to ABB.

Finally Chinnappanahalli Main road and Alpine Eco Road will be asphalted. And along with the bylanes in this area which will provide some alternative roads. Will be abroad the next month and hopefully by the time I come back the new roads wont be dug up again.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:42   #10967
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 968
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Since Monday I have noticed that going via Nallurahalli seems to be the better option. Of course once you cross the GE Tech centre , there is road work going on with trcuks and bulldozers lying around.
There is enough space for a SUV to take a deviation around the construction and join the Nallurahalli main road again.
I guess during peak hours, even this stretch can be a pain to cross
Is the Nallurahalli - Vydehi road open? What is the status of the work?
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:25   #10968
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,131 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Is the Nallurahalli - Vydehi road open? What is the status of the work?
Coming from ITPL to Vydehi hospital, one has to go straight till you reach the GE tech center. The right from Vydehi leads to Graphite India junction.
From GE tech center, you have to turn left and proceed straight till you reach the Nallurahalli road junction. I
It is here that a major construction work is going on.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:28   #10969
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

What's the progress/time expectancy for the RMZ pedestrian walkway ? The queue starts from Agara flyover these days.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:39   #10970
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 968
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Coming from ITPL to Vydehi hospital, one has to go straight till you reach the GE tech center. The right from Vydehi leads to Graphite India junction.
From GE tech center, you have to turn left and proceed straight till you reach the Nallurahalli road junction. I
It is here that a major construction work is going on.
Is there some progress? Can we expect the road to be open soon?
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:45   #10971
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,131 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Is there some progress? Can we expect the road to be open soon?
Mate, since it is a major construction work going (Infact the road has been dug pretty deep) and there is just enough space for a SUV to deviate around the construction area and then rejoin the main road after a small detour.
Not sure how long the construction work will go on. As of now the stretch I am talking about is still motorable.

Please see the enclosed image as to where one should take diversion. It is basically a mud road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-nallurahalli.png

Last edited by suresh_gs : 3rd March 2016 at 10:54.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:00   #10972
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,382
Thanked: 1,270 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I used to frequent the Nallurahalli-Vydehi stretch.

With the junction dug up and rendered unusable, commuters were resorting to alternate routes in and around the same junction.

But one-by-one, the locals have started to close them off. While they might have their reasons, I don't see how public roads can be closed off for private reasons.

Rant #2:
I was at the Shell Bunk near Graphite India last night. I filled up fuel and was leaving the bunk and was taking note of oncoming traffic to cross the road and take a U-Turn to head back towards Graphite India.

Just when I found some space and started to move forward, a lady on a scooter darts in front of me!

Where did she come from?

THE WRONG SIDE!

If I had started moving a second later, we would have collided. That is when I realized that this is the second near miss I have had outside the same bunk for the same reason. The sheer number of lunatics here who ride on the wrong side of the road is annoying to say the least.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:19   #10973
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 195
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Rant #2:
I was at the Shell Bunk near Graphite India last night. I filled up fuel and was leaving the bunk and was taking note of oncoming traffic to cross the road and take a U-Turn to head back towards Graphite India.

Just when I found some space and started to move forward, a lady on a scooter darts in front of me!

Where did she come from?

THE WRONG SIDE!

If I had started moving a second later, we would have collided. That is when I realized that this is the second near miss I have had outside the same bunk for the same reason. The sheer number of lunatics here who ride on the wrong side of the road is annoying to say the least.

I second whatever you have said. Nowadays its always better to see to your left and right before crossing or entering into a main road. It doesnt matter if its a one way or not. People drive in every direction possible. Also on a humorous note, its better to check left, right and above especially if you are below a bridge or a flyover.
kiran_cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:28   #10974
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,966
Thanked: 1,372 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Just when I found some space and started to move forward, a lady on a scooter darts in front of me!

Where did she come from?

THE WRONG SIDE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
People drive in every direction possible. Also on a humorous note, its better to check left, right and above especially if you are below a bridge or a flyover.
A friend had to be at the receiving end on the HAL Airport road, while he was at crawling speeds to turn right, into the HAL market road. A lady riding a scooter came at not-so-low speeds on his left, lost her balance, brushed the car's LHS ORVM and fell down. Being the gentleman that he was, my friend ignored a couple of auto drivers' suggestion to drive off, took the lady to the hospital. Her husband and father arrived at the hospital and displayed some uncouth behaviour - this despite them being educated and working for some PSU/defence establishment. Finally, the settlement was in favour of the scooterist, my friend lost Rs.1500, for an X-ray and patching some already existing scratches on the scooter's front mudguard.
silversteed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:43   #10975
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,155
Thanked: 2,405 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
A friend had to be at the receiving end on the HAL Airport road, while he was at crawling speeds to turn right, into the HAL market road. A lady riding a scooter came at not-so-low speeds on his left, lost her balance, brushed the car's LHS ORVM and fell down. Being the gentleman that he was, my friend ignored a couple of auto drivers' suggestion to drive off, took the lady to the hospital. Her husband and father arrived at the hospital and displayed some uncouth behaviour - this despite them being educated and working for some PSU/defence establishment. Finally, the settlement was in favour of the scooterist, my friend lost Rs.1500, for an X-ray and patching some already existing scratches on the scooter's front mudguard.
I won't be surprised if it was the same lady I encountered yesterday when I was joining Suranjandas road from Bagmane tech park.

She was on a Scooty and with no helmet. She could barely touch the road with her feet and she was accelerating in such a way like how some people do when they are learning to drive. She had to cut across in front of me from the left and join the opposite direction traffic to the right. I saw the way she was driving and stopped almost ten feet away to let her clear the turn because I was almost sure she will fall on the hood. After crossing me ,she had to merge with the other side in front of a cab and I was sure there was going to be some touching, thankfully this lady neither looked over her shoulder to check for any traffic nor did the cabbie bother about her cutting in front of him.

It is so simple that when a car or two wheeler is bought, it is not about just jumping on and drive or ride. This lady was the perfect example of that .

Last edited by tharian : 3rd March 2016 at 15:46.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:02   #10976
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 535
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Mad traffic in and around Mekhri circle BEL road, Hebbal flyover, Outer Ring Road near Hebbal. Good luck to anyone trying to reach airport today or north Bangalore. Please plan accordingly. Apparently some protests by farmers.
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:09   #10977
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 195
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Mad traffic in and around Mekhri circle BEL road, Hebbal flyover, Outer Ring Road near Hebbal. Good luck to anyone trying to reach airport today or north Bangalore. Please plan accordingly. Apparently some protests by farmers.

Just got an update from my transport team. Traffic congestion in and around mekhri circlr, vidana soudha, old madras road, tin factory. It is being led by Mr Kodihalli Chandrasekhar and farmers from chickaballapur, kolar have organised "vidhana soudha chalo" protest. Thousands of them are coming in trucks and tractors demanding for permanent water supply to their fields. Traffic will be thrown out of gear. Beware!!!
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:15   #10978
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Took me 2.5 hrs from MG Road to Sanjaynagar. I was aware of the block at Mekhri Circle and tried almost all routes. But all roads in North Bangalore are jammed. People make sure you are carrying water bottles. Its a nightmare today!!
Santoshbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:34   #10979
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,935
Thanked: 9,232 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I had to visit a location next to Baptist Hospital from Sahakarnagar Side around 15:30 and was completely unaware of the the state till I noticed stationary traffic atop KIAL Elevated Road right at Kodigehalli Signal itself.

I was expecting the worse and it indeed was.

Took me more than 10 mins to take left at Godrej Apartments and then I continued on this road passing Nagwara Lake to Veerannapalya Signal, Kanakanagar and then this location next to Baptist Hospital.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1936198_10153708983284998_9034506946876917923_n.jpg

While returning back after spending an hour from here, I took the usual route via Hebbal Flyover and everything was normal and there I noticed that the Hebbal Flyover was closed towards City side.

Name:  Hebbal.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  54.5 KB

This is due to the protests by farmers at Mekhri Circle as I could notice few tractors at Esteem Mall with green flags.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:42   #10980
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 3,023 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

It's mind-boggling how anyone is allowed to hijack a public utility for ANY purpose with scant regard for the general public.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 1984 7th August 2017 16:23
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks