Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 20:03   #1201
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Today something happened a few minutes back that kind of put me to the question that so called educated mass up here acts like morons all the while trying to correct people just because they have a tbhp membership/ knows too much driving.

Was near the MK ahmed AECS layout and parking is a real chaos.Somehow i managed to park my vehicle on a legal parking so that my wife an kid can hitch a ride.Remember - a legal parking or so.In between the parking guy came across and asked me to move ahead a bit since there was some bloke who made a strange half carb/half road bike parking there. I had my hazard on when i moved on his direction.

Meanwhile some bloke (probably a tbhp member) took me over from the right and told me that the hazard means nothing.The wide open road was there on the otherside.I tried to reason with him on the entire attendant story but he being the total j*rk he is ranted on. Told him since the entire road on my right is free I am not going to move my vehicle an inch and its he who was blocking the entire traffic.There was this huge train of traffic behind him. After he questioned my education I informed him that I have none so that I can take it to his guts. The attendants and other traffic attendant were trying make him understand that he was the one holding up traffic not me.Altercation followed and as usual some dumb dude on a bike came to 'teach me a lesson'- being a localite the lesson was backfed to him and he ran with his tail within his legs. The altercation went on and had to show that red civic his time of his life.

People who know me knows that i am not the one who gets into fights easily and usually road rage.But being wrong and then teaching me whats right without using his brain kind of got into me .

Had to vent this somewhere and kind of thought of putting it up since later a few of people (read sufferers of the red civic's action) came across and thanked me for fighting him off.

I do not support road rage in all its forms and expect civil behavior as in US/europe everywhere else but theres little I can do with people who have had optorectal-opthomy done right after birth.

Optorectalopthomy : the surgery where they amputate the nerve connecting their eyes to their a** so that they are left with a all knowing absurd view of life and people around.
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 22:46   #1202
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,289
Thanked: 18,804 Times
Default

Why do you say he was probably a t-bhp member?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 22:57   #1203
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Did the guy mention that he was a BHPian?
Every now and then you come across one such person who thinks he's doing a good job, but ends up messing things and causing further problems.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 23:57   #1204
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

He said he read online about "people like me" and somehow i am solely responsible fo r the sorry state of affairs in India. The car didn't have stickers-however honestly in bangalore how many times have you not seen a tbhp sticker car taking illegal turns,parking on the wrong side/carb,illegally stealing lanes in ORR. So yes in trouble probably i wouldn't say explicitely that i am a tbhp member since the fun loving crowd would make something else out of it;but would try to hint it to the other guy who looks to be literate since thats all I have ? Also I dont have Tbhp stickers either.

Thats the reason I have used 'probably'- not an accusation no offence please.It may also mean he is a daily visitor but not a member or he is a member of some other forum I dont know of. Further clarifying the fact to rule out any misunderstanding or the topic going OT, I hid my tbhp connection while byuing my car-however the dealer came up digging sometime back and requested a review.When asked where he got the information he initially quoted 'online sources' but later gave in to say they found it from tbhp.

Parallely there are people who made just 2 posts here and use that credentials as their online connection and expect sympathy /help from the community.Mods are pretty swift on them ! Also it is not my intention to fight with the red civic if he truely is a member of this community and i didn't intend it initially as well . I tried to minimize any further altercations here as well since my honest intention here is to keep this place to the topic and clean and he happens to visit by my post.

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 7th February 2010 at 00:13. Reason: further clarification
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 12:01   #1205
BHPian
 
sam_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Posts: 219
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Was near the MK ahmed AECS layout and parking is a real chaos.Somehow i managed to park my vehicle on a legal parking so that my wife an kid can hitch a ride
Is it AECS layout in Brookfiled ? Is there a legal parking space ? Just curious to know as I always struggle to park my vehicle there.
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 18:23   #1206
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 980
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Is it AECS layout in Brookfiled ? Is there a legal parking space ?
There is none. People park on both sides of the road and there is hardly any road left for driving. I prefer taking my bike during weekends in that area.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 19:00   #1207
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The entire stretch is like that -true.But at least in front of MK ahmed they have a marked roadside parking for which they are responsible.Else they wouldn't have uniformed parking attendants.

True thats not legal- its like parking on brigade Road where theres a parking attendant and u pay a fee to make a roadside parking (donno if thats still there). However parking a bike is still chargable that I know.

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 7th February 2010 at 19:03.
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 19:52   #1208
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Wow what an idea to vent it out here..AFAIK, he couldnot have been a tbhp member simply because, the forum members (most of them) will atleast have some senses and will not fight it out like above. Just my thoughts.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 23:18   #1209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Wow what an idea to vent it out here..AFAIK, he couldnot have been a tbhp member simply because, the forum members (most of them) will atleast have some senses and will not fight it out like above. Just my thoughts.
Please don't over-estimate online forum members.
I don't know you and you don't know me.



-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 00:01   #1210
BHPian
 
sam_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Posts: 219
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
The entire stretch is like that -true.But at least in front of MK ahmed they have a marked roadside parking for which they are responsible.Else they wouldn't have uniformed parking attendants.

True thats not legal- its like parking on brigade Road where theres a parking attendant and u pay a fee to make a roadside parking (donno if thats still there). However parking a bike is still chargable that I know.
You assumed that there is parking space but in fact there is none. All those cars parked on both side of the road always causes chaos. This mess will not improve if people keep on parking their vehicles there. I had my share of problems and I never take my car in that road. I see a lot of senior citizens walking in that road and many a times cars and bikes give them a bruise.

I am a resident of the near by area and I plead to the members reading this post, lets not park our vehicles there and keep the road as traffic free as possible.
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:58   #1211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default We are COOL. We can drive anywhere.

I have seen well dressed (hopefully well educated) IDIOTS in Bangalore driving on the wrong side of a divided road without any issue. They think its OK and COOL to use the other side if nobody is coming. When a long queue of cars starts to move at green light, these MORONS get to the other side and overtake all the waiting cars and turn right. Some %$#%$#%$% ones even turn left from the other side cutting the right turning / straight going traffic.

Are these IDIOTS only in Bangalore..or do we have competition elsewhere?
I wish there was a machine gun at each signal which shot at these guys.

The drivers can't be blamed entirely for this. Bangalore might be the ONLY PLACE in this planet where traffic cops urge you to drive on the wrong side so as not to waste time waiting! If you use NGEF road to enter Old Madras road you'll know. Kamaraj Road - Cubbon Road junction also has these brilliant samples of traffic cops. So, you see, cops have taught them to do so. So its OK.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel and i know that its the on-coming train.
I've lost all hopes.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 21:15   #1212
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I have seen well dressed (hopefully well educated) IDIOTS in Bangalore driving on the wrong side of a divided road without any issue. They think its OK and COOL to use the other side if nobody is coming. When a long queue of cars starts to move at green light, these MORONS get to the other side and overtake all the waiting cars and turn right. Some %$#%$#%$% ones even turn left from the other side cutting the right turning / straight going traffic.

Are these IDIOTS only in Bangalore..or do we have competition elsewhere?
I wish there was a machine gun at each signal which shot at these guys.

The drivers can't be blamed entirely for this. Bangalore might be the ONLY PLACE in this planet where traffic cops urge you to drive on the wrong side so as not to waste time waiting! If you use NGEF road to enter Old Madras road you'll know. Kamaraj Road - Cubbon Road junction also has these brilliant samples of traffic cops. So, you see, cops have taught them to do so. So its OK.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel and i know that its the on-coming train.
I've lost all hopes.
We Indians are the smartest in the World. All our actions are guided by risk/reward ratio which we are very good at computing quicker than anyone else in the World. Tell me what is the risk of jumping a RED signal in Bangalore ? And what is the reward ? And what is the punishment (or reward) if you are a good boy sticking to the laws ?

If you violate any traffic rule and don't get caught - you are rewarded instantly (saving time, fuel, hassle - and more importantly you feel smarter than others). If you get caught (very low probability), the bribe never exceeds Rs. 100. And if you don't take the risk, you stand in the queue of the fools. Now calculate the probability adjusted risk-reward for the action. We Indians never do wrong things !
sabynag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 21:39   #1213
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Parallely there are people who made just 2 posts here and use that credentials as their online connection and expect sympathy /help from the community.Mods are pretty swift on them !
I don't think there's anything wrong in doing that. The memberships are accepted after trying 2,3 or 4 times, so most of the time a 'Newbie' is not actually a 'Newbie'.. he/she has been a part of the community for quite a time and found it worth contributed his/her time in registering and being a part.

@Topic - It's usually awful seeing 2 people fighting on road, no matter whoever's fault it is. We are humans and tend to make mistakes, however, everyone wants to teach the other guy a lesson, when one's not at fault (No offence to anyone-just my thought).

Such instances like PaglaGoru faced usually makes us hyper, but lately I have learnt.. Smile is a better weapon to embarrass the person than beating him/her up.

Ofcourse, if the smile doesn't serve the need.. we all have other alternatives
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:18   #1214
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I guess the only other way out, when dealing with such characters, is to ignore them after a certain point. Some individuals love to go on lecturing others on the road (when they themselves would be at fault). So after a while, just walk away from the scene and avoid any further interaction with such people.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 10:27   #1215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
We Indians are the smartest in the World. All our actions are guided by risk/reward ratio which we are very good at computing quicker than anyone else in the World. ..... We Indians never do wrong things !
Makes sense.
It also explains the number of people (most probably software engineers) who does this without any qualms.

p.s. I'm also a Software Engineer.....unfortunately.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 1988 22nd August 2017 16:19
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks