Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 19:14   #14176
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,933
Thanked: 9,214 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Is there a big traffic jam on the Electronic City flyover going from Electronic City to Silkboard?

I can see blood red from before Hosa Road till Madivala in G Maps. Scared to venture out.
Looks like it and I am not surprised at all during this time of the day.

On normal days, it's normally normal to have sub normal jams on BETL towards city .

4.5 Kms on Bridge itself is jammed and beyond that as well.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20170614191122.png
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 12:13   #14177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Is there a big traffic jam on the Electronic City flyover going from Electronic City to Silkboard?

I can see blood red from before Hosa Road till Madivala in G Maps. Scared to venture out.
I donot travel on flyover but, at the toll collection booth, there is a big board displayed stating "Major Maintenance Work in progress on the flyover."

So, I think this is causing the Red line to appear in Google Map
gkveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 12:09   #14178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 380
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Ashok, i didnt check it out yet. Only trouble for me with Trains is there is no trains between 5pm and 7pm in Bellandur road or carmelaram. The morning train starts at 8:15am from Hosur but daily I see its delayed by 30 to 50 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Though there are no trains between 5-7 pm there is one @ 5 PM and other @ 7.08 PM which you can try though not sure about the time it reaches Carmelaram.

Cheers!!
AutoAficionado
Took the plunge and came to office in train. Caught the Hosur - Yeshvantpur DEMU. Started at Hosur around 8:35am and reached Bellandur Road station by 9:25am. Took a share auto from station to ORR main road. From there Embassy tech village is just a 10 mins walk Totally happy with this train commute! Some times the trains are late but doesnt matter its safe and convenient and more importantly very cheap!! Rs.10 for a one way ticket and season pass costs Rs500 for 3 months!! I am seeing many people commuting between Hosur/ Heelilage(near chandapura) and Bellandur. Will update later in the night about my return journey.
sairamboko is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 11:28   #14179
BHPian
 
whitewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Took the plunge and came to office in train. Caught the Hosur - Yeshvantpur DEMU. ...<snip>.....Will update later in the night about my return journey.
Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to your updates. I have been considering travel by train for some time, but have not yet gotten around to trying it out.

My travel would be in the opposite direction - Hebbal to Heelilage and my office is in E-City phase 1. The commute from Heelilage to E-City has been a dampener till now.
whitewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 12:40   #14180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 380
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to your updates. I have been considering travel by train for some time, but have not yet gotten around to trying it out.

My travel would be in the opposite direction - Hebbal to Heelilage and my office is in E-City phase 1. The commute from Heelilage to E-City has been a dampener till now.

I have added you to a telegram group. Please join it. I am seeing lots of commuters traveling from in either directions.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 22:17   #14181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

With metro phase 1 starting from today, can we expect reduced traffic of cars/bike on ORR, which currently connects whitefield to south Bangalore? I presume even if you change metro train at Majestic and take feeder bus from Bypannahalli to ITPL/vydehi hospital, it would be less time consuming than crossing BTM, Silk Board, Bellundur, brookfields etc
Anyone planning to try this out in coming days?
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 08:28   #14182
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 4,181 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
With metro phase 1 starting from today, can we expect reduced traffic of cars/bike on ORR, which currently connects whitefield to south Bangalore? I presume even if you change metro train at Majestic and take feeder bus from Bypannahalli to ITPL/vydehi hospital, it would be less time consuming than crossing BTM, Silk Board, Bellundur, brookfields etc
Anyone planning to try this out in coming days?
I think the change will be seen gradually and maybe not today or this week. Firstly people should chalk out their plans(like me ) to have a proper timing, transit and so on. Then word of mouth effect should take place with colleagues recommending the metro to co workers. Then these guys should get convinced and start taking metro. After this happens, only then you can actually witness the change.

But for the stretch between bellandur - banashankari I guess will remain as it is. The most beneficial will be those who commute between ITPL, Graphite India, Hoodi to parts of Central and South Bangalore.

I am hoping to wake up early tomorrow and give metro a shot.
audioholic is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 08:59   #14183
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Doesn't the traffic from BTM to HSR via Silk Board look less today at this time ? On other days it's usually a dark red line but it's more or less orange now . Metro effect , or wishful thinking ?

Someone who took the Silk Board route today would be better placed to comment. Some of my friends who stay in Bangalore South and work in Bagmane and RMZ Ecospace plan to take the metro from this week. There were heavy crowds yesterday at Yelachanahalli metro station yesterday.

EDIT : Just heard from someone who crossed Silk Board about an hour ago that traffic was bad as usual .
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-sb.jpg  


Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th June 2017 at 09:06.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:17   #14184
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Doesn't the traffic from BTM to HSR via Silk Board look less today at this time ? On other days it's usually a dark red line but it's more or less orange now . Metro effect , or wishful thinking ?

Someone who took the Silk Board route today would be better placed to comment. Some of my friends who stay in Bangalore South and work in Bagmane and RMZ Ecospace plan to take the metro from this week. There were heavy crowds yesterday at Yelachanahalli metro station yesterday.

EDIT : Just heard from someone who crossed Silk Board about an hour ago that traffic was bad as usual .
I felt traffic was on the lower side for a Monday Morning between Agara and Kundanahalli. It generally takes 40-45 minutes if one starts at 8 at Agara. It took me 32 minutes today.
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:27   #14185
Senior - BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 2,212 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
With metro phase 1 starting from today, can we expect reduced traffic of cars/bike on ORR, which currently connects whitefield to south Bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am hoping to wake up early tomorrow and give metro a shot.
I usually take the 7.27 from Majestic to BYPL and today the crowd was a lot more than what I have seen in the past. Yesterday I did take a ride on the metro to Jayanagar and the train was packed Majestic onwards. Lots of folks using the Metro to get to Yeshwantpur from Majestic and vice versa. As more and more folks start taking the metro, the crowd is gonna get worse and BMRCL is going to be in a tight spot for not having ordered coaches sooner.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:43   #14186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 338
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Took the 8:20am metro from Byappanahalli to JP Nagar today. Was in JP Nagar metro station by 9:05ish.
Still need to figure out how to reach Delmia circle from JP Nagar metro. Took an auto today. Was in office by 9:30am.
If I travel by bike, I usually reach office by 9:15ish; I take the OMR > Ulsoor > Trinity Circle > (left at) Vellara Jn. > Diary Circle route.
Not much difference time-wise. But the convenience is remarkable!
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:47   #14187
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 4,181 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Someone who took the Silk Board route today would be better placed to comment. Some of my friends who stay in Bangalore South and work in Bagmane and RMZ Ecospace plan to take the metro from this week. There were heavy crowds yesterday at Yelachanahalli metro station yesterday.
I will test waters today by returning home on the ORR. Lets see if I come home without being frustrated. But I am not sure how metro will help people going to EcoSpace. Its impractical to travel from BYPL to Ecospace if one is coming from South bangalore. The bellandur route is anyday better. These guys cant make use of the metro until the silk board - K R Pura line is open.


Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I usually take the 7.27 from Majestic to BYPL and today the crowd was a lot more than what I have seen in the past. Yesterday I did take a ride on the metro to Jayanagar and the train was packed Majestic onwards. Lots of folks using the Metro to get to Yeshwantpur from Majestic and vice versa. As more and more folks start taking the metro, the crowd is gonna get worse and BMRCL is going to be in a tight spot for not having ordered coaches sooner.
My friend took the metro today morning from BSK to BYPL and told me that the Green line train was not crowded but the purple line train was. The way metro officials are handling the crowd is just horrible and they badly need to run twin trainsets at peak hours to ease the crowd. Instead they are trying to increase the frequency of the trains which has a definite limit of how much load the line can take. Instead, they should oonsider running twin and triple trainsets depending upon the load. This is a very dynamic system and the trains can be coupled and decoupled automatically. Instead, now these morons have to wait for BEML to give additional coaches, and then spend time to permanently resize trains. During non peak hours, these trains will run at a less occupancy, which will put the extra coaches to waste. Dont know why they cant involve some innovations in this age.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 10:10   #14188
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But I am not sure how metro will help people going to EcoSpace. Its impractical to travel from BYPL to Ecospace if one is coming from South bangalore.
Oops , sorry , I meant RMZ Infinity which is walkable from the Byappanhalli metro station and is a lot more accessible now from Bangalore South.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th June 2017 at 10:12.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 10:55   #14189
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,572
Thanked: 268 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

As some of you may be familiar, New BEL Road has becomes over crowded over the months due to its unexpected commercialisation with almost every brand showroom and now even a Hyundai showroom with absolutely no parking areas. Fact is, its just a 1.5 km long shopping area, originally a residential area, forcefully converted into a commercial hub.

Odd Even parking system was executed here many months back. But lot of people are not aware of that change. So, if you are not familiar with this area, please make sure you park on the correct side based on the date. Sign boards are in multiple places but easily unnoticed.

There is a reason for me to post it here today. Yesterday I have been to Soch, 18th being same side parking but no luck finding a single spot anywhere, I had to move to the other side and decided to sit in the car while wife could finish her shopping in 15 minutes (I know thats an impossible timing for a lady to shop, but lets keep it that way for easier description ) As usual the tow truck guys are doing their rounds and they are the busiest people here. I saw 3 cars taken away infront of me and other 2 from behind me all within 20 mts flat. They were polite, asked me to move little ahead so they get enough space to tow away the poor machines behind me
shajufx is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 12:37   #14190
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
As some of you may be familiar, New BEL Road has becomes over crowded over the months due to its unexpected commercialisation with almost every brand showroom and now even a Hyundai showroom with absolutely no parking areas. Fact is, its just a 1.5 km long shopping area, originally a residential area, forcefully converted into a commercial hub.

Odd Even parking system was executed here many months back. But lot of people are not aware of that change. So, if you are not familiar with this area, please make sure you park on the correct side based on the date. Sign boards are in multiple places but easily unnoticed.
Damn !! This road was a mess on Saturday in the evening. Odd even is just eye wash coz I saw cars parked on both sides of the road and the cops were being choosy on whom to fine and whom not to. Well they had a field day for sure coz in the 1 hour that I was that I there, they at-least made 5-6 trips back and forth towing vehicles to Sadashiv Nagar police station.

Fact is, 90% of the stores along this road have no parking space and the shoppers end up parking on the main road or the by-lanes. Some car owners are completely brain dead, they park right in front of the garage gate inconveniencing the home owners. I was a victim since my car was parked in my aunts house, the parallel road(behind Fab India) and when I got back dang !! some fool had parked his Alto right in front of the gate. Had to wait it out till the idiot returned from his shopping. Gave him a mouthful and he drove away without an ounce of regret for his action.

It doesn't end with this, you have an additional responsibility of dealing with the imbeciles called drivers (taxi and auto's) who simply stop wherever they think is appropriate to pick up passengers.

That said after the Saturday fiasco , I learnt my lesson coz its a lot easier to take the BMTC bus to New BEL Road and return home.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants. sajo Street Experiences 1984 7th August 2017 16:23
Help on a sticky situation in Bangalore acroback Street Experiences 25 28th January 2013 23:41
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks