Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2006, 16:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

You did the right thing. I would have reacted similarly. Come to think of it, I already have...
Old 26th February 2006, 12:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
No, don't claim insurance. It isn't worth losng no-claim bonus for just 1500 bucks.
SAGE ADVICE!! Not worth losing your NCB
Old 26th February 2006, 13:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
1. The Matiz guy made a series of mistakes.

2. My son sits in the back and notes traffic violations sometimes, pointing out the chaps who cross unbroken white lines, yellow lines and double yellow lines. He had pointed out the Matiz (much before the chap broke ranks) saying "he's got one wheel outside a DOUBLE yellow line!"

3. My son saw what happened. He also saw what the cops DIDNT do (as opposed to Dubai where he sees cops doing all the right things). He also saw the Matiz getting away. I would have been sending a VERY wrong message to a very impressionable kid if I had taken things lying around. Punching the chap wasnt the best thing to do, but justice had to be done and even more so because there was this kid who couldnt believe all that he'd just seen. I wouldnt want him to see his dad backing off to someone who's just made a series of mistakes.

4. Standing in front of his car would've been foolhardy if he had been doing some speed. He was just taking off, and by then I was livid and my conscience wouldnt allow me to let him get away. Its not something that I'd do every day, but conviction gives you courage.
Way to go Steeroid....

I dont knwo if the my fellow Mallus will agree .. but Driving in Kerala is quite something else.. especially around curves/bends on the highway - Generally Transport Buses were the ones to watch out for - but now -a days just about everyone overtakes on a bend.... I have had so many close shaves its not funny!! .. Now formed the habit of taking my feet off the accelarator the minute I see a curve where somehting blocks the vies of the road ahead..

kb
Old 28th February 2006, 14:58   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I dont knwo if the my fellow Mallus will agree .. but Driving in Kerala is quite something else.. especially around curves/bends on the highway - Generally Transport Buses were the ones to watch out for - but now -a days just about everyone overtakes on a bend.... I have had so many close shaves its not funny!! .. Now formed the habit of taking my feet off the accelarator the minute I see a curve where somehting blocks the vies of the road ahead.. kb
I felt that it is the same like anywhere else in India. I have found the KSRTC guys to be pretty dangerous, but then isn't it the same on TN highways when it comes to buses (Govt or private) ?
It is possible that drunken driving is more in Kerala due to the high per capita consumption of liquor, which would lead to dangerous driving (in case of private vehicles).
Old 28th February 2006, 22:27   #35
BHPian

Ya Steeroid,
If you think punching someone on the road shows your kid what a hero you are, then I think you are already sending him a very wrong signal. He wud not hesitate to punch anyone , cause his dad did it.....
come on man.....
you shoudnt use physical force unless your life is on the line or someone is gonna harm ur near and dears.....
You chased the guy, stood in front of his car and punched him....
Its road rage.
Old 28th February 2006, 22:43   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
Ya Steeroid,
If you think punching someone on the road shows your kid what a hero you are, then I think you are already sending him a very wrong signal. He wud not hesitate to punch anyone , cause his dad did it.....
come on man.....
you shoudnt use physical force unless your life is on the line or someone is gonna harm ur near and dears.....
Its road rage.

lol. you drove that Matiz?

If he hadnt done that, the Matiz guy would have done it to him! Believe me. Seems you havent driven much on real roads
Old 1st March 2006, 00:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
Ya Steeroid,
come on man.....
Its road rage.
Lets just say that you werent there and I was. Those who know me know that I'm a rather quiet guy under normal circumstances - I dont go about trying to convince the others. You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, so lets not get personal here. End of topic.
Old 17th July 2006, 11:03   #38
BANNED

You claim to be a civilized citizen coming from dubai etc etc yada yada

But the fact that you punched someone is also a crime and very uncivilized.

By hitting somone you are commiting a crime yourself. Learn the Law buddy.

From support team: You've taken that entire quote to reply. But who are you talking to here? He didn't mention of punching any body!

Besides, if you're talking about other posters..then please be informed that your tone of voice is not right here. TBHP does not allow any personal remarks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th July 2006 at 13:07.
Old 17th July 2006, 17:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

An auto guy hit me from the left hand side before I could react & speed off. I chased him and blocked his way. When the crowd gathered there, he was trying to put the blame on me. Crowd tried to pacify me and let him off.

I alerted a few of my friends and got him blocked in the next junction. Took him to the cops and nothing materialized. Iam aware that I could make the claim without getting this to cops, but was feeling like getting that idiot taught a lesson. Escalted to the higher up chatting there & was asked to lodge a complaint in the police station in which jurisdiction the entire thing happened. He also noted down the auto number & warned the driver to cooperate with me.

I took the guy for few kms and let him off as I dont want to waste my time as well.

Not all the five fingers are same. Each individual has his own temperment. Though the auto guy deserved the steeroid school of thoughts, I kept myself off. But having said that, if you put yourself in the shoes of steeroid, what he does is right and the matiz guy deserves it. He was unlucky that he got into steeroid's way and not mine's

Last edited by Surprise : 17th July 2006 at 17:56.
Old 17th July 2006, 18:32   #40
BHPian

Definitly agree to what Steeroid did. Have been through many minor accidents, and I normally dont even ask people to pay for damages etc., as long as they are nice and accept what they did. But then, there are some guys who will pretend that they have no idea what happened, or simply say that eveything is my fault, or even start abusing...

I prefer to take the trouble to trouble them a "little", than walk away. Atleast that way, I sleep a bit better.

And when I am at fault, I also promptly pay up. :-)
Old 17th July 2006, 19:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microhit
You claim to be a civilized citizen coming from dubai etc etc yada yada

But the fact that you punched someone is also a crime and very uncivilized.

By hitting somone you are commiting a crime yourself. Learn the Law buddy.

From support team: You've taken that entire quote to reply. But who are you talking to here? He didn't mention of punching any body!

Besides, if you're talking about other posters..then please be informed that your tone of voice is not right here. TBHP does not allow any personal remarks.
Dude We live in india and things like these happen.When the law itself does not take matters into their own hands its We who should.Steeroid did the right thing and if the matiz guy would have been been sorry and nice to him and stopped the car right when the incident happen i dont think steeroid would have roughed him up or even asked him to pay for the damages.Its only when he acted up and refused to even stop and steeroid had to brake and block his path to make him stop.On top of that he tried to run away hit him and stop only when steeroid clung over his bonnet.All this definately proves that he needed a some ethics lessons which was rightfully given by steeroid.
Its called giving what they deserve.If u commit a mistake be a man enough to admit it.
Old 17th July 2006, 19:40   #42
BHPian

Mod Edit: This is a year old thread and is being closed because nothing productive is being discussed here.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2006 at 20:31.
Closed Thread