Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 20:09   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
NetfreakBombay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sirji Unlikely or most likely?
Understand one thing if they want to reject your claim they will reject your claim. As if you are in problem, that is not there problem it's your problem.
Bullying customer on phone is one thing. Actually rejecting claim is another.

Usually these things are done to delay claims for months.

If you make is apparent that you have know-how to approach Ombudsman things should work out in 4 -5 months.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 08:52   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Bullying customer on phone is one thing. Actually rejecting claim is another.

Usually these things are done to delay claims for months.

If you make is apparent that you have know-how to approach Ombudsman things should work out in 4 -5 months.
May be you are right but with "ICICI" I don't think this will make difference to them, they are shame less guy's and don't care for you at all.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:37   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 1,104 Times
Default

ICICI people are the most bullshit piece of substance available on the earth.
the surveyor had submitted his report. the surveyor was a very senior person and has an experience of 40 years in this field.

now i received the call from Mr.Nikhil Shinde from ICICI Malad branch. he asked me to submit a new drivers statement saying that he did a commercial transaction of Rs.800 as per the FIR. i explained him that the driver did not take any money and allowed them in because their mother was not well. and indeed driver did not get any money and he ended up loosing his money and my car as well.
then he was like we all at ICICI know that Indica is a tourist vehicle. this blowed my fuse off and asked him to stop speaking crap. i told him that my dad is a GM with tatamotors and me too at a senior level with tata. it was not a indicab or white colored car and it was fitted with stanley leather seats and 50k worth music system.
i asked him to give in writing that he was demanding the change. then he was like " hamare paas mail ya writing karneki pratha nahi hai". hearing this i lost all my temper and i replied " Hamare paas bhi gadho se phone pe baat karne ki pratha nahi hai".
then he said that means you are not co-operating. then i told him whatever the surveyor has given in report is true and you can go ahead with that. i will see later what is to be done and what all departments i need to involve right from Police commissioner to court and all.
then he was like i will submit a report that since driver is not present the report cannot be taken. i clearly told him that driver is not going to accept what he has not done. he has not done any transaction.

i think i should ask the mods to warn each and every BHPIAN not to use any product from ICICI.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:54   #139
BHPian
 
vdiatech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hello amit, like esteemlover suggested, walk into their office and ask to see the CLAIMS MANAGER. Please do go with a lawyer. Politely explain your case and the attitude and behaviour of the staff over phone.

I am sure, he will sort it out in your favour

My Cousin is a Claims Manager ( entire TN ) for another auto insurance company and he has a lot of customers, walking in to meet him.

Edit: +1 to what Technocrat said above asking for a written request. When you ask for written statements from them, about their views on the case, they will know that they cannot take you for a ride ! Its your right to demand what they say in writing !

Last edited by vdiatech : 16th December 2009 at 12:59.
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:56   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,861
Thanked: 2,398 Times
Default

Amit - There are enough ICICI horror stories & its sad to see you become another victim.

Btw You should have told him that since he wants a written statement, you expect a written request & not a telephonic one.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:59   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 1,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Amit - There are enough ICICI horror stories & its sad to see you become another victim.

Btw You should have told him that since he wants a written statement, you expect a written request & not a telephonic one.
ya i told him to send me a written request letter to which he denied. and i was also open to meet him personally. but he is like come to MALAD to meet me then and submit the document. i was like i can go down to the sourav hall head office in pune. then he said that i cannot go there as the case is in his hand. then i gave up. i cannot travel down to malad to hear his crap.

now the only thing left with me is submit the final verdict of police and wait till they deliver me a letter saying that my claim is rejected, then i will get into the legal battlefield.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 15:12   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 270
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Please Pardon my ignorance
@Amit: shouldn’t be your case should be handled in Pune. Since the car is registered wit insurance policy taken from pune then why the case is in Malad. Also is it possible that they can transfer the case to pune branch.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:44   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

i think i should ask the mods to warn each and every BHPIAN not to use any product from ICICI.
Dude, you are a senior Bhpian, which means you have been around for quite sometime. May I ask what made you go in for an insurer like ICICI in the 1st place? Even if not at Tbhp, the net is replete with complaints about ICICI.

I know its done now, but can't help being curious.

Last edited by Raccoon : 16th December 2009 at 16:45.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:53   #144
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Amit first thing first, dont panic and cool down, fight with them politely. If he says the file is rejected or will be rejected, tell him thats fine. and politely mention that ICICI will have tough time from now on. and fight legally. FIR statement doesnt stand true in court it can be changed.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:13   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i think i should ask the mods to warn each and every BHPIAN not to use any product from ICICI.
I 100% support you statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I know its done now, but can't help being curious.
Sirji now you can't do anything over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ya i told him to send me a written request letter to which he denied. and i was also open to meet him personally. but he is like come to MALAD to meet me then and submit the document. i was like i can go down to the sourav hall head office in pune. then he said that i cannot go there as the case is in his hand. then i gave up. i cannot travel down to malad to hear his crap.

now the only thing left with me is submit the final verdict of police and wait till they deliver me a letter saying that my claim is rejected, then i will get into the legal battlefield.
Please be in PATIENCE and don't loose your temper as you will receive many more phone call's like this from insurance company. I know it's easy to give "Bha-shan" but still...

One thing let me tell you here in your premium you have paid for surveyor expense which is built-in in your premium which will not reflect in your policy. I don't have anything in writing for this but as soon as I have I will post it here. If insurance company need's anything they have to come to you they can't force you to come to Mumbai - Malad for submission of document's.

I fail to understand how this Malad chapter come's in this business?
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:51   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 1,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Dude, you are a senior Bhpian, which means you have been around for quite sometime. May I ask what made you go in for an insurer like ICICI in the 1st place? Even if not at Tbhp, the net is replete with complaints about ICICI.

I know its done now, but can't help being curious.
i know icici is the worst service provider, be it in any product. but tata motors had tie up with them wherein the subsidized loan is disbursed directly from company. so i dint bother peeping much into details. i directly picked the car from the showroom and drove it home.
now i regret this foolishness of buying a icici insurance. now i am just offloading all icici products i have.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:27   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,888
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i know icici is the worst service provider, be it in any product. but tata motors had tie up with them wherein the subsidized loan is disbursed directly from company. so i dint bother peeping much into details. i directly picked the car from the showroom and drove it home.
now i regret this foolishness of buying a icici insurance. now i am just offloading all icici products i have.
Sad to see that your troubles are continuing thanks to ICICI.

Damn, they make buying insurance so easy !! Pay online, this and that way, however when it comes for them to pay, they look for ways of not paying.

Crooks, Good that I avoided them at all costs till now and will continue to advise others too. Glad that helped one of my friend to move away from ICICI, when Maruti dealer was giving him insurance from ICICI, had given strict instructions to them to provide any PSU insurance.

Hope your case comes to closure soon with no more hassles. You are doing good thing by asking them to send everything in writing. Also be patient, it is the money which they owe you and they have to give it, theres no escaping, how they will give, thats something time will tell.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 15:26   #148
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 234
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@amit_mechengg

I am not here to support ICICI for that matter. :-). However as i see Nikhil is just a executive trainee in ICICI Lombard (i have confirmed this). So may be its too early to form a opinion about brand based of behavior of trainee executive.

Anyhow, we have better goal to achive - claiming insurance cover for your lost car.

I will suggest please mail your experience and dissatisfaction about your phone call to proper people in mail with request to settle claim promptly.

I will be in position to update you with correct persons/ mail ids. However you need to be elaborative while drafting mail and your demands.

Disclaimer: I have no relation with ICICI group in any way. Just want to help out here.
idea1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 16:15   #149
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Amit. Sorry for what has happened. Hope you come out of this soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.

jk..LOL..reminds me of the mal sayin, 'aanakaryam chenakaryam' ..
Others sorry for the regional language, but thats how its said !
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 18:20   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 1,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
@amit_mechengg

I am not here to support ICICI for that matter. :-). However as i see Nikhil is just a executive trainee in ICICI Lombard (i have confirmed this). So may be its too early to form a opinion about brand based of behavior of trainee executive.

Anyhow, we have better goal to achive - claiming insurance cover for your lost car.

I will suggest please mail your experience and dissatisfaction about your phone call to proper people in mail with request to settle claim promptly.

I will be in position to update you with correct persons/ mail ids. However you need to be elaborative while drafting mail and your demands.

Disclaimer: I have no relation with ICICI group in any way. Just want to help out here.

thanks a lot for your helping hand. i think its a better idea. that i mail in detail to concerned people. will pm
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accident near Salem - Cousin and driver beaten up. ZENnist Street Experiences 51 28th November 2012 09:08
Tata Safari 2.2 stolen this morning (DL3C A Y 4878) [immobilizer beaten?!] whatcanthisbe Technical Stuff 78 16th May 2011 19:37
Route Help: Panvel-Tuljapur-Akkalkot-Hampi-Saundatti-Kolhapur-Ratnagiri-Panvel nomadabhi Route / Travel Queries 3 20th December 2010 20:49
Find your Stolen Vehicle @ http://www.stolen.in Edit: And other similar websites dadu The Indian Car Scene 9 16th October 2009 02:48
Old driver beaten up, reason - lady driver sympathy! rocksterraghu Street Experiences 54 2nd December 2007 10:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks