Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th November 2009, 16:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
The car seems to be owned by our Karnataka Chief Secretary!!
How did you make that out? From the number? It had those green number plates with Govt of Karnataka on it.

Who ever it is, needs to get a lesson in humility.

The car eventually took a Uturn under the KR Puram Bridge, opposite the railway station.

I went on straight to ORR and home.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:26   #32
BHPian

BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System

This link gives out the name of the owner, given a car number. , Try yours and make sure it gives out your name. Else you have a problem in hand. Fortunately it does not give out the address. We have online access for wrong privileged information, but the ones that have potential for corruption are guarded and no on line access.

Nainar
anainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:42   #33

Thumbs up

ohh! never knew something like this existed! Made me check out the MTIS: Mumbai transport information system

nice site!
Voido_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Try yours and make sure it gives out your name.
Ha ha ha ha.. knew about that link. Didnt expect information about government vehicles to be public as well.

Oh and yes my car does show on there
Old 12th November 2009, 12:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

i personally would love it to make the *******VVIP people get stuck in traffic and then make them realize what we go thru every time their USELESS motorcade blocks us.

LOOSERS.

AC
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

The difference between developed countries and us is our feudal mindset, a carry over from the days of the Kings. Have anyone seen wide eyed followers screaming "Annan Obama Vazgha" (long live big brother Obama) on the roads in the USA? The people ultimately get the Govt they deserve.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
..........Have anyone seen wide eyed followers screaming "Annan Obama Vazgha" (long live big brother Obama) on the roads in the USA?....
Maybe it's because most Americans don't speak Tamil?
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post

The point is, they don't scream the English equivalent either!
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 13:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
You beat me to it. ROTFLMAO...
Old 12th November 2009, 14:38   #40
BHPian

I have never seen what it is like when the roads are blocked for a VVIP to do the damage in cities like Mumbai, Delhi and others. And i pity the people who get stuck coz nobody cares about their time and how important it is for them. I have seen how bad it can be in Bangalore many a times. The last time I was stuck, I had a chance to see 3 ambulances with sirens at full blast but there was absolutely no way for these ambulances to get out as it was stuck for almost a kilometer.

And on some other day, I had a chance to see a government vehicle with some siren and lights at full blast get stuck behind an auto!!! I loved that sight. Even the ****head inside has to know how it feels like when someone else takes away your time for no reason or no fault of yours.

I feel that nothing is going to change, coz if it needs to be changed, we need to know that we need a change. Sadly nobody wants it.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 12:49   #41

This reminds me of an incident that happened in Calicut. The Vice President (I will not say our Vice President as non of them belong to us.) the entire traffic was blocked due to his visit and me and my family had to walk home three kms from the railway station, with all our luggage, and my two daughters, then three and four. then wait on the other side of the road, just opposite to my residence for another one hour till the convoy passed.

Same has happened to me at Cochin, my hometown due to VIP movement, where the whole city was brought to standstill for half a day due to the visit of the President. Same happened when some politian who holds office of some minister in the Centre visits any place. Since then, I take the day off when some of these visit the place.
newinthomas73 is offline   Reply With Quote