Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 25th September 2005, 16:47   #16
Team-BHP Support

Or was it the archtypical Kerala driver with more alcohol than blood in his body?

PS - I am also a mallu
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 16:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Or was it the archtypical Kerala driver with more alcohol than blood in his body?

PS - I am also a mallu
You mean too little blood in his alcohol stream??? One of us was actually sent back from a blood donation camp in College with this comment from the doctor.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

one of the most possible hazards i will say.
especially for somebody who graduates from bikes to cars. the comfort factor of car is too much to handle. I also once turned to see my tiffin box hanging down and next moment I was about to enter incoming lane from opposite direction. thankfully my instincts brought the wheel back in line.

also once on bike (110 kmph), i turned to tell a fellow biker that his side stand was on, and when looked in front, there was no road at all (it had turned left, and i was on verge of getting into a ditch). thankfully i managed with braking and turning immediately. But I know It cud have been worse.

swore that I will never take my eyes off the road.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2005, 22:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

some thing similar happened to me.i was on near the pedder road bridge and i saw a porche coming from the opposite direction so obiously i was staring at it and then i saw a really hot babe sitting on the side which all the more distracted me.when my eyes came back in front saw a cabbie stoped in the right lane of the road because he wanted to go left(below the bridge) and so was waiting for some of the cars from the other lane to pass.i just managed to stop and swerve but swore ill never take my eyes of the road again.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 12:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to me on Indianapolis Blvd. in 2000. I was on I-94 coming from Chicago to Michigan, and was busy changing the tape in my car. I heard a sound and realized that the car in front of me had stopped and I was hitting the car. I braked but it was too late, my hood and radiator had gone by than.
I realize now too many a times we dont look at roads while changing music settings. I hope that the wired remote on steering become more popular here!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 13:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys there is a song about this. Goes like this "Keep your eyes on the road....".
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 16:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

... and your hands upon the wheel ...

Nice song.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 16:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

yes, Roadhouse Blues by DOORS.....

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/doors,-the/42683.html
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 16:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, you are right Sandeep. I am not a very big fan of The Doors, but I like this one and Break on Through (the other side). Nice. Really nice song. Damn! We are going off topic again.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 16:01   #25
BHPian

What is it with Skoda drivers they always seem to crash somehow or the other well IMO that is... have had abt 17 Skodas roll in this September coz of careless driving... and the list goes on
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 21:52   #26
BHPian

Now that you mentioned it, I saw a red one lying upon its side, on the Kollam-Trivandrum NH-47, just the day before yesterday. I've seen atleast one Skoda rolled before, on the same stretch. What's with this car? Or is it the driver's fault?
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 22:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its definately not the car's fault. It can handle speeds and breaking, handling is good too. Drivers tend to push it a bit too much considering that its a very capable car.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 23:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Karthik here. I have seen Skoda owners go flat out over pot-holed roads where most people are at 10-20 kmph I can see Skoda owners doing atleast 40-50 kmph which subjects the cars to a lot of prangs. I agree that they are solidly built but then these abuses screw the cars up in the long run.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 14:36   #29
BHPian

skoda is an exellent car, i dont think accident occurs due to any car, but fault basically rests with driver. skoda has exellent pick up and performance but u need to keep in mind its low base, potholes being a problem. also the same car differs from test conducted at tst roads to actual indian road conditions , so alway slook out , bc we are not driving on roads meant for f1 rather on roads badly maintained ones in india. also learnt to enjoy driving cars without being scrathed for long term periods rather than driving at high speeds for short term satisfactions resulting in accidents.
raja_ys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2005, 13:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

ive done around 150-160 on the palm beach road in mumbai, belive me when i say that " it was smooth", it was really really smooth, i din know i was at that speed, but when i checked the speedo, n about rolling over n stuff, ive dont a decent left turn at around 100 k to the hour, n d skoda took it all in its stride. FYI i was in a 1.9 TDI and not in a RS.
but yes every car has its limits and when u push it beyond the limit it gives up.
and also luck might not favour you all the time.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote